POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    Not a Mcdaniels fan for the reasons in the boltbeat article and I still remember what a punk he was in Denver. I think he is another guy who cannot do well with Belicheck and Brady.

TG
    Curler was the punk, not McDaniels.
    Age makes you wiser,
    look at Leaf.

Comment

• JoeKatt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2020
      • Send PM

If he gets kicked out of Michigan, wouldn't mind seeing Jim Harbaugh back in socal. Bolts need some extra crazy in them.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        https://www.footballoutsiders.com/fi...titans-offense

OC Arthur Smith - Titans offense ranks second in passing, third in rushing, and third overall, trailing only the Chiefs and Packers among the league's best offenses.
        well, if he comes over here he gets Cole Toner and Trey Pipkins to work his magic with, and trades in Derrick Henry for Kalen Ballage.... not sure he's the guy to make lemonade from lemons ??
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Anthony Lynn is going to lose his next five. Mike McCoy never went 3-13 was occasionally able to beat an AFC West opponent.

We are quarreling over the quality levels of expired milk and it's my fault. I made a very bad comparison.
          Lynn had more wins than McCoy. But they’re remarkably similar during their last two seasons. McCoy also was almost winless against the AFC West during that time (he won against Denver in 2016). Funny enough, they also blew leads and lost in some of the worst ways.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We'll see. Wonder how KC will feel about that and how Dean will feel about giving KC two 3rd round comp picks to hire him.

Dean is lame so we'll see how it goes. Either way i do expect a cheap hire as opposed to the more expensive, exprienced right move for this franchise.
            Dean isn’t giving KC two 3rd round picks. If it happens, it comes from the NFL, not the hiring team.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JoeKatt View Post
              If he gets kicked out of Michigan, wouldn't mind seeing Jim Harbaugh back in socal. Bolts need some extra crazy in them.
              Good God no. His success in San Francisco was basically based on his coordinators. He has been an unmitigated disaster at Michigan. In fact he has never even won his division at Stanford or UM.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't think hiring Jim Caldwell is wasting the talent of Herbert. If Caldwell is interested in the job. Chuck Pagano had Andrew Luck for a few years - he did pretty well with a young good QB

My big thing is the Chargers do not need an offensive coordinator - they need a head football coach. I want a guy that can come in Day 1 and know exactly what needs to be done in the offseason, training camp and the game and won't wet his pants deciding whether to punt or go for it. Brady has never been a head coach.

The model for the Chargers hasn't worked hiring first time head coaches (from the offensive side of the ball) - it just hasn't. Now its not all on the coach, Telesco is pretty average at best but this past Sunday, that had nothing to do with offensive development - that was game day coaching. I have zero idea if Joe Brady is ready for that.
                I get your sentiment as well. But playing devil’s advocate, if the organization goes that route, you could say they’re pulling a Lynn in being conservative and scared rather than aggressive in their HC search.
                At the end of the day, your past failures don't guarantee future failures. Might as well hire the best guy for the job.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  Ghost you had me going there for a minute. Jim Harbaugh affable? Funny? The guy is a borderline psychotic and his message and style wears out after a couple seasons. Everywhere he has been they could not wait for him to leave. And he will leave his dream job this year.

John, yes, great coach.

Glad to see you posting again, brother.

Someone wrote we would have to give two third round picks to KC in order to hire BIenemy? I get that right? Why is that? He is not currently a HC under contract. And NFL used to prevent blocking the hiring of assistants to become head coaches. Even more so now that black head coaches are needed for diversity purposes

TG
                  We’re not giving the draft picks. The NFL is.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                    recall my Packer friend being noticeably reticent upon the hiring of LeFleur, not to mention how AR felt about him, and now he is the toast of the town.

people had big/grave doubts 'buot Kingsbury and he's turned into a rather popular two man tandem w/Kyler Murray.

and Sean McVay caught alotta peoples by surprise, but he got off to a pretty good start.

not sure hiring Joe Brady would be as risky as some make him out to be ??
                    With McVay, he had connections in the league from when he was little due to his dad including Gruden and the Shanahans. It allowed him to build his staff quickly. My fear with Brady is that he’ll have the same troubles as Zac Taylor. And this is coming from someone who is definitely a fan of Joe Brady.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by easyal View Post
                      Jeff Fisher. He is itching to coach again and will do wonders with this defense when healthy.
                      As DC?
                      welcome to TPB btw
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Dean isn’t giving KC two 3rd round picks. If it happens, it comes from the NFL, not the hiring team.
                        I realize it comes from the NFL but because we hire him, KC gets the picks. Same thing if Detroit hires him. But maybe nobody hires him if we don't is what I'm getting at.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Two small connections between LAC and McDaniels

Herbert’s comments saying he was a fan of his and wanting to meet him at the combine.
                          Herbert is comparable to brady in calm cool demeanor while playing, high football IQ, only with twice the raw physical ability.

Bosa’s interview comparing Urban Meyer to Bill Belicheat and that Patriot like culture. Joey has been vocal lately and has assumed a leadership position. He has Ohio st dna all over him. Tough and a bought-into culture of excellence.

in my estimation our two best players from both sides of the ball are yearning for a Patriot-like culture
                          I doubt the Spanos stooges would ever have the balls to consider hiring anyone as controversial as Josh McDaniels but imo it would be a smart, out of the box move while everyone is up Bienemy’s ass. Imo it’s a match, Josh is the taboo reject candidate no teams wants to admit being interested in and the Chargers are the equivalent to that as a franchise

match made in reject heaven
                          P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                          P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                          P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                          P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

Working...
                          X