• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

We scored with Allen. Hes a stud. Hes in his sophomore season. He will make some mistakes. My only issues with him are the way he holds the ball when running after the catch. Need to protect the rock. And his physicality in the end zone. WRs get a little more support from refs when they are on the goal line and pressed. He can use his body to dig into a cb on a short comeback route. A cb should never go untouched on the route he ran. Its no big deal. He'll get coached up. Hes just a kid out there. But honestly i think he might be a super #2 WR. Id like to add another stud opposite of him. I love Floyd but hes no young stud. Hes solid but not spectacular. With the money we have under the cap next year i wont complain if we draft a WR high. Or sign one in free agency. I love the direction the D is going but with some additions to the OL/RB and WR positions we could be a really deadly O. First order of business needs to be the OL though.

Comment

• Yubaking
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
      Do you bother to read the posts, or are you just one of the biggest idiots on the intarWebz??? The man was running a slant. The point of a slant is to gain quick separation by running away from the defender. How the fuck do you drive into a defender and run away from him at the same time??? Please explain this new transdimensional football reality to me.
      Are you pulling your left foot or right foot out of mouth to deal with this post? As you admitted in your later posts, the play was not a slant in at all, but a square in. Michael Irvin, who played at the same height and 4 pounds lighter than Allen, made a career out of initiating contact with a CB and then breaking off of that contact to gain separation. A player actually gains more separation by doing exactly that versus just cutting inside without impeding the CB's route to the ball in any way whatsoever.

And passes get thrown behind WRs all the time. Good WRs try to catch the ball, or if there is no opportunity to catch the ball, they try to knock it down, or if there is no opportunity to knock it down, they try to interfere with the CB or at least tackle him after a pick if the WR couldn't get back to the ball. On the weaker side of the spectrum is Allen falling down over contact that should not have caused the average super centenarian to fall down while not touching Jenkins as he made the INT and scored on a 99 yard TD romp.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

So, do any of the forum Brian trust know when we play the Rams next? What? No?

Then start your own thread to live in the past! We play the Ravens next!
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• Yubaking
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
          Yes, that's right. My original comments include that notion. So do the ones you are responding to, and every single comment I have made about this. Go look at the fucking video. If I had a telestrator I'd circle it for you and then do that nauseau-inducing back-and-forth shit Madden used to love to do while shouting "Boom!" at you each and every time. Jenkins hand is on the small of Allen's back. Clearer than any of your pompous "Clearlies"!

Go watch the video. I'll wait.

I said go watch the fucking video, you moronic dimwit! (Which I say in the most loving manner to avoid my wrist getting slapped by an admin when you go crying to them about my epithets.)

Ok, I will now proceed under the assumption you've watched the video, so if you continue to sing the same tired song I'll have no choice to conclude there really are synapses that are misfiring up there:

Now that you've watched the video replay again, you see Allen is running a slant from left to right with Jenkins trailing him. The pass, as you can now see, lacks zip, and as a result of lacking zip it is targeted slightly behind Allen. (A pass with zip would have been a TD unless Allen drops it.) Allen reaches behind him while his momentum continues to carry him from left to right. Jenkins hand is resting on Allen's lower back as he begins to make the break on the pass. He does not extend his hand to push off, and the other contact between the two players is incidental because Allen has not established himself in the spot where the ball is and Jenkins is making a fair play on the ball. No PI whatsoever, despite your ignorant assumption that any contact is automatically PI. The combination of trying to reverse his momentum and the contact with Jenkins sends Allen to the ground, and Jenkins sprints the other way for an easy TD.

So, Mr Smarty Pants, how is a WR supposed to drive into a defender while running away from him? How is a WR supposed to hold footing better when torquing himself against the flow of his momentum to attempt a play on a poorly targeted pass while incidental contact by the defender is helping the momentum along? How is a WR suppose to contravene the laws of mechanics/physics to fight for or contest the ball better in this specific situation? Limit your answers to this particular play, please, as I am not looking for an encyclopedic analysis of every pass thrown at Allen, just this one he was meant to bend the fabric of space and time to catch.

And as for your generalization on QBs and fault in INTs -- not controversial??? --- that doesn't even merit a response. My shovel isn't big enough to dig through that mountain of bullshit.
          First, I have never initiated any communication to an admin about you or anyone else. I have responded when someone pussed out to the admins about me and the admins let me know about it. In doing so, I have pointed out that I typically have to overcome being punched in the balls about 5-10 times before I ever get near the belt line with any of my comments. In case you haven't figured it out by now, I do not care at all what anyone says or thinks about me. I have never and will never bring complaints to admins--ever. But I do care when someone pusses out and goes crying to the admins about me and I will defend myself in those situations.

