Saints 8.5 Point Favorites Over The Chargers (WK 5 Pre-Game Discussion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AZBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Personally, I think Steichen did a good job with the playcalling against the Bucs......He surely gets the importance of going deep with speedy receivers......this will open up things even more for Allen, Williams, draw plays and screens.......I would like to see more screens, and short passes on 1st down to get into 2nd and 2-4 yds to go.....

Im totally irate about not taking a knee, on the last drive in first half with 50 sec on the clock. ....why risk rookie to rookie hadoffs when Bucs were powerless to stop the clock? Idiocrocy.

Please, someone tell me what Lynn brings to this team?? No innovation, no ball security, no punching or stripping attempts on Defense to cause turnovers......Damn it, why are we the only team that cant get push to convert 3rd and forth and one? Chargers not doing these important things that turn close games into Wins.....please, no more punt returns for King too, let King play D!

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post
      Personally, I think Steichen did a good job with the playcalling against the Bucs......He surely gets the importance of going deep with speedy receivers......this will open up things even more for Allen, Williams, draw plays and screens.......I would like to see more screens, and short passes on 1st down to get into 2nd and 2-4 yds to go.....

Im totally irate about not taking a knee, on the last drive in first half with 50 sec on the clock. ....why risk rookie to rookie hadoffs when Bucs were powerless to stop the clock? Idiocrocy.

Please, someone tell me what Lynn brings to this team?? No innovation, no ball security, no punching or stripping attempts on Defense to cause turnovers......Damn it, why are we the only team that cant get push to convert 3rd and forth and one? Chargers not doing these important things that turn close games into Wins.....please, no more punt returns for King too, let King play D!
      Literally what I asked this time last year.
      verbatim.

”continuity”?
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Biggestfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

if the Chargers field the same defense they did Sunday the Saints will score 40 plus

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

When does Lynn make the decision between Taylor and Herbert this week? Or has he made the decision and I'm not aware of it? I can't find any reporting on it.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post
            if the Chargers field the same defense they did Sunday the Saints will score 40 plus
            If the Chargers use the strong arm of Herbert to throw more bombs to the speedy guys; we may score 40 too.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              When does Lynn make the decision between Taylor and Herbert this week? Or has he made the decision and I'm not aware of it? I can't find any reporting on it.
              If he starts Taylor and Taylor puts up 13 points to NO's 30 it will be the final nail in his coffin concerning judgement and capabilities. All the defenders of Lynn will scatter like the roaches in daylight! Lynn is not an awful coach it's just that he needs two very competent coordinators to get the job done just like Marty.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• AK47
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                Taylor's ribs healed and lung puncture is patched up.....Who is he Wolverine lol?

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post

I'm liking Steichen, think he will grow into the job and become an awesome OC. Gus, it's time for him to go, nothing personal. Would like to give Lynn until the end of the year. As a head coach, he should be able to either "coach" Gus to make his defense perform at an acceptable level OR get his ass fired. If not, then it's on him. I know Lynn is taking longer to grow into his role than people expected, but I still think he can be a viable head coach. My biggest knock on him is his acceptance of mediocre play. If a player isn't up to the task, give someone else a few reps. Of course they will make mistakes, but maybe some will show a little passion, and at the least, light a fire under the other guys. Stop giving the vets a free pass if they're not performing. Oh, one more thing. Stop throwing the challenge flag if it won't be overturned. Even my dog was chuffing at a few of those.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Taylor's ribs healed and lung puncture is patched up.....Who is he Wolverine lol?
                    No.
                    I am.
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post
                      Historically, the Chargers have never beaten Brees as a saint(kind of beat him us as a charger thoug...lol)...... in fact the games have never been close........ NO usually has fun running up a blowout score on chargers.... lol

It seems like no matter who our DC has been, we usually have a defensive gameplan of conceding all the short passes Brees wants to throw......leaving short passes wide open......trying to make NO take 10-15 plays to score each time, hoping that NO will make a stupid mistake somewhere along the line.....always fails because NO is a talented well-coached team....

But sadly the Chargers usually melts down against NO......

I honestrly think Chargers have enough talent to beat NO this time, if Herbert starts and plays as well or better than he has been and the rest of team plays mistake free football..... is that likely?...no .....but possible?....yes....

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Historically, the Chargers have never beaten Brees as a saint(kind of beat him us as a charger thoug...lol)...... in fact the games have never been close........ NO usually has fun running up a blowout score on chargers.... lol

It seems like no matter who our DC has been, we usually have a defensive gameplan of conceding all the short passes Brees wants to throw......leaving short passes wide open......trying to make NO take 10-15 plays to score each time, hoping that NO will make a stupid mistake somewhere along the line.....always fails because NO is a talented well-coached team....

I honestrly think Chargers have enough talent to beat NO this time, if Herbert starts and plays as well or better than he has been and the rest of team plays mistake free football..... is that likely?...no .....but possible?....yes....
                        We should have beaten NO a couple of years ago in NO. It took the refs calling back big pass play after big pass plays over and over to get Brees the win. He broke a record of consecutive games with a TD pass and the NFL gave instructions that if he broke the record he had to win. It was close though 4-5 points.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

The Chargers, this century, have taken it on the chin against the entire NFC South. Twenty years of losing to Carolina & New Orleans, & more often than not to Atlanta & Tampa Bay.

Comment

Working...
                          X