• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

OK, mostly a non factor. He isnt a factor near enough.
    He’s a good complementary guy that does a lot of things that most fans don’t notice. He’s just older now and past his prime.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I don't have a problem with the defense in general it's just that bradley is not teaching his defenders to be organized opportunists on the field. No takeaways is a form of deficiency (except ingram). Can't blame that on the offense.
      Takeaways would help. No doubt.

Defense will be more opportunistic when offense can get up by 2 scores.

I like what Tillery is doing. Nwosu is starting to get after it. Bosa is always disruptive. Think they will help put pressure on opponents and create some more turnovers soon. Derwin versatility is missed.

2020 is all about what the Offense can get done.
      Defense will make enough plays and keep the opponent score down in most games to give offense a chance to win each and every game.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He’s a good complementary guy that does a lot of things that most fans don’t notice. He’s just older now and past his prime.
        He was drafted #18. He has underachieved if he is a complementary guy, .... and his prime wasn't much to speak of.

"Experts" have said we have one of the best tandem pass rushers in the league. I think Merriman and Phillips were better as a tandem. Phillips at 9 years in his career had 20 more sacks, 2 TDs and more INTs and over 100 more tackles. He has more as he played 12 years but just comparing at the same stage.

Posters used to say Phillips should give a cut of his next salary to Merriman because it is because of him, Shaun has been freed up. Whats Mels excuse?

Ive just been very disapointed with Ingram ....if that hasnt been apparent yet :tongue:

Maybe id feel different if the coaches realized he is better suited elsewhere and put him there and got another pass rusher. It was suggested that he should be moved to MLB. He is a good athlete, maybe wasted as a DE/Leo.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I agree Merriman and Phillips were better as a tandem. Mel has never been a steady pass rusher. Wish we had a Fred Dean with Bosa! I doubt Nwosu will ever be much of a threat as a pass rusher - we need a stud opposite Bosa.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

He was drafted #18. He has underachieved if he is a complementary guy, .... and his prime wasn't much to speak of.

"Experts" have said we have one of the best tandem pass rushers in the league. I think Merriman and Phillips were better as a tandem. Phillips at 9 years in his career had 20 more sacks, 2 TDs and more INTs and over 100 more tackles. He has more as he played 12 years but just comparing at the same stage.

Posters used to say Phillips should give a cut of his next salary to Merriman because it is because of him, Shaun has been freed up. Whats Mels excuse?

Ive just been very disapointed with Ingram ....if that hasnt been apparent yet :tongue:

Maybe id feel different if the coaches realized he is better suited elsewhere and put him there and got another pass rusher. It was suggested that he should be moved to MLB. He is a good athlete, maybe wasted as a DE/Leo.
            I know you’re disappointed in Ingram. The Ingram thread this offseason served as a reminder. I disagree with your assessment. The only thing I would say is Ingram would have flashier stats if he was playing with a more blitz heavy DC like Bowles or even Wade.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I know you’re disappointed in Ingram. The Ingram thread this offseason served as a reminder. I disagree with your assessment. The only thing I would say is Ingram would have flashier stats if he was playing with a more blitz heavy DC like Bowles or even Wade.
              You still have to beat your man. Bosa does, Ingram dosnt. If Gus did play a more blitz type of defense, he would be sending more defenders....Mel rushes on most downs already.

Whats to disagree about? Where is he excelling for us? He has like 12 QB hits last year. I pointed out before that many other pass rushers have had way more than him the past 2 seasons. His best is 25. In 12 games as a rookie, Bosa had 21. Bosa had 31 last year.
              If i could find a Hurries stat, id show that too as im sure it isnt that good either.

I have to stop talking about him....my wants for a trade will go down lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                I agree Merriman and Phillips were better as a tandem. Mel has never been a steady pass rusher. Wish we had a Fred Dean with Bosa! I doubt Nwosu will ever be much of a threat as a pass rusher - we need a stud opposite Bosa.
                Agree and i been calling for a other pass rusher for 2 years now. I wanted us to sign Z'Darius Smith last year.....rotate em in, keep em fresher.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

You still have to beat your man. Bosa does, Ingram dosnt. If Gus did play a more blitz type of defense, he would be sending more defenders....Mel rushes on most downs already.

Whats to disagree about? Where is he excelling for us? He has like 12 QB hits last year. I pointed out before that many other pass rushers have had way more than him the past 2 seasons. His best is 25. In 12 games as a rookie, Bosa had 21. Bosa had 31 last year.
                  If i could find a Hurries stat, id show that too as im sure it isnt that good either.

I have to stop talking about him....my wants for a trade will go down lol
                  When you blitz, it’s all about matchups. Often time, you end up against a TE than a tackle. That’s how Shaun Phillips feasted. If you compare solely in QB hits, you can see correlation between the amount of blitzes vs the amount of QB hits/hurries/pressure. This was all in the Ingram thread.

And Boss is a special type of talent like Merriman. You don’t need to blitz him.

Comment

• AK47
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Bradley gets no pass?....missing Derwin, Ingram, Tranquill, and now Harris. 3 pro bowl level defenders.
                    Sure is a lot of talent sitting on the sidelines.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      Nwosu was getting good pressure vs CAR, he just couldnt get the sack.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Utah
                        • Midnight Toker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

Nwosu was getting good pressure vs CAR, he just couldnt get the sack.
                        I've said it before and I'll say it again. He does not win his battles. He makes plays from time to time. As he should. But he is not living up to his contract or his draft pick. Just my opinion.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

I've said it before and I'll say it again. He does not win his battles. He makes plays from time to time. As he should. But he is not living up to his contract or his draft pick. Just my opinion.
                          He has been a rotational depth player for his first couple years.
                          He had 7 QB pressures vs the Panthers.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X