POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by maurile View Post
    I see a lot of people mentioning Kelly, but do you think he'd leave UCLA?
    Brian, not Chip!

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

What is Norv Turner doing now?

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Not chip. For myself i was referring to Brian Kelly from ND.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Not chip. For myself i was referring to Brian Kelly from ND.
          Right - its Brian Kelly not Chip
          that ship with Chip has sailed

Kelly is by far the tops on my list....

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

It’s a stain however you slice it
            was not professional, and he’ll never live it down
            all I’m saying is that he 100 knew and understood the consequences of backing out, and still chose to.
            he may be a bad person, but he also has a pair of balls on him.
            neither of those characteristics necessarily make him a good or bad choice for HC, just makes it hard to root for him.
            I can do hard.
            Besides the fear of being a quitter, the other concern is what he wants, which is essentially the same personnel powers that Belichick had in NE and what McDaniels had in Denver which was a disaster. He not only drafted Tebow thinking he could make him a viable QB but also gave up the chance to draft Earl Thomas by trading up the year before for Alphonso Smith. As a HC, he went 6-0 with the Broncos before collapsing to 8-8. The next year he got fired for essentially pulling a spygate on the 49ers. He also had the same issues as a lot of the BB disciples, most recently Patricia, which is the need to be like BB without the actual wins and rings.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Chip will probably get fired by UCLA. I would take him as head of sports science.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                What is Norv Turner doing now?
                Who cares!
                Norv isnt a team builder. Conservative and no killer instinct either. No Thanks!

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                  Besides the fear of being a quitter, the other concern is what he wants, which is essentially the same personnel powers that Belichick had in NE and what McDaniels had in Denver which was a disaster. He not only drafted Tebow thinking he could make him a viable QB but also gave up the chance to draft Earl Thomas by trading up the year before for Alphonso Smith. As a HC, he went 6-0 with the Broncos before collapsing to 8-8. The next year he got fired for essentially pulling a spygate on the 49ers. He also had the same issues as a lot of the BB disciples, most recently Patricia, which is the need to be like BB without the actual wins and rings.
                  First off, I give you credit for making performance arguments vs character ones.
                  I see a lot of positives here again
                  there were a lot of thigns that let to the McDaniels Broncos demise, but they did have that great start and Tebow did eventually beat the Steelers in a playoff game the following year— to me, Josh was potentially building something there. He had the ego/confidence to think he could turn Tebow into an NFL QB, given more than a year, he may have done the impossible
                  and WHY would he go so unconventional? Because he’s trying to “cheat” the game, again, another strength
                  the ability to think outside of the box and win now, who knows if Tebow was in his long term plan, but he had a plan and didn’t have enough time to see it through—his fault ultimately no doubt, but I’m impressed with aggressive moves all around. And ya his first year as GM/HC he passed on Earl, jesus, how many times every year do multiple veteran GMs pass on HOF talent?
                  Hes not a sure thing, if he were, we would be competing with every team for him but instead he’ll settle for someone, as will we.
                  I think we need to be ahead of the curve SOMEWHERE we can’t keep trying to do the same, and we can’t continue to play it safe, we need someone who is motivated to have a high risk/high reward plan.
                  adding Josh changes the culture into a hyperaggressive attitude that embraces the villain role that will try to couple the offensive rules with a potential MVP qb to have the highest powered offense in football
                  we can’t all be mike tomlin or tony dungy with their skeletons nice and buried in their closets
                  P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                  P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                  P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                  P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

First off, I give you credit for making performance arguments vs character ones.
                    I see a lot of positives here again
                    there were a lot of thigns that let to the McDaniels Broncos demise, but they did have that great start and Tebow did eventually beat the Steelers in a playoff game the following year— to me, Josh was potentially building something there. He had the ego/confidence to think he could turn Tebow into an NFL QB, given more than a year, he may have done the impossible
                    and WHY would he go so unconventional? Because he’s trying to “cheat” the game, again, another strength
                    the ability to think outside of the box and win now, who knows if Tebow was in his long term plan, but he had a plan and didn’t have enough time to see it through—his fault ultimately no doubt, but I’m impressed with aggressive moves all around. And ya his first year as GM/HC he passed on Earl, jesus, how many times every year do multiple veteran GMs pass on HOF talent?
                    Hes not a sure thing, if he were, we would be competing with every team for him but instead he’ll settle for someone, as will we.
                    I think we need to be ahead of the curve SOMEWHERE we can’t keep trying to do the same, and we can’t continue to play it safe, we need someone who is motivated to have a high risk/high reward plan.
                    adding Josh changes the culture into a hyperaggressive attitude that embraces the villain role that will try to couple the offensive rules with a potential MVP qb to have the highest powered offense in football
                    we can’t all be mike tomlin or tony dungy with their skeletons nice and buried in their closets
                    Thats the thing. Is there a known quantity out there to hire for this coaching position? New guy, one fired guys that weren't successful. Some guys like Caldwell or Pagano that had success. College guys -0 like Harbaugh or Kelly

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Let's be optimistic for a moment, If John Spanos can hit on a rookie QB, stands to reason he could hit on a HC in 2021. Two months from today and two 3rd Round Draft picks is what it will take.

Chargers v. Chiefs could become the best rivalry in football.

Eric Bieiniemy gets the offensive unit over 200 plays ready as OC after he receives Andy Reid's list for the offensive game-plan. Every week. That 3,200 plays without preseason or postseason preparation. It's Eric that oversees the execution of this unit, the best on the team and in the entire league.

Last January in the divisional playoff game his squad hung 51 points on the Texans.

Bieniemy.jpg
                      3200 plays? Its not 200 NEW plays every week. Plays on a sheet are great, but coaching in real time in real games separates the winners and losers. Andy calls plays and makes decisions in game. He’s pretty stacked with exceptional talent on offense as well. Norv was great in latter ‘00s when Charger offense was at peak firepower. Norv was even better with the HOF-stocked Cowboy roster.

I have no ax against Eric, i just don’t know why he’s qualified to be HC? Maybe he is.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

So is the main storyline right now The Chargers owners believe Anthony Lynn is such a nice guy that they don't want to fire him, and plan to keep him as coach for next season, and this is the main factor? Are you kidding me??

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats the thing. Is there a known quantity out there to hire for this coaching position? New guy, one fired guys that weren't successful. Some guys like Caldwell or Pagano that had success. College guys -0 like Harbaugh or Kelly
                          Jim Harbaugh is the man for the job! He can be had it seems for offering him a good fair NFL HC contract,(*Spanos should ask his agent what his price would be to coach the LA CHARGERS and match it),... If he comes aboard the NFL train this next season it looks like the Lions are the early favorite to hire him tho? Sucks for us.

*This season I would pay the big dollars for the new HC, and maybe cut or trade a few high price players this season, and maybe save on FA spending, if it meant getting a coach like Harbaugh or BB.

Comment

Working...
                          X