• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    still don't get the argument.... clear as day.... Lynn jettisoned his All Pro statue @QB, had fired his OC, had installed his offense w/new coordinator and new mobile RPO QB, and.... the result ??
    I think the offense has improved with those moves.

2019 21.1pts per game avg.
    2020 25.6 pts per game avg.
    4.5pt scoring increase replacing PR17..

That is a pretty good transition offensively from old franchise QB to new franchise QB.

Rivers went to a team with better o-line and better defense.
    2019 Colts 22.6
    2020 Colts score 26.9.
    4.3 scoring increase adding PR17.

Look like the move was a win/win for both Lynn and Rivers in terms of scoring pts.
    But Ws and Ls. Philip got the better deal right now.
    I think the difference is the D and ST.
    #3 Colts defense is better than Chargers #21 defense.
    And 19/21 by Rodrigo 90.5% is better the Badger 14/19 73.7%

Can we swap the health of Charger D and FG kicker with Colts.
    ​​​​​Colts defense has been much much healthier.

I get the Gus & Stewart shade as those units have been struggling. And I get Lynn gets to decide to replace them if he thinks it will help. I think he knows the defense is missing some of its best players. And he has seen them play well for big stretches. But I would think his patience with Gus has a shelf life. If Badgers was having a money year, Stewart wouldn't look so bad. Also, no way Lynn fires Stewart, at most he would promote or hire a special team coach to take over that unit. But he keeps Stewart on staff for sure.

If they keep Lynn for 2021, and someone gets replaced, it's likely Gus is that person.
    ​​​
    Bosa out vs Miami compromises Gus style quite a bit. We know he rather get pressure with 4, and when it's working it's really good. When it's not....we know they struggle. Can Gus find a way to get enough pressure without Bosa. I'm both hopefull and doubtful. I think he is going to play his defense. Rush 4 and hope that Tillery and Jones, Joseph and Ingram have a great day.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

to your point, Patricia quickly lost the locker room
      I didn’t realize how bad, but this is bad. Patricia makes Belicheat look like a rockstar
      I will say that I lean more towards authoritarians than “player coach” types, but Patricia we’ve seen examples of things Patricia has said, pretty insulting.
      Sucks because I was a big Patricia proponent after reading about how all the veterans loved him in New England, including our own Jr Seau.

DC looks like his ceiling
      Detroit story: I always have hope for Detroit, due to rock solid ownership. Bill Belichick TOLD Matt Patricia to take the Detroit job because of the ownership alone. Bill worked for the organization for the Lions for a very brief stint long ago and he still receives a hand-written Christmas card from Mrs. Martha Firestone Ford, every Christmas. Bill is so touched by that simple act, that he reveres the Lions ownership.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I think I've brought up most dark horse candidates, Wade Phillips, Jim Caldwell...etc. IMO, the two best current coordinators I'd like to see as head coach: Todd Bowles & Wink Martindale

Todd Bowles - HC/DC
        Pep Hamilton - QC
        Shane Steichen - OC

Wink Martindale - HC/DC
        Pep Hamilton - QC
        Shane Steichen - OC

Bowles would be getting his second chance after working for a pathetic owner and sketchy GM-situation. His Bucs defense is playing well in the uber-physical NFC South. I thought Bowles had the pieces on defense but always lacked a QB. Perhaps he needs a second shot.

Wink, his first HC. But, he learned under John Harbaugh, who I believe to be the best HC, besides Bill Belichick, who will always be the greatest coach of my lifetime, in the league.

I've stayed away from OC as HC because of continuity: If this team is putting up 35 NOW, w/ a rather depleted O-line, makes sense to build an O-line around the kid at QB, starting with a center, and they will continue to produce 35 points a game. It's the defense that needs coordinating, and new CB, and edge rusher.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I think the offense has improved with those moves.

2019 21.1pts per game avg.
          2020 25.6 pts per game avg.
          4.5pt scoring increase replacing PR17..

That is a pretty good transition offensively from old franchise QB to new franchise QB.

Rivers went to a team with better o-line and better defense.
          2019 Colts 22.6
          2020 Colts score 26.9.
          4.3 scoring increase adding PR17.

Look like the move was a win/win for both Lynn and Rivers in terms of scoring pts.
          But Ws and Ls. Philip got the better deal right now.
          I think the difference is the D and ST.
          #3 Colts defense is better than Chargers #21 defense.
          And 19/21 by Rodrigo 90.5% is better the Badger 14/19 73.7%

Can we swap the health of Charger D and FG kicker with Colts.
          ​​​​​Colts defense has been much much healthier.

