Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The thing is - I am not sure they need to clean house. The defense has some pieces in place - the key is can Derwin James stay health
    The offense has some pieces in place - but need a more consistent durable OL

I like the idea of Dave TOub - in fact, the last time, after Mike Smith, he was my second choice. (I never wanted Patricia) - McDermott would have been solid

But how many damn years does special teams suck. I like the Toub Idea - a lot! Who is his mentor - Big Andy! Enough for me
    I meant clean house, coaching staff wise. New coach bring in an all new staff.

The team has all kinds of talent.

I'm with you 100, my man.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• SuperCharged
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2019
      • Utah
      • Midnight Toker
      • Send PM

Cowherd flaming Lynn. Not a Cowherd fan but he's spot on with his assessment of Herbert and the Chargers.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

The Defense looks great for a half, and then terrible... what is up with that? Gus Bradley? You need to be able to make adjustments as well. And you suck at it.
        It isn't just the adjustments or play-calling. It's also the roster Bradley, and Lynn, is okaying.

Do you believe the saying 'you cannot have enough pass rushers' is a myth? After Bosa, Ingram, Tillery, and Nwosu, what pass rushers on the defensive front do you have? Because this is what's getting the team. If more people acknowledge and understand this, then we'll go somewhere.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

I meant clean house, coaching staff wise. New coach bring in an all new staff.

The team has all kinds of talent.

I'm with you 100, my man.
          Oh yes, gotcha ! For sure. The team has talent and with better coaching - ... I am done with Telesco too. He has made two coaching hires. What guy is Marty Schottenheimer

Like who called a run to have to take a timeout. Three yards. That timeout might have been useful with 8 seconds to get closer for "Not So Money Badgeley"

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

... I am done with Telesco too. He has made two coaching hires.
            Really? Herbert, Murray, Kelly? You think those are bad picks? I think his drafts alone are enough to keep him as GM. He's done better at GM than any other Charger GM maybe ever.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

Really? Herbert, Murray, Kelly? You think those are bad picks? I think his drafts alone are enough to keep him as GM. He's done better at GM than any other Charger GM maybe ever.
              I agree... TT is putting talent out there. And he's brought in Offensive linemen too. They haven't paid off. But he's tried.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Can the Chargers get him a coach.
                The answer is....... probably. Spanos is cheap with coaches and they will screw it up. Time to sell the team. This franchise won't change under their direction.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

I agree... TT is putting talent out there. And he's brought in Offensive linemen too. They haven't paid off. But he's tried.
                  My point -- if he has to pick a third head coach - he is not the right person picking head coaches.

As for the OL - he has tried but he has failed

I don't see him as being that great that he should keep his job. Plus, if he fires Lynn, I swear, he will hire Brian Kelly

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

My point -- if he has to pick a third head coach - he is not the right person picking head coaches.

As for the OL - he has tried but he has failed

I don't see him as being that great that he should keep his job. Plus, if he fires Lynn, I swear, he will hire Brian Kelly
                    Agree 1000% Screw settling for mediocrity over and over.Get a GM that understands Trenches and their massive importance and then shitcan this inept coaching staff.This team and especially Herbert are too good for these coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Horrible choices for many reasons
                      but none more than the fact that we will likely be the most desirable HC job because of Herbert and draft capital and positioning
                      hiring either of those clowns would be a huge wasted opportunity
                      We need due diligence
                      I know they are horrible choices. That is why I named them--to point out that even they are better than Lynn (albeit not by much)..

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Agree 1000% Screw settling for mediocrity over and over.Get a GM that understands Trenches and their massive importance and then shitcan this inept coaching staff.This team and especially Herbert are too good for these coaches.
                        If he has to keep trying to build an OLine - he doesn't know what he is doing. Chris Ballard - I don't think drafted Ryan Kelly but he did draft Nelson (yes, Nelson fell to him at 6) and the other guy from Auburn at the top of the 2nd round. Some are better than others.

Telesco has put some nice pieces together but end of the day, its a pretty easy business to tell success: Wins >>> Losses.

One other ding against Telesco - Alohi Gilman - hello, bueller - is the kid even playing? Another over-rated Notre Dame player is my guess.

Comment

• Biggestfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

It isn't just the adjustments or play-calling. It's also the roster Bradley, and Lynn, is okaying.

Do you believe the saying 'you cannot have enough pass rushers' is a myth? After Bosa, Ingram, Tillery, and Nwosu, what pass rushers on the defensive front do you have? Because this is what's getting the team. If more people acknowledge and understand this, then we'll go somewhere.
                          Totally agree. You need pass rushers more than ever in this era. All the top teams have solid pass rush depth. Bringing absolutely no pass rush help this offessaon was foolish. And I said this in another thread, move Tillery outside and sign a DT from somewhere or trade this defensive line rotation stinks. One of the major reasons the Chargers lost yesterday and last Sunday was the inability to pressure the opposing quarterback.

Comment

Working...
                          X