Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
    First fire should be SS. Shane the plan Steitchen

Those dudes on D were gassed. Lack of conditioning due to the NFLPA is a killer. Every player looked like they gassed. They can lift weights all day long. But if you have no stamina from proper conditioning you're screwed.
    Just watched the Highlight film and I can't really blame anyone except for the oline and the offensive play calling for short yardage plays that failed. If we converted 3 out of 4 shart yardage plays it would have been a more lopsided victory for the chargers. We dodged a bullet and Tyrod didn't look as bad as I thought he would. Not flashy but not super incompetent either. Maybe those that saw the game might have a different opinion outside the highlight film.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Just watched the Highlight film and I can't really blame anyone except for the oline and the offensive play calling for short yardage plays that failed. If we converted 3 out of 4 shart yardage plays it would have been a more lopsided victory for the chargers. We dodged a bullet and Tyrod didn't look as bad as I thought he would. Not flashy but not super incompetent either. Maybe those that saw the game might have a different opinion outside the highlight film.

On at least one of those 3rd downs, the Bengals had 9 guys close to the line of scrimmage. They didn't respect Tyrod Taylor.

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Proposition A is not going well. I dislike Bradley as much as anyone, & i even voted no.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
          Proposition A is not going well. I dislike Bradley as much as anyone, & i even voted no.
          It wasn't like we we're blown out by three touchdowns by a rookie QB. This is preseason until after the second game is played for the entire NFL except the chiefs. They're still playing like they're in the playoffs and are sharpening their talons. LOL!
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• FoutsFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Birmingham AL
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Taylor was terrible. He is slow and can't run, he passes scared. Great for no INT but bad for completions. Get ready for a lot of 3 and outs and gassed second half defenses.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

This is intended to be a silly poll, right? You can't really expect any NFL team to fire their defensive coordinator after one game? What kind of team does that?

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• electricgold
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2020
                • Send PM

IF the Chargers don't have a winning season it is time to fire everyone. What we will all for sure learn this season is IF Coach Lynn & the PLAYERS are actually on the same page...?

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Taylor was terrible. He is slow and can't run, he passes scared. Great for no INT but bad for completions. Get ready for a lot of 3 and outs and gassed second half defenses.
                  Good point. So, at least some of the blame for our end of game D issues, is due to Taylor and the failure to sustain extended drives to give our D some rest.

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

This is classic Tyrod. Sure the defense played bad, it had a offense and quarterback who couldn’t sustain long drives and gassed hard. We can beat rookie QBs that way, we can’t hang with the big dogs like that.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                      This is classic Tyrod. Sure the defense played bad, it had a offense and quarterback who couldn’t sustain long drives and gassed hard. We can beat rookie QBs that way, we can’t hang with the big dogs like that.
                      We might get our doors blown out against K.C..

Watching Tyrod throw a 3rd down pass safely away late in the 3rd, down 31 - 7, might be the classic Tyrod experience we all fear.

Comment

• bartman83642
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post
                        Yeah, and it took a missed FG to win that game which doesn't bode well. Hopefully the offense can gel and improve.

Comment

• Budsman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

Yeah, and it took a missed FG to win that game which doesn't bode well. Hopefully the offense can gel and improve.
                          Imho, you start Herbert. We’re destined for middle of the road results with Tyrod. We know what we’re getting with him, he’s not turning into drew brees at this point. We’re getting an 8-8 9-7 record based on our defense with a 16-18 pick. If you start Herbert you get a top ten pick and valuable experience for your Franchise Qb. Sure he will make mistakes, but he could flash and then we know what we have and every game is a win because he gets better.

But Tyrod has dirt on Lynn so he’s going to start until next season because Lynn loves his boring mobile quarterbacks.

Comment

Working...
                          X