I get the Gus & Stewart shade as those units have been struggling. And I get Lynn gets to decide to replace them if he thinks it will help. I think he knows the defense is missing some of its best players. And he has seen them play well for big stretches. But I would think his patience with Gus has a shelf life. If Badgers was having a money year, Stewart wouldn't look so bad. Also, no way Lynn fires Stewart, at most he would promote or hire a special team coach to take over that unit. But he keeps Stewart on staff for sure.

If they keep Lynn for 2021, and someone gets replaced, it's likely Gus is that person.
          ​​​
          Bosa out vs Miami compromises Gus style quite a bit. We know he rather get pressure with 4, and when it's working it's really good. When it's not....we know they struggle. Can Gus find a way to get enough pressure without Bosa. I'm both hopefull and doubtful. I think he is going to play his defense. Rush 4 and hope that Tillery and Jones, Joseph and Ingram have a great day.
          the offense might have improved, but the question is, has Lynn improved, or even Stitch for that matter.

your inference is yes, the improvement is due to the absence of PR and the addition of Stitch, and the continued competence of our HC.... for myself, am gonna call it a Herbert intervention, coz didn't see the diff against Cincy w/Tyrod, which was the overhaul that our HC wished for.

and the idea is that it would get us back over .500 minus Phil, and now.... 'tis the D & our lowly fg kicker.

and just as a sidebar, Rivers replaced Brisset, of which you'd expect an improvement, but he was then minus Keenan, MW, Henry and Ekeler/JJ.... bit of a drop off I'd say, Oline considered.

back on topic/point, you've called it a QB driven league and called for PR to pay the piper, and for which he did, and.... will call it the same for an NFL HC and 'tis for him for whom the bells toll.

AL made his decision on PR, that he wasn't mobile and/or RPO QB enough for his liking, and have made a similar eval on our HC.... he's not Charger football enough for me/my liking.

and to be fair, PR, 'specially the initial version, wasn't really my style either as prefer the more low key Eli/Herbert vibe than the Rivers chirpy banter, and so.... to each his own.

as mentioned before, think we've got to get it right, and my personal opinion, have seen enough from Lynn to make me ready to move on, as just don't think he's in alignment w/what I've known as Charger football, not to mention not convinced he's got as good a handle on things as you give him credit for.

also as mentioned before, not overly certain that David Shaw or the like is the answer/surefire solution.... just the kinda demeanor/intangibles eye prefer, and do think he fits well w/team TJ and what the Chargers are about.... he's a SoCal guy, w/a resume that checks alotta boxes, again.... @least speaking for myself.

will also reiterate that these players have played for alot of coaches, and most of 'em know when they have a good coach.... my question is how do they really feel 'bout their HC now ??

and yeah he's down some players, but he also got adds like Linval, Murray and Kyzir, along w/the obvious bonanza of JH10.

also gonna add that recall Telesco making it very clear that it was near mutiny if he didn't draft Jatavis once upon a time, and now again he made it all too clear that his HC was the guy behind the Murray trade up.... my question is, was Tom overly fond of those moves ?? and how fond was he, and is he of his now HC ??

again, we can drag this thing out.... once again, or.... maybe its time, and perhaps for the first time, to let our GM pick an HC of his very own choosing.

ps. like your creativity/thought process w/Stewart in retaining him as Asst HC, all the while bringing in a new coach to head the STs, and.... firing Gus is not the answer, just a way of prolonging the near inevitable.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

beachcomber

However this coaching thing goes. Going from PR17 to JH10 has worked out way better than expected sans the wins. If they don't get rolling with wins soon and a change is made....
            Are you okay with a total regime change. Pep Stitch Campen possibly not in next HCs plan. A potential overhaul of the staff.
            Should Telesco escape the slaughter, these are his guys?
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

beachcomber

However this coaching thing goes. Going from PR17 to JH10 has worked out way better than expected sans the wins. If they don't get rolling with wins soon and a change is made....
              Are you okay with a total regime change. Pep Stitch Campen possibly not in next HCs plan. A potential overhaul of the staff.
              yeah, Telesco is def culpable here, and maybe AL is getting a disproportionate share of the grief/blame, and.... TT just has way too good of a rapport w/ownership, 'specially post JH10 coming into the fold/building, and.... not so sure how many of those guys, are his guys ??

and yes again, think the new HC should be able to bring in the peoples of his choosing, and of which may have in part been due to some of AL's fallings ?? albeit like many if not most here, do like what Campen has seemingly accomplished, and as it seems Pep has had a good hand in things as well, if not Stitch, and.... no, coaches can interview w/the new coach like the rest of 'em, and if so inclined.

