Chiefs @ Chargers Game Day Thread (Wk 2)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Sorry. I thought he called a great game for the most part. Put the kid in Good situations. ate up the clock. The last third down inside the ,5 Herbert turned the wrong way thus ruining the play fake to freeze anyone
    Of course, Herbert needs to turn the right way, but that 3rd down play call was what needed to be called on first down.

Comment

• Budsman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Yes I am. Being gassed is no excuse. Of course they were a big help but when it mattered most they went invisible or in Bosa's case kept jumping off side. Moral victories don't mean squat, we're 1-1 when we should be 2-0
      Actually they do, when you are supposed to lose because youre team isnt as good as them. You prove that you arfe and youre young QB makes some mistakes but learns and gets better for next time. So they mean something. I mean we got rid of Rivers so we could get a young mobile QB, did we think he would be perfect? Of course not so we are growing toewards the goal of having a top level QB, that happens through mistakes and learning.

The Dline played great and still got pressure on Mahomes late, the Cheifs just game planned it better and our offense didnt sustain long drives to help keep the d off the field. Oh and there are good excuses for being gassed, they had no preseason to get into game shape, this is essentially preseason. Its not just the chargers, and frankly I think they did great until they were left on the field for a long time in which case they did fine.

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post

But I was told repeatedly that Tyrod taking care of the ball would fix everything that went wrong last year. Hmm, weird. I wonder who Lynn goes with next week.
        You were lied to.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

I hope im wrong, but from Lynn's presser, sounds like Lynn still wants to go back to Taylor..... that one Herbert pick was enough to offset all of the great things Herbert did today........ Lynn really hates turnovers.....

Comment

• bolthead123
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • San Diego
            • I work in IT.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Nah. Those secrets don't keep in this day and age. 0 reports he was getting first team practice reps.
            *adjust tinfoil hat*

Well, maybe you are right..hmmm

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

Of course, Herbert needs to turn the right way, but that 3rd down play call was what needed to be called on first down.
              Maybe second down. We had been mauling them up front . I would have challenged the edge once in the first two plays.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by bolthead123 View Post

He will drag it out as long as possible. Personally, i think he planned to go with Herbert earlier this week, but decided to spring a surprise on KC -- which almost worked, their defense looked a bit flat footed out there today.
                Maybe. Taylor wasn't on the Injury list for 'Chest', and was bad enough for Herbert to start. If I were betting on the Chiefs, I would be really pissed, as Herbert looked like he was ready to start.

Did Lynn commit to JH yet?

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I was surprised with how well Herbert played in his first ever game.n He made a mistake not to run for that first down but later, in a similar situation he ran for the first. I think her learned from that mistake. Credit to the new OL coach?

The pass rush is solid but they have to quit jumping offside! We do miss James! He could have made a difference in this game.

Our young OL did a good job. Credit too our new OL coach? I am shocked at how well Feeney plays at Center, he sure can run block and he did a decent job at pass blocking. Looks like Lamp is finally playing as we expected when he was drafted.
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Oh shit

Comment

• AFCWEST
                      Registered Chiefs Fan
                      • Dec 2018
                      • Send PM

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Called it.

Lynn needs to be fired after this season. In the meantime, TT needs to grow a pair and override him.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Great debut by Herbert!
                          Our ground game will be a consistent 125+ YPG.
                          Campen is a WIZARD!
                          AL has big balls and isn’t afraid to flex them!

Our D is going to keep us in most every game.
                          Kyzir and MDavis had excellent games.
                          GusD generated pressure/was not timid all game.
                          2020 Tillery is a beast!

We were the more physical team which is an impressive factor moving forward!
                          We have a physical run game that will continue to improve.
                          Our team speed on DEFENSE is a major factor to success.

Turnover margin again is the tell tale sign for NFL victories.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X