LAC @ New Orleans Saints Game Day and Post Game Thread (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

How many years are you willing to keep saying that?
    It wasnt a 52 yard FG, it was a 50 and he missed it.

If XPs were still chip shots, we probably win. But they aren't.
    If we had attempted a 52 yard field goal,
    and Badgley had made the same kick,
    that kick would have been good.
    The football would have continued to hook.
    Badgley blew it.
    A W by any measure would lead to a different post game discussion ?
    How many years am I willing to keep saying that ?
    If "that" is correctly describing what happened,
    I am willing to say that until I pass away.
    Are you not seeing all the negative, low information posts ?
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Please don't ruin this kid by putting him behind a bad OL for the majority of his career. Love what I've seen of him so far, especially when you consider the makeshift training camp and no preseason action.
      what I'm afraid of is they will see Justin escaping all this pressure and just think "why do we need oline when our QB can just escape the pressure?" and then just go and get UDFA OL.

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

what I'm afraid of is they will see Justin escaping all this pressure and just think "why do we need oline when our QB can just escape the pressure?" and then just go and get UDFA OL.
        You mean the "Rivers solution?"
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Biggestfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

I feel the same way. I watch this kid and how atrocious this oline is and also wonder how long until he gets shell shocked. I can't say it enough what an embarrassment this offensive line is. Aside from Herbert, this team from offense, to defense to special teams and everything in between is in dissaray.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Bengals, Browns, Lions, would disagree.
            With 9 less than 7 point losses last year and 4 already this year we have taken poll position on pathetic.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

If we had attempted a 52 yard field goal,
              and Badgley had made the same kick,
              that kick would have been good.
              The football would have continued to hook.
              Badgley blew it.
              A W by any measure would lead to a different post game discussion ?
              How many years am I willing to keep saying that ?
              If "that" is correctly describing what happened,
              I am willing to say that until I pass away.
              Are you not seeing all the negative, low information posts ?
              Tomorrow GIF by memecandy

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post

I feel the same way. I watch this kid and how atrocious this oline is and also wonder how long until he gets shell shocked. I can't say it enough what an embarrassment this offensive line is. Aside from Herbert, this team from offense, to defense to special teams and everything in between is in dissaray.
                I see the talent is there if healthy but injuries do happen. But its the coaching that drives me batty. Three weeks out of four with double digit leads and the scoring basically stops. No turnovers but the defense can not get off the field. One drive, I think 27-20, the Saints never had a third down. Not even close to getting off the field.

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Yes...except rivers is about immobile as a wounded baby giraffe stuck in knee-high mud.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

The only problem with that is Rivers could NOT escape the pressure...but when draft day came, it seemed like there was just about ALWAYS a player other than O-line who got the nod...and when we DID draft O-line, they mostly turned into injury or regular busts...sigh...

Comment

• OhioBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

true

trying to stay positive

but i do look at the schedule
                      5 AFC West games
                      Jacksonville, Atlanta, Miami
                      granted, will they learn to finish
                      I am with you heads up keep grinding I am disappointed about the lost, but believe it or not I believe they can turn it around not so much because I believe in the Coaching Staff, but I believe Herbert has a skill set and ora about himself that is going to inspire his team mates to rise to a higher level, it like Lebron James in the first Cleveland go around he was taking his teams to playoffs and he didn't have the talent he had around him in Miami (Wade & Bocsh), Cleveland the second time around (Irving & Love) and Lakers (Davis).

Reality of these injuries suck but to lose Allen was big that would of gave Herbert another option on that last drive besides Williams & Henery. Bosa not 100% and Casey Hayward out the 4th quarter, not to mention the obvious with o-line. After the bye hopefully get Ingram, Jones and some time later Chris Harris, then on Offense Turner and Bulga and sometime later Ekeler there is reason for optimism.

Teams haven't dominated us we are in every game despite injuries and umm some very questionable coaching, what does this team look like healthy what would be the record if healthy? Then again if everyone was healthy we wouldn't see our franchise QB in the making. 1-4 sucks but I am looking forward to what we do after the bye starting with Jacksonville is a good way to start to string some wins together

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

I am with you heads up keep grinding I am disappointed about the lost, but believe it or not I believe they can turn it around not so much because I believe in the Coaching Staff, but I believe Herbert has a skill set and ora about himself that is going to inspire his team mates to rise to a higher level, it like Lebron James in the first Cleveland go around he was taking his teams to playoffs and he didn't have the talent he had around him in Miami (Wade & Bocsh), Cleveland the second time around (Irving & Love) and Lakers (Davis).

Reality of these injuries suck but to lose Allen was big that would of gave Herbert another option on that last drive besides Williams & Henery. Bosa not 100% and Casey Hayward out the 4th quarter, not to mention the obvious with o-line. After the bye hopefully get Ingram, Jones and some time later Chris Harris, then on Offense Turner and Bulga and sometime later Ekeler there is reason for optimism.

Teams haven't dominated us we are in every game despite injuries and umm some very questionable coaching, what does this team look like healthy what would be the record if healthy? Then again if everyone was healthy we wouldn't see our franchise QB in the making. 1-4 sucks but I am looking forward to what we do after the bye starting with Jacksonville is a good way to start to string some wins together
                        Just start stacking wins against teams like the Fish, Jags, Falcons, Raiders, Jets and Denver. I get that leaves teams like KC, NE and Buffalo (I think) - but hey, it is what it is

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

The US Patent and Trademark office should rescind Badgley's trademark if he has another game like last night.

Comment

Working...
                          X