• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Right now anyway Herbert does look like the better player. Burrow was groomed to be the starter from the beginning, getting first team reps from the very first practice in TC. Herbert didn't start getting first team reps until Week 3. And Herbert has been the better QB without question against better competition.
    Y'all gotta remember where Mahomes was Taken?!?!?! We took Herbert at six which is a lot higher than Mahomes....so a flip of the coin. Burrows looks ok so they didn't get robbed either.
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Y'all gotta remember where Mahomes was Taken?!?!?! We took Herbert at six which is a lot higher than Mahomes....so a flip of the coin. Burrows looks ok so they didn't get robbed either.
      Heck, I wanted TT to draft Mahomes in 2017. But nobody would have guessed he would be this good. Yes, draft position does not always translate into success. Goff and Wentz were drafted 1-2 in 2016, but are either really that much better than Dak Prescott, drafted in the 4th round? Look at the 2012 draft. 1 - Luck. 2 - Griffin. 8 - Tannehill. 75 - Wilson.

Comment

• chris9341
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Yeah and don't forget probably the greatest two minute QB in history. How many comeback wins did he have? Can't believe im actually saying something nice about a Donkey.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Heck, I wanted TT to draft Mahomes in 2017. But nobody would have guessed he would be this good. Yes, draft position does not always translate into success. Goff and Wentz were drafted 1-2 in 2016, but are either really that much better than Dak Prescott, drafted in the 4th round? Look at the 2012 draft. 1 - Luck. 2 - Griffin. 8 - Tannehill. 75 - Wilson.
          During draft time on the older Charger forum in real time I said that he was potentially the real deal and the best QB in that draft. Unfortunately, the charger forum is no more so it impossible to prove unless someone has access to it. LOL!

:drool:
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• jubei
            Vagabond Ninja
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

as much as I hate horseface elway rivers cant hold elway's jockstrap. he was clutch, almost the opposite of rivers. rivers is a great passer and gets some gaudy stats, but QB play? elway all the way. DAMN i just puked in my mouth for saying that!!!

Comment

• kgbpasha
              #болтап
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Class of 2000! Giovanni Carmazzi, Spergon Wynn and Tom Brady.
              9 Superbowls between them. Won 6.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post
                Wasn't Jackson drafted in a different year than Mahomes and Watson?
                You are correct. My bad.

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
                  Class of 2000! Giovanni Carmazzi, Spergon Wynn and Tom Brady.
                  9 Superbowls between them. Won 6.
                  if going by SB wins...THIS FTW!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Right now anyway Herbert does look like the better player. Burrow was groomed to be the starter from the beginning, getting first team reps from the very first practice in TC. Herbert didn't start getting first team reps until Week 3. And Herbert has been the better QB without question against better competition.
                    Better competition? He just faced the Colts and Ravens defenses, plus he faced ours.

I get you are a total homer but c'mon man.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Herbert but the Saints D isn't anything special nor the Panthers. Bucs D is the best Herbert has seen.

We are 5-6 games in with these rookie QBs. We need to see a LOT more over the next 2 seasons after this one. It also helps them that the game is wussed down as well.
                    It's why Brady keeps playing as he eluded too a couple years ago.

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Better competition? He just faced the Colts and Ravens defenses, plus he faced ours.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Herbert but the Saints D isn't anything special nor the Panthers. Bucs D is the best Herbert has seen.

We are 5-6 games in with these rookie QBs. We need to see a LOT more over the next 2 seasons after this one. It also helps the game is wussed down as well.
                      Saints D aint anything special but they sure did get to Herbert quite a bit. I think an overall D may be graded a certain level but there are certain gameplans that just exploit our weakneeses better. I guess just about any D can exploit this Oline now that our 2 FA Olinemen are down.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

Saints D aint anything special but they sure did get to Herbert quite a bit. I think an overall D may be graded a certain level but there are certain gameplans that just exploit our weakneeses better. I guess just about any D can exploit this Oline now that our 2 FA Olinemen are down.
                        yep our o line certainly aint special.
                        The saints D line is good, but thays all. Herbert played well, not going to take anything away. Just that Veno gives no credit to anyone but our guys lol.

I dont really care which one is better in three years. Our QB is going to be a good one but the rest of the team and franvhise needs to step it up or he is being wasted like Rivers and LT.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We are 5-6 games in with these rookie QBs. We need to see a LOT more over the next 2 seasons after this one. It also helps them that the game is wussed down as well.
                          It's why Brady keeps playing as he eluded too a couple years ago.
                          I was talking more about QB competition. Herbert has gone up against Mahomes, Brady and Brees in three of his four career starts.

Comment

Working...
                          X