and yes, JH10.... complete and total windfall, @least from my perspective as had bought into the draftnik static that there were (heavily) mixed signals/reviews regarding our new Herbalist.

all that said, glad that coach Lynn has you and a few others in his corner, as am sure eye and others here have been over the top w/things a time or coupla few, and Lynn is getting spitballed, and perhaps undeservedly so at times.... ??

biggest thing for me atm, is not to unnecessarily let another season go to waste, and to nip this thing in the bud sooner than later.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Beach

If AL made the decision on letting Rivers go hit FA after his storied career in the powdered blues, the rapid accent of Herbert, and TT/ownership saying nothing but positive things about his leadership style/capabilities, do you think his job is truly in jeopardy?
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                  I think I've brought up most dark horse candidates, Wade Phillips, Jim Caldwell...etc. IMO, the two best current coordinators I'd like to see as head coach: Todd Bowles & Wink Martindale

Todd Bowles - HC/DC
                  Pep Hamilton - QC
                  Shane Steichen - OC

Wink Martindale - HC/DC
                  Pep Hamilton - QC
                  Shane Steichen - OC

Bowles would be getting his second chance after working for a pathetic owner and sketchy GM-situation. His Bucs defense is playing well in the uber-physical NFC South. I thought Bowles had the pieces on defense but always lacked a QB. Perhaps he needs a second shot.

Wink, his first HC. But, he learned under John Harbaugh, who I believe to be the best HC, besides Bill Belichick, who will always be the greatest coach of my lifetime, in the league.

I've stayed away from OC as HC because of continuity: If this team is putting up 35 NOW, w/ a rather depleted O-line, makes sense to build an O-line around the kid at QB, starting with a center, and they will continue to produce 35 points a game. It's the defense that needs coordinating, and new CB, and edge rusher.
                  Martindale has said he would only leave Baltimore for a dream job. I dont think being the HC of a Spanos team is a dream job if you cant bring in your own assisstants and is why i didnt list him.

Most HCs want to bring in their own assisstants unless they know the guys we have well enough to keep. Rex Ryan knows Lynn very well and why i listed him for DC, but again dont think we have the personel for his 3-4.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

beachcomber

If they want to hire another HC and they want a good one that isnt some first time ...lets give him a shot type of HC, then that HC will want his own assisstants as most do.
                    And im fine with it even if it means losing those you named. They have been with us ONE season...Steichen for 2. I think we will survive.

I think part of the reason they end up with the HC's they do is because they are willing to accept keeping some of our current coaches for that continuity....which has got us no where doing that. Let the new guy bring in his own.

Comment

• PR#1
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Today is a critical game for Lynn.

It will be rookie qb vs rookie qb.

If Chargers lose this game the national media narrative is why does Flores have his team at 6-3 and on the verge of a playoff birth and Lynn is sitting at 2-7 ? Both have Rookie qbs.

You can only us the injury excuse for so long. Every team has injuries.

Has Flores done a better job coaching around injuries than Lynn ?

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                        Beach

If AL made the decision on letting Rivers go hit FA after his storied career in the powdered blues, the rapid accent of Herbert, and TT/ownership saying nothing but positive things about his leadership style/capabilities, do you think his job is truly in jeopardy?
                        much more ready to credit AL w/Tyrod rather than Herbert, of which eye surmise was more of a Telesco operation, and.... what positive things about him, let alone his leadership style/capabilities has his higher ups been effusing of late ?? as will add that eye know what we haven't see nor heard of late, and....

know 'twas only one game, and.... think we showed our (AL) colors against Cincy, and considering what we did outta the gate @0-4 and to close out last season @1-4.... the some of you can wait around and hope he turns this things around, and he very well could, and.... speaking as the armchair 'round here.... have seen (and heard) enough.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Martindale has said he would only leave Baltimore for a dream job. I dont think being the HC of a Spanos team is a dream job if you cant bring in your own assisstants and is why i didnt list him.

Most HCs want to bring in their own assisstants unless they know the guys we have well enough to keep. Rex Ryan knows Lynn very well and why i listed him for DC, but again dont think we have the personel for his 3-4.
                          I agree with Martindale's viewpoint. Plus, our defensive personnel are wrong, IMO.

Enlighten me on your stance against Eric Bieienmy. Anthony Lynn disagrees with you, FWTW.

“I would highly recommend Eric,” Anthony Lynn said. “If you want a leader of men and someone thats going to people accountable and develop a bunch of competitive pricks, yeah, I’d hire him.”
                          KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn doesn’t mince words about his intense feelings toward Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy when the two squared as players in t…

Comment

Working...
                          X