• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Maybe, but we should be aiming for best available right?
    we all have our preferences but I hope we at least bring everyone in
    When we hired Lynn, we left some candidates hanging I believe, or vice versa.
    just want to give us best chance at picking the right guy, I’m sure we all do
    I don't want either of them, just pointing out that the two coaches already fired are better than our coach.

Herbert will be VERY enticing for a head coach.

Comment

• ecfraz22
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Charlotte, NC
      • Send PM

I think any proper evaluation needs the season to play out. Everyone clearly sees how well Herbert is playing. Even critics of him coming out of college see his improvement. A good bit of that credit has to go to coaching as well as Justin's work. He has been put in positions to succeed. Yet consistently blowing big leads does indicate an inability of our coaches to make the necessary adjustments that our opponents are making. We get the bye week, get healthy, and Lynn really needs to self evaluate. The defense looks lost. Litt!e pass rush and the backend is allowing guys to run free way too often. That has to get fixed. We put a two game win streak together before the showdown with the Raiders. Looking at schedule, 7-4 is very doable, if we can catch a break in our favor then maybe 8-3 outside a shot at playoff run. If Lynn does that then more than likely he corrected a lot of the issues. If he doesn't correct them then the record will speak for itself and it may be time to move on. I'm all in ...For now

Comment

• AZBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

We see things VERY differently. I don't want to waste the second year of Herbert's career playing for a clown like Lynn. Remember, if Taylor hadn't gotten his lung punctured he would be our QB and we'd still be 1-4. The only different is we'd likely have lost the games by more than 1 score because Taylor couldn't possibly make some of the throws that Herbert has done. Lynn evidently had zero idea what he had in Herbert and went out of his way to make sure everyone knew it for the first couple of weeks. Than he actually had to think about it for a night before benching Taylor? Really?

Lynn's teams are soft, underachieving, and play with low IQs. He is stubbornly loyal to coaches like Stewart because he is his long time buddy - how many times does our ST have to screw up before he is let go? Lynn had no problem canning Wiz for lack of performance. The game plans are dull, unimaginative and the in game adjustments are non-existent. Compare that with what other teams do to us for how it should be done.

I have no idea how you can look at Lynn and thing he is a very good HC. We have now lost 15 of our last 21 games. We have lost 7 straight division games and are 7-12 in the division under him. We have lost 13 of our last 15 one score games. We have blown 17 point leads in back to back weeks and double digit second half leads in 3 of our last 4 games. We are trending downward. We are poorly coached. We can do better. Much better.
        I AGREE ABOVE.

If Lynn doesn't turn it around this year, he needs to go.....and Chargers need to take their tIme replacing him and finally get it right......It's a desirable HC job, young franchise QB, good talent, America's finest city just south.......should be able to attract a good HC and staff.......and please, get a new strength and conditioning staff, the extraordinarily high injury rate the last several years just can't be a coincidence, geeeez.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Horrible choices, yet both are better than Lynn...
          If we hire Quinn and especially O'Brien, I'm done with this team and I'll wait for Spanos to sell the team to come back.
          That is our biggest problem.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I don't want either of them, just pointing out that the two coaches already fired are better than our coach.

Herbert will be VERY enticing for a head coach.
            Disagree. Both those guys suck worse.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

So up 20-3 and they give up points before the half

offense I read ran the ball 18 of 20 times on first down when the OL was not giving anything for the RBs

defense, if i recall, goes to a 3 man rush on that big pass play on 3rd and long for the TD

on the opening play with 47 seconds - they get a whopping three yards and waste a timeout for three friggin yards

Lynn is a terrible game day coach

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Don't worry, Lynn will blame Bradley by season's end and replace him with a position coach. Then everything will be all better for Lynn...for real this time!

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Stitch’s Norv influence shows
                  when Norv was here, we had GREAT game plans
                  that worked out beautifully
                  for a half
                  then we would get punched in the mouth

A legitimate HC needs to have the ability to
                  SEE the game, and respond in real time to not just
                  whats happening, but how things are happening
                  and they HAVE to have an answer (adjustment) even if it’s not an ideal answer.
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

We had double digit leads in all 3 games and were outcoached in the second half all three times. Under Lynn, we are 3-13 in one score games over the past two seasons. In games where coaching might make the difference, we are terrible.

The team did not have subpar talent in 2017. They had 6 Pro Bowlers plus Ekeler, Gordon and Tyrell Williams.

By contrast, the 2013 team had two Pro Bowlers (Rivers and Weddle).

Right now, these are same kinds of results that McCoy was getting that led him to be fired. Why should Lynn be treated better than McCoy?
                    Lynn should not be treated better than McCoy.
                    He should be treated for how well the Front Office thinks he performed this season and how he is developing the players. If they view it that he needs to go, okay. If they think he deserves another year. Okay.
                    If he gets a 5th year, it doesn't mean he was treated better than McCoy, but you can certainly make the case. I would just disagree with you.

Its a QB driven league.
                    McCoy should have done much more with Rivers still in his prime.

I'm not completely against a change. I just think it is way too soon. Herbert is playing better than many thought, credit the kid and staff.

Its been said Teams that win stay healthy and interested. Lynn keeps them interested. The health is an issue right now.

Rivers lost tons of one score games. I think he has the most of any QB so you can include McCoy & Norv in all those one score losses too.

QB Driven League. Herbert drove vs Carolina and his teamates dropped the win on the ground. He drove vs Saints and Badgely choked a game winning FG.

So I see Lynn & Herbert giving the others on the team an opportunity to win each game. My expectation is they will figure it out. But if they don't, eventually you will get your wish and Lynn will be gone.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Can we get a poll on who we want as the next HC?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
                        Can we get a poll on who we want as the next HC?
                        Jim Caldwell is my choice
                        it will never happen but he is my choice.

If we have to go with a newby - of course Eric Bieniemy jumps to the head of the line

David Shaw would be a good choice

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I don't simplify it to that level. Doesn't make sense to disregard regualr season completely when assessing how well a team did that season. Following that loguc every HC should be fired except Superbowl Champ.

And your assessment of McCoy roster. Hall of fame QB in their prime along with a hall of fame TE is already a good start to a roster. Lets keep going Weddle, Ingram. Shall I continue with all of the horroble roster Keenan Allen, Danny Woodhead, Melvin Gordon, Malcom Floyd. Patrick Robinson he played into tonights game with Saints. Brandon Flower pro corner. Perryman. Adrian Philips.

wasn't like McCoy had nothing to work with

leta just see how it goes. You may be right.

Lynn isn't able to get it done and geta fired and then we have to see who is next ...can they do it.

id rather stick with Lynn at this point. Give the man more time to work.

Gates was a shell of himself by 2015 (McCoy's last two seasons). You talk about injuries, and why that should be a mitigating factor for Lynn, but all those guys you mentioned were injured, spent or on the practice squad for a reason during McCoy's last two years.

Patrick Robinson was solid.

Lynn needs to win.
                          They have some winnable games coming up. How motivating will this leader of men be when players are questioning to themselves his judgement?

Comment

Working...
                          X