Second, please let me enjoy this moment in which you are pleading with me to watch the video and then you later recognize that you didn't even correctly identify the route Allen ran, indicating that you were actually the one that failed to see the play. And then you attempt to pass it off as if it is no big deal in the context of our discussion. Good grief, if you had been at Ford's Theatre in April of 1865 and reported that it was Major Rathbone that had been shot and not President Lincoln, you would probably have said that that was just some minor error without consequence hoping that nobody recognized just how important the error was.

Yeah, nobody could ever initiate contact with a CB to gain separation on a square in pattern. Holy crap! Do I actually have to explain that one to you?!

I have already explained what good WRs do on balls thrown behind them and will not do so again here. Like I said, I would not expect Jenkins' contact on Allen to have knocked over the average super centenarian, so if that's Allen's excuse for falling down, he needs to find the nearest grocery bag and wear it over head this week in shame. I don't think Jenkins' contact had anything to do with the play. Allen seemed to lose his footing on his own, which was part of the problem in addition to the pass being bad. Allen needs to do better on that plays like that going forward and he can.

Finally, if you want to think that the majority of INTs are not primarily on the QB, you have a perfect right to do so no matter how foolish that may make you seem.

Comment

• Yubaking
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            So, do any of the forum Brian trust know when we play the Rams next? What? No?

Then start your own thread to live in the past! We play the Ravens next!
            Yes, we play the Rams next in 2018.

Comment

• Yubaking
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              We scored with Allen. Hes a stud. Hes in his sophomore season. He will make some mistakes. My only issues with him are the way he holds the ball when running after the catch. Need to protect the rock. And his physicality in the end zone. WRs get a little more support from refs when they are on the goal line and pressed. He can use his body to dig into a cb on a short comeback route. A cb should never go untouched on the route he ran. Its no big deal. He'll get coached up. Hes just a kid out there. But honestly i think he might be a super #2 WR. Id like to add another stud opposite of him. I love Floyd but hes no young stud. Hes solid but not spectacular. With the money we have under the cap next year i wont complain if we draft a WR high. Or sign one in free agency. I love the direction the D is going but with some additions to the OL/RB and WR positions we could be a really deadly O. First order of business needs to be the OL though.
              I agree with all of this.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Talking about interceptions and how they happen in general is slight of hand. WE are talking about a specific interception. No broard sweeping statements apply.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

I think we should move on. The game is over. Lets focus on the Ravens. This shit is played out.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                    Yes, we play the Rams next in 2018.
                    You can't start too early... I guess?
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Opera singer and web developer.
                      • Send PM

Are you pulling your left foot or right foot out of mouth to deal with this post? As you admitted in your later posts, the play was not a slant in at all, but a square in. Michael Irvin, who played at the same height and 4 pounds lighter than Allen, made a career out of initiating contact with a CB and then breaking off of that contact to gain separation. A player actually gains more separation by doing exactly that versus just cutting inside without impeding the CB's route to the ball in any way whatsoever.

And passes get thrown behind WRs all the time. Good WRs try to catch the ball, or if there is no opportunity to catch the ball, they try to knock it down, or if there is no opportunity to knock it down, they try to interfere with the CB or at least tackle him after a pick if the WR couldn't get back to the ball. On the weaker side of the spectrum is Allen falling down over contact that should not have caused the average super centenarian to fall down while not touching Jenkins as he made the INT and scored on a 99 yard TD romp.
                      The fact that it was a square-in rather than a slant changes absolutely nothing.
                      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Send PM

In case you haven't figured it out by now, I do not care at all what anyone says or thinks about me.
                        Then why do you feel the need to respond at length to every little thing?
                        Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Send PM

Second, please let me enjoy this moment in which you are pleading with me to watch the video and then you later recognize that you didn't even correctly identify the route Allen ran, indicating that you were actually the one that failed to see the play. And then you attempt to pass it off as if it is no big deal in the context of our discussion. Good grief, if you had been at Ford's Theatre in April of 1865 and reported that it was Major Rathbone that had been shot and not President Lincoln, you would probably have said that that was just some minor error without consequence hoping that nobody recognized just how important the error was.
                          As the entirety of my point was always that Allen was off-balance while running in one direction and trying to reach back to make a play on an underthrown pass while the defender was breaking through him to make the pick, the fact that it was a square-in instead of a slant changes absolutely nothing. It's kind of like saying Booth was using a LeMat instead of a Colt. Both are revolvers, and the fact that Lincoln was shot and killed doesn't change. Both routes involve Allen running left-to-right away from the defender on a timing pattern, and absolutely none of the points I made are invalidated. So, take your time and enjoy the moment: It won't change the fact that, as usual, you're wrong, or the fact that, as usual, no amount of words on anyone's part will persuade you of that.

After you're done enjoying the moment, would you like to engage in a breakdown of each of Rivers' INTs this season, or any season, or all seasons, or any other QB? I don't particularly relish the thought, and I really would seem foolish for wasting my time, but if it's the only way to make you see how utterly stupid your claim about QBs is, I could be persuaded.
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X