First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Ya same here, calling plays is the deal breaker for me.
    I don’t see a Reid disciple over taking Reid himself.
    I almost feel like Reid is promoting EB as a sort of Trojan horse
    Reid has to have known for at least 2 years that EB will be getting a HC chance and likely has kept the secret sauce close to his vest
    I really don't want a first time head coach

Schwartz, McDaniels, I still like the idea of Jim Caldwell (based solely on the fact his detroit teams were better than most)... I said Marvin Lewis - but his teams were a bit out of control and didn't win in the playoffs

I just want a solid NFL coach - Marty 2.0. Thats it - if there is a Marty like solid NFL coach out there - thats the guy I bleeping want!

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Reed and Bieniemy both have said that Reed calls the plays. Eric helps with game planning and suggestions. I posted an article on it in here a few weeks ago....around there.
    EB wouldnt be on my HC list.
    Ya same here, calling plays is the deal breaker for me.
    I don’t see a Reid disciple over taking Reid himself.
    I almost feel like Reid is promoting EB as a sort of Trojan horse
    Reid has to have known for at least 2 years that EB will be getting a HC chance and likely has kept the secret sauce close to his vest

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post

Nagy and Peterson were Andy's OC's too.
    Reed and Bieniemy both have said that Reed calls the plays. Eric helps with game planning and suggestions. I posted an article on it in here a few weeks ago....around there.
    EB wouldnt be on my HC list.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied

Nagy, Peterson, Chris Ballard , Sean McDermott (though he was with Rivera when he was hired) , Harbaugh - all worked for Big Andy at one time or another

There is a pattern of success as its obvious - Reid is a very good mentor.

A few years ago when Lynn was hired, my first choice was Mike Smith
    Second choice was Dave Toub
    (this was based on the list of names interviewed)

I still want a coach with experience but if Lynn is fired and Bieniemy hired, that would be okay by me.

Leave a comment:

• Coachmarkos
    replied
    Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    On The NFL Network last night, that Rose guy kept showing a play by KC and saying "watch this play called by Eric Bieniemy".
    I guess he dont know that Bieniemy dont call the plays there. Its most likely why Bieniemy hasnt got a HC job and really hasnt been close to one. He is a good asst coach but he hasnt been on his own to be a true OC yet. Far from ready to be a HC imo.

Leave a comment:

• Boltjolt
    replied
    On The NFL Network last night, that Rose guy kept showing a play by KC and saying "watch this play called by Eric Bieniemy".
    I guess he dont know that Bieniemy dont call the plays there. Its most likely why Bieniemy hasnt got a HC job and really hasnt been close to one. He is a good asst coach but he hasnt been on his own to be a true OC yet. Far from ready to be a HC imo.

Leave a comment:

• Bolt4Knob
    replied
    Originally posted by Parcells View Post
    New England has changed styles and game plans based on personel over the years. The short passing game they used was best suited to Brady and the receivers they had. I’m very intrigued by Josh McD and I think Herbert makes this a very attractive destination.
    I would take Josh over any of these "new" guys. I am sick of "new" guys

I don't believe just because of HErbert the Chargers need an OC minded Head coach. Thats limiting

But I want somebody with experience. Hell Jim Schwartz

a good head coach hires good assistants. Keep Pep Hamilton for petes sake as QB/OC type role.

But to the point about Josh - the Patriots have always been an evolving offense depending on personnel. They are not stuck in one thing.

Leave a comment:

• Parcells
    replied
    New England has changed styles and game plans based on personel over the years. The short passing game they used was best suited to Brady and the receivers they had. I’m very intrigued by Josh McD and I think Herbert makes this a very attractive destination.

Leave a comment:

• 21&500
    replied
    I have been on this offensive minded HC trip for weeks but I recently saw a video talking about how Belicheat would spend an hour a day with the defense and the rest of the day with Brady going over every possible way he could/would be defended.
    makes sense.
    so perhaps a great defensive coordinator would be able to help Herbert the most in a similar way, assuming we maintained competency at OC and continued to add talent to the Oline
    staying open for now

Leave a comment:

• beachcomber
    replied
    think some of the defensive minded peoples out there have already mentioned Matt Eberflus, and.... two names that hadn't come across prior, are Shane Waldron and Klint Kubiak, and.... not for HC, just names to explore/keep an eye on.

Leave a comment:

• ghost
    replied

He didn't have to pay Marty market value, because he was still being paid by the Redskins. (for like 3 years)

I don't necessarily think he's cheap, either. But we sure do seem to go with the cheaper options for Head Coaches.
    Redskins were paying Marty's offset costs, so the Chargers got a discount, but remember, Alex Spanos made the Marty head coach pick. Alex did. Then, GM AJ Smith picked Norv. Dean Spanos has selected every Charger subsequent head coach.

Leave a comment:

• AK47
    replied
    Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

iirc didn’t JMcD have a big hand in drafting Tebow?
    I think it’s fair to say McD may have over estimated his ability on that one haha
    credit for forward/out of the box thinking, but a GM he is NOT
    Exit JMD and Tebow. Enter PM+Kubiak+Wade = Trophy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X