POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lyth
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Chargers job is very attractive. Potentially very good QB; difference makers like Bosa , Allen and if healthy DJ33. Ekeler is a very good player, Mike Williams. Defense and OL for sure need some upgrades but they have a lot going for them. Plenty of draft picks and cap space.
    The star players are attractive. I don't think the job is. No real fanbase. Fundamentals are so bad in lots of areas that you're starting from scratch. Personnel decisions are suspect, either because TT doesn't draft players who can get through games without mental mistakes or he's not making the decisions.

We're going to get another assistant coach that would sign any contract to be a HC.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      This is about Cleveland but it is what we need as well:

“But what Stefanski has done here isn’t just jump-starting a dormant franchise. He is exorcising 20 years of demons and dumbasses. He is disinfecting a toxic culture.” You really need to subscribe to @TheAthleticCLE. Superb writing/analysis.
      Now, who brought in the talent all that talent, in a two-year window, hired a bad a one-year coach, and left? GM John Dorsey. Dorsey was out in KC before that because Andy Reid and he didn't always see eye-to-eye on talent.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt

Belichicks Son?
        I meant McDaniels, but good point
        steve b jr is working his way onto the radar
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

I think it IS attractive to the right guy.

1. Franchise QB for the next 10 + years.
          2. Gorgeous new Stadium
          3. Playing in a large media market.

If you could turn this around... you will be a BIG deal. This is a Big Difference from the McCoy era when they were playing in a run down stadium in San Diego.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

The star players are attractive. I don't think the job is. No real fanbase. Fundamentals are so bad in lots of areas that you're starting from scratch. Personnel decisions are suspect, either because TT doesn't draft players who can get through games without mental mistakes or he's not making the decisions.

We're going to get another assistant coach that would sign any contract to be a HC.
            The Chargers can aim higher than a first time looking to be a HC. I am sure there are once-fired coaches who want a second chance - they do have egos.
            Pagano, McD, Bowles, Allen, Schwartz... I am sure there are others

I am an optimist when it comes to the Chargers - hope springs eternal. I mean, a guy like Del Rio might want the job - he was from LA, played at SC. Another crack at head ball coach.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Dont want Schwartz...not even as a DC.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                Keep hearing Josh McDaniels name pop up. All I can imagine is him while he was in Denver holding a play sheet in front of his face with no emotion.
                Trading Cutler, drafting Tebow.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I would take Hoodie Jr over any of the first time HC names I have been reading/hearing from the Coordinator ranks: Bieniemy, Arthur Smith, Joe Brady, Eberflus, the Rams DC - except maybe Dave TOub

(but knowing the Chargers, they see they have a good young QB so they will have a woodie making sure they get an offensive minded head coach instead of good football coach)
                  What is it about McDaniels that makes you think he was a good HC? I prefer the other newbies listed to a guy like McDaniels who would probably try to trade Herbert away in order to get Tebow as his QB again.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Dont want Schwartz...not even as a DC.
                    I did include but of the list above if choosing the DC type: Pagano, Bowles, Del Rio, Allen............................................. ................................................Sc hwartz

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                      This is about Cleveland but it is what we need as well:

“But what Stefanski has done here isn’t just jump-starting a dormant franchise. He is exorcising 20 years of demons and dumbasses. He is disinfecting a toxic culture.” You really need to subscribe to @TheAthleticCLE. Superb writing/analysis.
                      Sorry. He was a first timer and therefore we should never hire someone like him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

What is it about McDaniels that makes you think he was a good HC? I prefer the other newbies listed to a guy like McDaniels who would probably try to trade Herbert away in order to get Tebow as his QB again.
                        Because the model of picking a first time HC has not worked for the Chargers. I get that the Spanii being involved doesn't help. But my hope would be Josh McD has matured since his days in Denver. Maybe Josh has evolved. Who knows - but picking Arthur Smith - oooh boy, he is the OC for the 22nd best passing offense in the NFL; ooh boy, Joe Brady --- two years as an OC - that doesn't do anything for me.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Sorry. He was a first timer and therefore we should never hire someone like him.
                          Correct. But we do need an exorcism.

Comment

Working...
                          X