• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

considering NOBODY predicted how well he would play, I credit Lynn and all the coaches. They see what we dont.
    I really liked the guy in college. Many here did. Has value as a kick returner to.

Why did he fail with two teams so quickly?

Comment

• KrazyLegs
      Registered Dude
      • Sep 2018
      • Westminster, MA
      • Send PM

the whole negativity surrounding this forum bothers me.

People need to understand we are not that good. Look for silver linings in this dark cloud.

Maybe i need a break from all this or find a forum where people have different attitudes.
      LOL..go take a tour of opposing boards or Reddit. They are all this negative — probably moreso.

I live in MA and half of the Patriots fans I know are on suicide watch up here. And they've won 6 SBs.

The Chargers haven't won shit since they were in the AFL. Their only company in terms of sheer long-term incompetence is the Bengals and Browns.

Maybe Chargers fans have a right to feel fatalistic about their team...just a thought.

Comment

• Budsman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

People need to understand we are not that good. Look for silver linings in this dark cloud.

Maybe i need a break from all this or find a forum where people have different attitudes.
        You have the right to think what you want about the team and others have their right. If you want a group of level headed, unemotional fans go go watch golfing. If you don’t like passionate, emotional and somewhat mercurial fans then football message boards and or football fans in general may not be your cup of tea.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

I think people are negative because of the slowness in Lynn to recognize and change things as needed on a weekly basis. I feel he's loathe to change the defensive coordinator because he might not have someone better lined up to take over. He definitely is not an expert on defense otherwise things would be differently. Gus has had a track record of losing and his mindset requires his players have superhuman abilities to cover his mistakes. Other than Joey Bosa and derwin james has bradley ever developed non superstar talent in the last 4 years.

:2cents:
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Berserker76
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I think people are negative because of the slowness in Lynn to recognize and change things as needed on a weekly basis. I feel he's loathe to change the defensive coordinator because he might not have someone better lined up to take over. He definitely is not an expert on defense otherwise things would be differently. Gus has had a track record of losing and his mindset requires his players have superhuman abilities to cover his mistakes. Other than Joey Bosa and derwin james has bradley ever developed non superstar talent in the last 4 years.

:2cents:
            Agree with this. Players aren't really developed under Gus, they are just played. The elite players like Bosa and James don't really need to be developed, they are naturals. I think the same can be said for our Special Teams, sans the elite players.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

I so agree! The negativity bothers me a lot. I understand being unhappy with all these close losses - it bugs me too, but I still find a lot to enjoy.

Over all these years I've been a Charger fan (nearly 60) I've often felt the team wasn't good enough but I've also always seen some great players on the team that made the price of admission well worth those season tickets. So I wonder, why can't people dwell more on what they enjoy about the team?

Maybe it's me - maybe they are correct and I'm wrong BUT - i GET A LOT MORE ENJOYMENT FROM FOOTBALL THAN THEY DO!
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

The whole league is who we thought they were and we are letting them off the hook.

As soon as Bosa and Derwin and Harris are back. We are catching all these fish, nobody gets off the hook once we have all our best fisherman on the boat.
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I so agree! The negativity bothers me a lot. I understand being unhappy with all these close losses - it bugs me too, but I still find a lot to enjoy.

Over all these years I've been a Charger fan (nearly 60) I've often felt the team wasn't good enough but I've also always seen some great players on the team that made the price of admission well worth those season tickets. So I wonder, why can't people dwell more on what they enjoy about the team?

Maybe it's me - maybe they are correct and I'm wrong BUT - i GET A LOT MORE ENJOYMENT FROM FOOTBALL THAN THEY DO!
                  The negativity is because a lot of us are frustrated that we keep losing games we should not lose. If we were simply not as talented as our opponent and got blown out every week by 24 points, that would be a different story. But when we literally give away games because we take our foot off the gas and turtle up on offense, we go passive and soft on D, our head coach is a horrible clock manager and we keep the worst ST coach in the league employed because he is Lynn's buddy. A different coach would not do those things and a lot of us believe we'd win a lot of these games we are giving away. Hell, even if we won 2 of them, we'd be 4-4 and right in the playoff hunt. But we don't and we need to blow out the coaching staff and start over.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Brilliant
                    I see what you did there
                    this is a very negative post disguised as positive
                    And contributes nothing but judgment.
                    I was a moderator here for a 12 years, sport. I've seen all kinds. And you're projecting.

Comment

• BearWithJetpack
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I was a moderator here for a 12 years, sport. I've seen all kinds. And you're projecting.
                      Says the guy smugly contributing nothing but the implication that if you don't kiss management's ass at every turn you're some kind of lesser, "negative" fan. Even this post is leaking with an attitude of superiority. Nobody cares how long you've been moderating, pal. It doesn't make you a better fan because you don't get angry when the Chargers continue their losing slide. Loving something doesn't mean blindly praising it because you care about it so much, it means holding it to account.

And to be honest, you get in to a sports team what you put out. If you don't get upset when they lose, I'm skeptical you ride as high of a high as you can when they win. Persisting here as a Charger's fan despite the pain the team inflicts on you makes you a passionate fan, not a negative one. Boo hoo if you don't like our team with very little worth praising receiving some well deserved criticism.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The negativity is because a lot of us are frustrated that we keep losing games we should not lose. If we were simply not as talented as our opponent and got blown out every week by 24 points, that would be a different story. But when we literally give away games because we take our foot off the gas and turtle up on offense, we go passive and soft on D, our head coach is a horrible clock manager and we keep the worst ST coach in the league employed because he is Lynn's buddy. A different coach would not do those things and a lot of us believe we'd win a lot of these games we are giving away. Hell, even if we won 2 of them, we'd be 4-4 and right in the playoff hunt. But we don't and we need to blow out the coaching staff and start over.
                        Yesterday, Patrick Mahomes was the first NFL QB to 100 TD in 40 games. It reminds me that I was watching Mahomes rookie season and Rich Gannon was the color analyst and the stat was put up that Mahomes had passed Rich Gannon on the all-time Chiefs TD list: in his 8th pro game. Mahomes clearly out-performed his coaching, yet Andy Reid & the Chiefs were able to handle prosperity.

Now let's go to L.A. and see how the Chargers handled it.....

Justin Herbert is out-performing his coaching, and Anthony Lynn & Gus Bradley, & George Stewart are flabbergasted the young QB is exposing their subpar coaching & unsound methods.

1986 San Diego Chargers lost 4 games by 11+ points. (tied 4 other teams)
                        2020 Los Angeles Chargers lost 4 games by 15+ points. (new NFL record)

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post

Says the guy smugly contributing nothing but the implication that if you don't kiss management's ass at every turn you're some kind of lesser, "negative" fan. Even this post is leaking with an attitude of superiority. Nobody cares how long you've been moderating, pal. It doesn't make you a better fan because you don't get angry when the Chargers continue their losing slide. Loving something doesn't mean blindly praising it because you care about it so much, it means holding it to account.

And to be honest, you get in to a sports team what you put out. If you don't get upset when they lose, I'm skeptical you ride as high of a high as you can when they win.
                          Did the other kids pick on you today during homeroom & recess today? Is that what's eating you?

Comment

Working...
                          X