• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltUp InLA
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not sure I follow that logic Cat.... AL had our squad confident and not backing down to the hype when facing KC, and ditto for Tampa and Brady.... really seems that Lynn believes in his coaching staff and most all of his players.

how many peoples (media folks/oddsmakers) had us favored in m/any of those games ?? recall a poster here calling me the "most optimistic fan ever" for suggesting a 20-15 win, as most anyone here had no expectation of a win against Mahomes, albeit now apparently AL is the unforgiven for not pulling the proverbial David outta the Goliath hat ??

yeah they were heartbreakers, and Xmas has come early w/the breakout play of Herbert, but don't think AL is responsible for what the some of you are referring to as the Titanic here.

we are completely in the mix w/two teams that are pretty darn good, and.... Burrow's offense ain't no pushover, and ditto for Joe Brady and Bridgewater.
    I agree!! This young Chargers team play hard and they compete, while dealing with a plethora of injuries. Also, I have followed Herbert for a couple of years now and I think he has grown quite a bit under this coaching staff, which I have a tough time believing is only coincidental.

Comment

• JustAnotherFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Currently, after the Bucks game, Herbert has a season QBR of 73.6, good for 12th best in the league.
      The next best rookie is Burrow at 53.6 good for 24th best in the league.

Herbert is a full 20 QBR points ahead of Burrow.

73.6 is INSANE for a rookie.

Ok, its only 3 games, but still, Herbert has been playing really well, amazingly well for a rookie.

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

That 60+ yard throw was a thing of beauty. No more noodle arm.

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
          Even though we lost, remember this is still a team with the GOAT, Tom Brady, and Gronk, no less, on the winning side. I was hoping for a win, but not really expecting one. The key momentum changer was that botched handoff from Herbie to Kelley, resulting in a fumble and then a Buc TD, right before the half. In spite of the loss, I still see a bright future for Justin Herbert. No WAY Tyrod throws those two TD bombs to Guyton and Johnson. Those two plays alone were things of beauty. Herbert also showed some very nice touch on several screen passes. His accuracy was amazingly pinpoint on the TD to Parham and that one sideline pass to KA. I see some very impressive improvement by Herbie. All the kid needs are more reps, more practice handing off, etc., and I think the wins will come. Keep the kid in the lineup, Lynn! Even with the rook miscues, he still gives us our best chance to win!
          I agree with 99% of what you have said here. My only minor quibble is that whatever you think Brady's historical significance may be, he is not a top level QB now and has not been for the two seasons before this season. Gronk is just a guy these days too. Sunday's game was definitely our bad pass defense and not due to some sort of great and unstoppable play from Brady or Gronk.

Herbert's play is very encouraging. There are some mistakes, but in game reps should help him to iron those out over time. Barring us having the golden ticket in next year's draft which is unlikely when the decayed remains of the Jets are still playing football, I cannot wait to see the finished Herbert. I always thought he was the best of this year's QB class, but I questioned if he was worth the 6th overall pick and based upon the early returns, it looks like there is a pretty good chance that I will end up being wrong about that. And, in that case, it is great to be wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
            This ex-QB has some nice video breakdowns of QB play...this one is of Herbert vs TB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SSSN3HcvQI
            That was a fantastic analysis of the big plays good and bad from Herbert last Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not sure I follow that logic Cat.... AL had our squad confident and not backing down to the hype when facing KC, and ditto for Tampa and Brady.... really seems that Lynn believes in his coaching staff and most all of his players.

how many peoples (media folks/oddsmakers) had us favored in m/any of those games ?? recall a poster here calling me the "most optimistic fan ever" for suggesting a 20-15 win, as most anyone here had no expectation of a win against Mahomes, albeit now apparently AL is the unforgiven for not pulling the proverbial David outta the Goliath hat ??

yeah they were heartbreakers, and Xmas has come early w/the breakout play of Herbert, but don't think AL is responsible for what the some of you are referring to as the Titanic here.

we are completely in the mix w/two teams that are pretty darn good, and.... Burrow's offense ain't no pushover, and ditto for Joe Brady and Bridgewater.
              Did you think it was logical to get rid of McCoy? Lynn is producing essentially the same results assuming we end up with a losing record this season--2 winning seasons with one playoff appearance and one playoff win followed by two losing seasons. IMO, Lynn has had more talent to work with than McCoy did as well.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

To Lynn’s credit, he has yet to burry his head like an ostrich during a nationally televised game like McCoy did one color rush Thursday evening.
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Silversurfer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Los Angeles
                  • Send PM

Who are the guys on this team that supposedly run 4.3 40's? They need to install a WR package with a WR streak where they just run there ass of and Herbert launches it. Just need to block for him for 4 seconds.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                    Who are the guys on this team that supposedly run 4.3 40's? They need to install a WR package with a WR streak where they just run there ass of and Herbert launches it. Just need to block for him for 4 seconds.
                    Jalen Guyton and Tyron Johnson, both about 4.36 speed.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

I think it's awesome that Herbert has hit Guyton, Johnson, and Parham for their 1st NFL TD's.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Los Angeles
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Jalen Guyton and Tyron Johnson, both about 4.36 speed.
                        Nice! Seems like we have never had speed at the WR position. Good to see that those guys can catch as well.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                          The first long, 53 yard TD, was just a vertical angle route. Johnson simply ran as fast as he can.

The 75 yard TD to Guyton was a vertical seem route. Jalen made an outstanding release at the LOS and then just pure speed.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X