Hey WTF we swept the Raiders, everything else is a bonus!

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltergeist
    Pesky apparition
    • Jun 2013
    • Baja Oklahoma
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Viejo Bolt View Post
    Here's something for us Charger fans. Now that we beat the Raiders yesterday, Denver has a better all time record vs. the Bolts than the Raiders do. We're 50-58-2 regular season against the Turds and 49-59-1 against Donkies. To think that we were once 31-54 vs. these Turds, we've almost climbed out of the hole.
    As Nixon used to say: "Four more years!"

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Your reaction is what is overblown here Q! We hate the Raiders for historical reasons. We all know they suck and have sucked for a decade, but we just got done sweeping them. Yeah, we didn't blow them out but we got a much needed win. Their fans are so obnoxious that it does give us some enjoyment. The most interesting part of an otherwise mundane game was watching the Raider fan's faces while Charger fans were yelling "0 and 10" over and over again after it was over. Not sure what your obsession with us enjoying this has to do with us winning a superbowl or why it is overblown.
      I don't take any pleasure in squashing a pathetic team (OK, maybe I do, but it really doesn't matter WHAT pathetic team we squash). However I get an enormous amount of pleasure is seeing the pompous ass fans of GOOD teams like the Broncos, Patriots, Saints, even Chiefs go quietly in the night after a loss.

SOOOOO much more satisfying to me, personally.

Beating the Raiders is a joke, nothing more. Taking care of business. Doormats. Laughingstock. Clown princes. It's not just the guys here. All fans, everywhere, should just understand that the RAIDERS ARE IRRELEVANT. All the over-the-top anti-Raiders stuff just serves to propagate the "legacy". They'd be as insignificant - less so - than the Browns if people would just let them die.

Comment

• KNSD
        Registered Charger Hater
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Yes it DOES matter which pathetic team we squash - when it's the Raiders. Sheesh, I'm beginning to think you're a bit mentally imbalanced like my mom (who says she's both a Charger AND a Raider fan... *sigh* )
        Prediction:
        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Boltx
          Dominate the day
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Can I say something without getting totally ripped apart?

Fans of my "generation" (I was born in the early 80s) don't really give two shits about the Raiders. I've been watching football since I was maybe 10? And during my football lifetime the Raiders have only been good for a few years - the Gruden era and the 2002 Super Bowl team. Other than that, they have been a complete joke of a franchise. Don't get me wrong - I totally understand the hatred some of the older (with all due respect) fans feel, and I appreciate the history between the two franchises. For example, one incident with the Patriots (2006) is enough for me to hate them with the passion of a 1000 burning suns until the day I perish. But I just can't get hyped up for a Raiders game. Broncos, Chiefs - way more meaning to me as a fan. Maybe I just haven't had that "Raider moment." But this may be an explanation as to why the "younger" generation of fans doesn't get all excited about beating the Raiders anymore.

Please don't get mad!
          ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Boltergeist
            Pesky apparition
            • Jun 2013
            • Baja Oklahoma
            • Send PM

Why should anyone get mad? Makes perfect sense. But trust us old guys; they've earned the hate.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

As a Chargers fan you owe it to yourself and your brethren to truly understand and embrace the Raider hatred. It's an important part of being a Chargers fan.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

As someone else posted, despite our decade long domination of them, we STILL are 9 games under .500 against them (I think that was the number) all time. The kicked the crap out of us for a long time. The older fans just don't forget that.

Clearly the Broncos are the recent rivals that matter and the players feel that way - but they weren't around back in those days.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                  Can I say something without getting totally ripped apart?

Fans of my "generation" (I was born in the early 80s) don't really give two shits about the Raiders. I've been watching football since I was maybe 10? And during my football lifetime the Raiders have only been good for a few years - the Gruden era and the 2002 Super Bowl team. Other than that, they have been a complete joke of a franchise. Don't get me wrong - I totally understand the hatred some of the older (with all due respect) fans feel, and I appreciate the history between the two franchises. For example, one incident with the Patriots (2006) is enough for me to hate them with the passion of a 1000 burning suns until the day I perish. But I just can't get hyped up for a Raiders game. Broncos, Chiefs - way more meaning to me as a fan. Maybe I just haven't had that "Raider moment." But this may be an explanation as to why the "younger" generation of fans doesn't get all excited about beating the Raiders anymore.

Please don't get mad!
                  You hate teams because they are good.

I hate teams because they are evil.

I mean, shit. Goddamn - look at the emblem on the helmet. It's a fucking pirate with swords. That's what that team represents. Name me another team that wears evil as its logo.

Do you know what raiders are? They are marauding gang members who steal a whole lot of shit, ruin communities, and are generally fucking violent about it. Is there another team in the NFL that is named after a gang of criminals?

Here's a lesson in culture.

Down in Mexico - the drug traffickers, the ultimate bad guys of Mexico and probably the entire Western Hemisphere - wear a deity called the Santamuerte. I don't think the Santamuerte is actually an evil goddess, but, if you just Google her, you'll see she looks fucking menacing. Why do you think the bad guys chose her as their deity instead of whom most Mexicans worship - the sweet-faced Virgin of Guadalupe?

In the USA - our gangsters, at least when I went to school (I realize this was before you were 10) - wore Raiders gear. Of all the clothing options in all the world, why do you think the bad guys chose, and probably still often choose, to wear Raiders gear?

The Patriots cheat, they win a lot of games, and they knocked us out of the playoffs twice since you were 10. But this is all recent history that will likely change as soon as their coach is out of the picture. The Raiders - they will always be evil. Why? Because that's who they are. They are the bad guys.

When Heisenberg comes knocking on your door, I bet he isn't dressed as a Patriot.
                  Last edited by thelightningwill; 11-17-2014, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• KNSD
                    Registered Charger Hater
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Not mad, just a bit perplexed. "Holy Roller" - Look it up, and get angry.
                    Prediction:
                    Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                    Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                    Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                      As a Chargers fan you owe it to yourself and your brethren to truly understand and embrace the Raider hatred. It's an important part of being a Chargers fan.
                      Use The Farce
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                        Not mad, just a bit perplexed. "Holy Roller" - Look it up, and get angry.
                        Like I said, I'm no stranger to the history. All of it. Guess its just different because I didn't live it.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Complasent about your teams history?

Sit over next to QSmokey...

Or have a shot of demeral...

...and sit down over next to QSmokey!

You choose.
                          Last edited by Stinky Wizzleteats+; 11-17-2014, 10:12 PM.
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X