• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

i'll extend this thread with what i'm sure is a fairly popular opinion from even the harshest Gus critics,
    If Gus is willing to start Herbert, he should be promoted to Head Coach.
    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
      I’ve been thinking about the Chargers defense that is supposedly strong at stopping the deep ball/big plays. They supposedly do this by playing primarily 3 deep zone defenses.

Whenever I play my friend in Madden football, I primarily play 3 deep zone defenses and sometimes cover 2. Since the computer controls each defender, they tend do do what they are supposed(programmed) to do. I play the Chargers and my friend plays his team, the 49ers. It is interesting that he can usually run and dink me to death, but eventually he gets impatient and tries to throw deeper or ids forced to throw deeper and I usually pick him off….. so without human intervention, a 3 deep zone pretty much prevents the big play… lol

From that, I assume that Bradley’s 3 deep zone schemes are also designed to take away the big play. Most of the Media experts also seem to say that.

In every game this season, it seems like our opponents can throw deep successfully every time they really need it...... and it leads to the winning score (Burrow threw 2 deep balls to completely wide open receivers….. one was off target and the other was dropped, but if either was caught they would have won).

Does that happen because Bradley changes the defense in crunch time? Or do we just lack the proper personal or deep speed? Or does this just happen later in games because our defense is gassed???.... or is it just impossible to actually stop an accurate deep ball in the NFL today???

this is a great question Charge.
      most frustrating part is watching our secondary get carved up with the dinks and at the most inopportune time, a deep ball
      I think it's likely a soup of all those reasons
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

I'll take that risk any night.
        Then no complaining when it doesn’t work!

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

#4 Defense in the league.

#30 Offense in the league.

This should have been a fire Steichen poll.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• AK47
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Then no complaining when it doesn’t work!
            The defensive approach against KC. I'll take that any time. Unless you've got a Mahommes, genius playcalling coach, and a 4.29 speed WR you're gonna struggle against that Chargers defense.

Against the Panthers......either the Jack Boyz scheme didn't work or we went to defensive hibernation mode. Actually combination of both due to injuries.

We went from Jack Boyz, the most complete defense in the NFL on paper to......I sure hope Jahleel Addae makes the tackle cause the last one missed led to their 2nd TD of the day.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Okay. Not sure why you posted here tho. Might have posted it in the End Zone Lounge maybe.
              Dont know how it got here. I responded to somebody and there isnt a quote with what i said. Good ol mobile fails again here.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                I’ve been thinking about the Chargers defense that is supposedly strong at stopping the deep ball/big plays. They supposedly do this by playing primarily 3 deep zone defenses.

Whenever I play my friend in Madden football, I primarily play 3 deep zone defenses and sometimes cover 2. Since the computer controls each defender, they tend do do what they are supposed(programmed) to do. I play the Chargers and my friend plays his team, the 49ers. It is interesting that he can usually run and dink me to death, but eventually he gets impatient and tries to throw deeper or ids forced to throw deeper and I usually pick him off….. so without human intervention, a 3 deep zone pretty much prevents the big play… lol

From that, I assume that Bradley’s 3 deep zone schemes are also designed to take away the big play. Most of the Media experts also seem to say that.

In every game this season, it seems like our opponents can throw deep successfully every time they really need it...... and it leads to the winning score (Burrow threw 2 deep balls to completely wide open receivers….. one was off target and the other was dropped, but if either was caught they would have won).

Does that happen because Bradley changes the defense in crunch time? Or do we just lack the proper personal or deep speed? Or does this just happen later in games because our defense is gassed???.... or is it just impossible to actually stop an accurate deep ball in the NFL today???

They’re probably gassed. But given that it’s an offensive league, it was probably inevitable at some point. So the last two points you mentioned.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  #4 Defense in the league.

#30 Offense in the league.

This should have been a fire Steichen poll.
                  We definitely have to improve scoring on O.
                  Turnovers, penalties, and a few missed opportunities have hindered us.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

If we don't start scoring this week Lynn will use it as a reason to go back to Tyrod. Even if it's not Herberts fault.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

That's what I've been saying. Overall sloppy playing is a red flag on coaching.

Starting to think of what would our best case scenario be at HC and OC. I would take Eric Bieniemy as our OC any day. Maybe even HC.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

If we don't start scoring this week Lynn will use it as a reason to go back to Tyrod. Even if it's not Herberts fault.
                        Would be horrible.

Id say if we continue losing AND JH averages 1 or more turnovers a game he’ll be riding pine.
                        and I don’t know if id necessary blame Lynn at that point because he’s trying to survive the hotseat with wins now, not necessarily interested in developing the future qb, which is my interest as a fan.

If JH wants to keep his job he has to take on that mindset of putting Lynn in a position where he couldn’t justify going back to TT
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• jubei
                          Vagabond Ninja
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

lynn's reasoning would be we can be just as bad on O with TT as we are with JH...so let the vet take the reigns back because he lost the position to no doing of his own...gotta be fair about everything...cant be seen as a non-BLMer.

Comment

Working...
                          X