Panthers @ Chargers Game Day Thread (Wk 3)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by AFCWEST View Post

Lynn should be gone next year so a new system will be in place. Why not find out what the kid does best and hire a coach to develop a system around his talent?
    Look what Burrow is doing with that awful Cinn roster. Sitting Burrow for a year would be a waste. At least Herbert has talent in place.
    Maybe we will hire Eric Bieniemy?
    We have some ties.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• AFboltfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2018
      • Balboa Park bench
      • Medical Simulation
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Quits everywhere he goes after a few seasons.
      Wow seriously? Look at his record...

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by AFboltfan View Post

Wow seriously? Look at his record...
        Hmm didn't realize he was at Ohio State that long. Thought he announced he was retiring when he left Florida for medical reasons and he quit Ohio State but again didn't realize he was there that long.
        Time flies.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

A young franchise qb tends to raise interest in prospective coaches.

If Lynn is the right coach for Herbert,......?

Just for fun, i'd like to see Lynn rehired, and then have Lynn announce that there will be a qb competition for the starting job in training camp.
          Oh, boy, loads of fun that would be...and for even more fun, how about extending Lynn another three years or so...

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
            If Lynn goes, does Telesco get a 3rd headcoach?
            there arent any obvious upgrades for Head Coach imo
            any suggestions?
            Eric Bieniemy would be #1 on my list. Hurt a rival, great offensive mind, and has a reputation for preparation.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Eric Bieniemy would be #1 on my list. Hurt a rival, great offensive mind, and has a reputation for preparation.
              Ya I remember you mentioned him a while back
              solid candidate for several reasons
              P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
              P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
              P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
              P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Lynn’s comments about Herbert were fine. I think people in the media and on here overreacted badly because he didn’t praise him as much after a loss. And he shouldn’t. Kid needs to continue to see that he needs a lot of work.
                I agree. I went back several times to review comments Lynn made after the KC game and I am still scratching my head on this one. Just as you said, the Chargers loss and Herbert still needs a lot of work, so there was no need for celebration..

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
                  I agree. I went back several times to review comments Lynn made after the KC game and I am still scratching my head on this one. Just as you said, the Chargers loss and Herbert still needs a lot of work, so there was no need for celebration..
                  It just sounded worse out of context.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I think KC would find someone to replace him, Reid always seems to have someone else waiting in the wings.

That being said, I think Bienemy would be a good fit. He has worked in a lot of different offenses, so he isn't just a scheme guy. I think he would tweek an offense to better take advantage of the guys we have. I also think he is pretty good at helping young players develop and getting inside their heads.

The down side is that to most NFL owners they just see the "little fat guy" and probably don't see him as a NFL HC type.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Oh, boy, loads of fun that would be...and for even more fun, how about extending Lynn another three years or so...
                      Only if he can convince George Steward to coach another 3 years.

Comment

• Ghetty
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                        No matter where they move, what colors change on their uniforms, who they draft or who they hire. They will always be the same ‘ol Chargers! I’ve been supportive of this team since 1961, been through 2 0-11 starts, 2 losses to the only no win teams in a season, had the #1 offense AND the #1 defense in the same year, AND MISSED THE FREAKIN PLAYOFFS!! HOW DO YOU EVEN ATTEMPT TO PULL THAT OFF??!! This team is cursed folks... They‘ve had the WORSE ju-ju put on them, cursed to never fully succeed, never failing to fail no matter what the odds... My heart goes out to Justin Herbert. I thought he was one of the best College QBs to come out of the draft! I had a feeling he was going to make an immediate impact wherever he went! Well....right up to the point the Chargers drafted him... now the poor lad has just had his wonderful career just pissed away cuz he was doomed to be drafted a Charger... I absolutely hated Eli Manning when he refused to play for the Chargers! Now in my golden years, I can clearly see through the muck and mire and tell you Eli was definitely on to something! He saw back then what I hadn’t the previous 40, that the Chargers are CURSED! As long as a Spanos owns them, they will never amount to anything but a stop to “Shady Acres Retirement Home” to any NFL Player. A place to come relax until you get shipped off to a real team, with a real chance! Take it from me folks, as a Chargers fan until they bailed on my city, taking with them my season tickets that we’ve had in the family since 1961, don’t waste your time or money on this team, they’ll just rip your heart out of your chest, and stomp on it until it’s just a red spot on the pavement....
                        Ok Fred, maybe let’s sit this one out.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghetty View Post

Ok Fred, maybe let’s sit this one out.
                          The chiefs we're also cursed for 50 years to until last year.
                          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X