Saints 8.5 Point Favorites Over The Chargers (WK 5 Pre-Game Discussion)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

I will wait to see the end of week injury report...but don't think this game is a gimme for the Saints. Got a lot of youngsters who are learning on the fly, might be they will be stepping up stronger this week. Still glass half full, this fan....
    The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
      I took a Sunday off. Recorded the game and was going to watch it on Sunday night. I peeked at the score 3 times. Up by 14, down in the 3rd and we lost (by 7 or less AGAIN...). I finally watched the highlights today and I really do not see a future with Lynn.....I just don't.

The nice thing is that I have gone from playoff hopes to hoping for a better draft position. Zero expectations......all I want to do is watch Herbert play and HOPEfully not suffer a major injury.

So I'll watch Monday and hope we play respectable football. But truly I see another L coming so know I have no stress in watching this mess. Hopefully we get the #2 draft slot so we get the pick of the litter after Lawrence.

Bring on 2021
      You didn't miss much. Typical Chargers game where we were up huge early and ended up losing the game late.

Another Sunday afternoon kick in the nuts.

Herbert had some really nice throws though but you could probably just watch highlights of the game instead of sitting 3 1/2 hours of blowing the game.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

the Saints are the poster boys for Telesco bypassing Oline talent for skill position players.... Mike Williams in lieu of Ryan Ramczyk, and Jerry Tillery in lieu of Erik McCoy

they also most recently took Cesar Ruiz, who we coulda had instead of Kenneth Murray.

in 2013 we selected both DJ Fluker and Manti Te'o before Terron Armstead, who was selected one selection in front of Keenan.

and as someone mentioned in another thread, we chose Derwin in lieu of the Pat's LT Isaiah Wynn.

most recently was personally campaigning for Tristan Wirfs in lieu of Justin Herbert, and so far TT is looking pretty good there, and despite that Wirfs by most accounts handled (an injured) Joey B.

Telesco also traded for Murray instead of selecting third round options Prince Tega Wanogho and Josh Jones, in last year's draft.

he also nabbed Joshua Kelly round four instead of a once upon a time first round talent Tyler Biadasz.

Joe Reed was drafted instead of Saahdiq Charles, and Alohi Gilman in front of Jon Runyan.

the year before that Tillery also got the call ahead of Cody Ford and Dalton Risner.

they took Pipkins instead of Yodney Cajuste as well in round three.

Tranquill went ahead of Dlineman Greg Gaines, and Easton Stick before Olineman David Edwards.

Emeke Egbule went ahead of Olineman Isaiah Prince, along w/WR Kelvin Harmon eye might add.

GMing ain't so easy, albeit you can question where our commitment lies, and where our football philosophy is centered upon when it comes to roster decisions.

personally would like to see more of a commitment/focus on the lines and front seven, and.... doing the such is/would be nice, and.... the bottom line is to hit on your picks.
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

It seems like every game I watch I see OL that we could have drafted and they are playing very well. We'll be seeing a couple of them in action for the Saints this week. I remember John Madden say you have to build the OL first if you want to be a winner. Sometimes I think I want them to be winners more than our FO does!
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• KrazyLegs
            Registered Dude
            • Sep 2018
            • Westminster, MA
            • Send PM

Your move, Gus Bradley.

Actually, nevermind.

Comment

• Ceramic
              Chargers are pathetic
              • Sep 2020
              • OC
              • Send PM

Kamara will have a field day. Charger D will stop him? Do we have a solid game plan to shut him down?

Comment

• Biggestfan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                It seems like every game I watch I see OL that we could have drafted and they are playing very well. We'll be seeing a couple of them in action for the Saints this week. I remember John Madden say you have to build the OL first if you want to be a winner. Sometimes I think I want them to be winners more than our FO does!
                Any front office worth its salt knows this. Bill Parcells was big on building both lines for that matter.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Seems like every game when this team has the lead, the opposing team pulls out multiple passing plays outta their hat that totally befuddles the secondary. It's like "huh"...wha? " We never practiced against such plays all week." This team is so damn vulnerable during crunch time, it's scary. All an opposing team has to do is call unused passing plays that weren't part of their game plan. 3rd and 4th playbook passing plays they practiced once all week, yet go for huge yardage.

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                    Seems like every game when this team has the lead, the opposing team pulls out multiple passing plays outta their hat that totally befuddles the secondary. It's like "huh"...wha? " We never practiced against such plays all week." This team is so damn vulnerable during crunch time, it's scary. All an opposing team has to do is call unused passing plays that weren't part of their game plan. 3rd and 4th playbook passing plays they practiced once all week, yet go for huge yardage.
                    Ive been thinking similar things...... It always seems like Reid just toys with the Chargers for part of the game till he has learned what our defense is doing, then later in game when he really needs to score, he dials up plays that Chargers cant handle or are not prepared for.......

This year it is obvious that even though the chargers defense is better than it was last year, that teams have all figured out that if you just keep throwing up deep balls, our defenders lack the deep speed and have zero ball skills for locating and intercepting those deep balls..... at first i thought this was just a chargers problem, but I am seeing the same thing happening to many other teams...... this year, it seems that any good QB can successfully throw up deep balls whenever they really need it...... and no one can play defense......

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

The Chargers don't have passing plays out of nowhere, which other teams seem to have with success during crunch time. Regular march down the field completions. It's big hit or miss with the Chargers with that scenario. Desperation time defense. Need that. Long time coming.

When the Chargers are behind during closing minutes, where is the same offensive pass play execution that other teams use against the Chargers?

Opposing teams seem to have end game passing plays down a lot better. It's hit or miss with this team.
                      Last edited by Caslon; 10-07-2020, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• heywally
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Herbert. Is he even starting this week? Love watching him play and the Chargers have not had a QB that looks like this. The problem right now is that in large part because of injuries, this team is very unlikely to make the playoffs. So, do you want to risk the rookies health to gain him some experience this year, which may or may not be good experience the rest of the way?

This oline does not look good. Herbert was deep in the pocket too many times and for too long. He still has too casual of an attitude about NFL defenders (the out of bounds late hit he took because he coasted and didn’t have his alert up long enough; that’s already happened several times this year) and the designed running play where he didn’t slide. Is this coaching staff calling the right plays for him? And of course, he doesn’t have the field awareness yet. Ekeler gone is a big deal. Herbert is pretty quick but those legs are a big target.

Coach might be risking his job by putting TT back in there but I’m on the fence about continuing to start Herbert with the team the way it is right now.

Anyway, no matter who starts at QB this weekend, I don’t see the Chargers keeping this one close in that stadium. I’d use the Saints as part of a two team teaser or ML parlay.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Let's keep losing with Herbert growing. I'd rather see that than Lynn attempting the bottom line.. his job.

I remind all that Taylor is 1-0 due to the Bengals missed field goal in the last seconds.

Comment

Working...
                          X