Hey WTF we swept the Raiders, everything else is a bonus!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

I didn't live the Revolutionary War, but I'm still angry Benedict Arnold ditched us.

I didn't live slavery, but I still hate the Supreme Court for the Dred Scott decision.

I'm too young to remember when Lance Alworth played, but, guess what? Fuck the Cowboys.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Just know, if your papa was a Charger fan, he didn't raise you right if he didn't rase you to hate the Raiders.

Insert rep here /\
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        Just know, if your papa was a Charger fan, he didn't raise you right if he didn't rase you to hate the Raiders.

Insert rep here /\
        Rep'd.

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
          You hate teams because they are good.

I hate teams because they are evil.

I mean, shit. Goddamn - look at the emblem on the helmet. It's a fucking pirate with swords. That's what that team represents. Name me another team that wears evil as its logo.

Do you know what raiders are? They are marauding gang members who steal a whole lot of shit, ruin communities, and are generally fucking violent about it. Is there another team in the NFL that is named after a gang of criminals?

Here's a lesson in culture.

Down in Mexico - the drug traffickers, the ultimate bad guys of Mexico and probably the entire Western Hemisphere - wear a deity called the Santamuerte. I don't think the Santamuerte is actually an evil goddess, but, if you just Google her, you'll see she looks fucking menacing. Why do you think the bad guys chose her as their deity instead of whom most Mexicans worship - the sweet-faced Virgin of Guadalupe?

In the USA - our gangsters, at least when I went to school (I realize this was before you were 10) - wore Raiders gear. Of all the clothing options in all the world, why do you think the bad guys chose, and probably still often choose, to wear Raiders gear?

The Patriots cheat, they win a lot of games, and they knocked us out of the playoffs twice since you were 10. But this is all recent history that will likely change as soon as their coach is out of the picture. The Raiders - they will always be evil. Why? Because that's who they are. They are the bad guys.

When Heisenberg comes knocking on your door, I bet he isn't dressed as a Patriot.
          Buccaneers?
          sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
            Buccaneers?
            Bitten by the shark.
            Last edited by thelightningwill; 11-18-2014, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Opera singer and web developer.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              Sweeping a shit team is such a big accomplishment for us, I guess. And people say I'm depressing/pessimistic. Beating the Raiders twice is why it's so much fun to have them in our division. We SHOULD beat the Raiders twice, every year.

And beating a shit team by 7 points is hardly Super Bowl worthy news.

It's funny, I'd rather go 14-2, with two blowout losses to the Raiders, and win the Super Bowl, then beat the crappy Raiders twice and go one-and-done (or worse). What's sad is that I honestly believe that many posters here would actually consider that first scenario a somewhat less-than-OK season.
              I'd be ok with a 2-14 season as long as the 2 wins are over the Raiders.
              Adipose

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                Maybe so. But what if we went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl. And both losses were to the Raiders? How would you HONESTLY assess such a season?

To me, winning the SB supersedes everything else (football related). It would be the same as if we lost both games to the Broncos; or the Patriots (assuming we played them twice in the regular season). Or ANY other team. And I truly hate the Broncos and Pats. The SB is the prize. Two losses to the Raiders, in the same season, with a SB victory? Where do I sign?

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Maybe so. But what if we went 14-2 and won the Super Bowl. And both losses were to the Raiders? How would you HONESTLY assess such a season?

To me, winning the SB supersedes everything else (football related). It would be the same as if we lost both games to the Broncos; or the Patriots (assuming we played them twice in the regular season). Or ANY other team. And I truly hate the Broncos and Pats. The SB is the prize. Two losses to the Raiders, in the same season, with a SB victory? Where do I sign?
                  Please Q, any team we field good enough to go 14-2 isn't losing to the Raiders!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Along the same point, no Chargers fan would be OK with a 2-14 season.

But were just talking about Chargers fans
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Somebody rep this truth!
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Dumb Q uestion. You sign at the bottom with your own blood.
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                          Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                          Dumb Q uestion. You sign at the bottom with your own blood.
                          Seems like a pretty easy question to answer. Yes or no. Lots of tap dancing going on.

I may have to start a poll. Which will probably have the fewest participants of any poll, ever.

Comment

Working...
                          X