• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

That's my choice... Jim Harbaugh. That's exactly what we need.

Its 2001 all over again, we have a lost coach... and we need a HC hire to get our attention again and restore our faith in this organization.
    Harbaugh could be excellent here in LA with Herbert. This coach knows how to win with this sort of QB... Harbaugh & Herbert in 21 if Coach Lynn can't get it together.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Drew Brees was 1-48 in games in which he trailed by 17 points before last night. No Charger QB in history has ever passed for 4 TDs and 0 interceptions and lost the game...until last night.

Ladies and Gentlemen - you Anthony Lynn coached team.

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

This coaching staff is in need of an enema.

Comment

• Silversurfer
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Los Angeles
          • Send PM

Can the Chargers get him a coach.

Comment

• bartman83642
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post
            Lynn isn't going anywhere. He's a leader of men.
            That is all fine and dandy but at this point he is leading the men on the other teams to victory.

Comment

• Chargerville
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Can the Chargers get him a coach.
              That’s spot on

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                Drew Brees was 1-48 in games in which he trailed by 17 points before last night. No Charger QB in history has ever passed for 4 TDs and 0 interceptions and lost the game...until last night.

Ladies and Gentlemen - you Anthony Lynn coached team.

Kid led Mahommes, Brees, and Brady by halftime. Statistically you should have at least a 51% chance of winning the game.

Comment

• AZBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I just don't buy into this. Football is a demolition derby for humans. It's not IF you get hurt, it's WHEN. 100% probability. To me, blaming the S&C coach for a player getting injured is equal to being T-boned at a red light & blaming the guy who built the car.
                  The Chargers injury rate the last 5 years is double that of other teams, it's at off the chart levels for years, which is NOT a small sample.....Geeeez are team doctor punctured Taylor's lung administering a shot......Chargers have lost almost half their starters in 4 games......somethings not right in S & C world, the rest of the league don't consistently have this level of injuries.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Birmingham AL
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

The Chargers injury rate the last 5 years is double that of other teams, it's at off the chart levels for years, which is NOT a small sample.....Geeeez are team doctor punctured Taylor's lung administering a shot......Chargers have lost almost half their starters in 4 games......somethings not right in S & C world, the rest of the league don't consistently have this level of injuries.
                    So what you are saying is he should be team MVP for this season? If not for him Lynn does not move on Herbert and Taylor is getting blown out in these games big time.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

So what you are saying is he should be team MVP for this season? If not for him Lynn does not move on Herbert and Taylor is getting blown out in these games big time.
                      Chargers should be negotiating a $10m payment to Tyrod with him right now. But Herbert needs to play

As for the Chargers coaches - how is that they last three have failed so miserably in preparing teams and special teams. Spaznos!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SoDak
                        • Technology Director
                        • Send PM

First off, I will start by saying I have been a Coach Lynn apologist. I've supported him through last season, and I really enjoyed seeing a bit more of him on Hard Knocks.

But I am losing faith...rapidly.

Seeing what Matt Rhule is doing in Carolina with a MUCH less talented team, Teddy at QB, and without their top weapon is a wake up call. (and I KNEW he would be a good NFL HC)

A couple people mentioned the halftime adjustments... we don't make any.

Reminds me actually of the McCoy era...great gameplanning...good start to the game, no way to adjust.

I understand the running plays...I don't like it, but I understand it. Trying to keep the balance. Trying to keep the defense off guard. But they are so predictable. You aren't keeping the defense off guard, when they know you are going to run every first down.

I don't know if that's Steich...or if Lynn has input on it, but it's hurting the team. Pep Hamilton has done a good job with Justin... may be time for him to call plays again.

I'm scratching my head with the Offensive Line...we traded for 1 starter, FA signed another, and Pouncey was supposed to start...and we have lost 3 of them.
                        Feeny, Lamp, and Tevi were all drafted.
                        We have brought in a good Offensive Line coach. Honestly, I don't think it's the talent, it's the injuries. Like who was that Notre Dame lineman we drafted a few years back, never missed a game in college, and got injured immediately in Bolts. A little health and continuity will make a world of difference. Notice we had Storm in at LT end of the game last night.

The Defense looks great for a half, and then terrible... what is up with that? Gus Bradley? You need to be able to make adjustments as well. And you suck at it.

The Special Teams mistakes are glaring. If we don't miss a FG, we commit a penalty. Or we commit a penalty trying to block a kick. If we actually have a Decent ST return, there's always a flag. Those Kickoff returns out of the end zone last night, to get to the 15 were horrible.

Josh McCown was just on McAfee, praising Herbert as well. He's legit good, guys.
                        We can't waste him, like we did Phil.

I'm not against David Shaw.
                        I'm not against Bienemy.
                        I'm not against Greg Roman
                        I'm not against Dave Toub, the Special Teams guy from KC.

And whoever comes in... they get to clean house... all new everything. Let's build this from the ground up.

I'm not against letting AL finish the year, unless we fall to like 1-10 or something. But things are spiraling fast.
                        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                          First off, I will start by saying I have been a Coach Lynn apologist. I've supported him through last season, and I really enjoyed seeing a bit more of him on Hard Knocks.

But I am losing faith...rapidly.

Seeing what Matt Rhule is doing in Carolina with a MUCH less talented team, Teddy at QB, and without their top weapon is a wake up call. (and I KNEW he would be a good NFL HC)

A couple people mentioned the halftime adjustments... we don't make any.

Reminds me actually of the McCoy era...great gameplanning...good start to the game, no way to adjust.

I understand the running plays...I don't like it, but I understand it. Trying to keep the balance. Trying to keep the defense off guard. But they are so predictable. You aren't keeping the defense off guard, when they know you are going to run every first down.

I don't know if that's Steich...or if Lynn has input on it, but it's hurting the team. Pep Hamilton has done a good job with Justin... may be time for him to call plays again.

I'm scratching my head with the Offensive Line...we traded for 1 starter, FA signed another, and Pouncey was supposed to start...and we have lost 3 of them.
                          Feeny, Lamp, and Tevi were all drafted.
                          We have brought in a good Offensive Line coach. Honestly, I don't think it's the talent, it's the injuries. Like who was that Notre Dame lineman we drafted a few years back, never missed a game in college, and got injured immediately in Bolts. A little health and continuity will make a world of difference. Notice we had Storm in at LT end of the game last night.

The Defense looks great for a half, and then terrible... what is up with that? Gus Bradley? You need to be able to make adjustments as well. And you suck at it.

The Special Teams mistakes are glaring. If we don't miss a FG, we commit a penalty. Or we commit a penalty trying to block a kick. If we actually have a Decent ST return, there's always a flag. Those Kickoff returns out of the end zone last night, to get to the 15 were horrible.

Josh McCown was just on McAfee, praising Herbert as well. He's legit good, guys.
                          We can't waste him, like we did Phil.

I'm not against David Shaw.
                          I'm not against Bienemy.
                          I'm not against Greg Roman
                          I'm not against Dave Toub, the Special Teams guy from KC.

And whoever comes in... they get to clean house... all new everything. Let's build this from the ground up.

I'm not against letting AL finish the year, unless we fall to like 1-10 or something. But things are spiraling fast.
                          The thing is - I am not sure they need to clean house. The defense has some pieces in place - the key is can Derwin James stay health
                          The offense has some pieces in place - but need a more consistent durable OL

I like the idea of Dave TOub - in fact, the last time, after Mike Smith, he was my second choice. (I never wanted Patricia) - McDermott would have been solid

But how many damn years does special teams suck. I like the Toub Idea - a lot! Who is his mentor - Big Andy! Enough for me

Comment

Working...
                          X