Saints 8.5 Point Favorites Over The Chargers (WK 5 Pre-Game Discussion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heywally
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Yea, my whole thing with Herbert is him getting hurt out there with the current setup and his inexperience and the growth thing turning into negative growth, just don't like the setup right now. Still, it's hard to imagine sitting him after what he's done so far.

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

I'm betting they move this game. Delta is gonna make a soup bowl out N'Awlins... Again.

Comment

• SDBORN
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        Let's keep losing with Herbert growing. I'd rather see that than Lynn attempting the bottom line.. his job.

I remind all that Taylor is 1-0 due to the Bengals missed field goal in the last seconds.
        To think we were that close to going into OT. Who knows maybe Chargers are 0-4 right now like Lynn's early days. Not much has changed.

Why is Lynn still here?

Comment

• jox g
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Also that close to being 4-0

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

To think we were that close to going into OT. Who knows maybe Chargers are 0-4 right now like Lynn's early days. Not much has changed.

Why is Lynn still here?
            He is evidently thought of as "a leader of men" - whatever that means. It surely doesn't equate to success on the field.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Originally posted by heywally View Post
              Herbert. Is he even starting this week? Love watching him play and the Chargers have not had a QB that looks like this. The problem right now is that in large part because of injuries, this team is very unlikely to make the playoffs. So, do you want to risk the rookies health to gain him some experience this year, which may or may not be good experience the rest of the way?

This oline does not look good. Herbert was deep in the pocket too many times and for too long. He still has too casual of an attitude about NFL defenders (the out of bounds late hit he took because he coasted and didn’t have his alert up long enough; that’s already happened several times this year) and the designed running play where he didn’t slide. Is this coaching staff calling the right plays for him? And of course, he doesn’t have the field awareness yet. Ekeler gone is a big deal. Herbert is pretty quick but those legs are a big target.

Coach might be risking his job by putting TT back in there but I’m on the fence about continuing to start Herbert with the team the way it is right now.

Anyway, no matter who starts at QB this weekend, I don’t see the Chargers keeping this one close in that stadium. I’d use the Saints as part of a two team teaser or ML parlay.
              I think there are some valid points and concerns here
              I just don’t know if Herbert grows pocket awareness or develops that proper attitude/urgency, while sitting on a bench
              I see what you’re seeing, but I also see a big guy who knows how to take sacks safely
              I trust Herbert to keep himself safe while learning these nuances, it’s going to take a freak accident or hit to injure him (knock on wood)
              generally I don’t believe in that approach, you play a qb to develop him and give him experience and not wrap him up in bubble wrap. It’s part of the risk involved.

regarding bad experience, I think I know what you mean, but again, this falls on the QB.
              it’s a tall ask for a rookie qb to play behind a bad Oline and essentially being thrown to the wolves, but it’s okay to ask a lot of your franchise qb.

Imo JH will reflect on his rookie year as the most growth he’s had as a qb.
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Just a thought I haven't seen here yet but it’s important that JH performs well on national tv
                to start growing that reputation which will hopefully translate to getting future calls on the field
                and to a lesser extent, grow the brand, commercial success, yada yada yada

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• SDBORN
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
                  Also that close to being 4-0
                  Almost always close games. Mostly losses.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Through Week 4, Herbert leads the NFL in passing yards thrown for under pressure with 433.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • New Jersey
                      • Send PM

Comment

• sonorajim
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Almost always close games. Mostly losses.
                        Based on pre-game appraisals, we should be 2-2. KC & TB were down as L's. Interesting that we were very competotive in them.
                        Still 1-3.
                        One less stupid player mistake in each, we'd be 4-0.
                        Whatever.
                        Too many brain farts. Not sure how to make the team stop screwing themselves.
                        How does Bill do it?

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Coaching, plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                          X