POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iowachargers 70
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree about wanting a person with HC experience. Even if once failed

At one point, I wanted Billick to be HC - but I am sure that ship has sailed with his time away from the league.
    Rex Ryan fits that first statement.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Maybe hire somebody who has been a head coach

Matt Rhule doing a nice job in Carolina

I think thats why I am on the Shaw bandwagon when I remembered his name the other day.
      Beach has been suggesting Shaw for at least 2 years if not more.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Beach has been suggesting Shaw for at least 2 years if not more.
        I think Shaw makes more at Stanford than he will get from Spanos. Why leave a place he can stay as long as he wants vs a franchise with bad ownership?

Comment

• CivilBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Agreed. John Spanos saw no role for himself with Andy Reid as the head football man, and voted for the candidate who would not put John Spanos' adult fantasy camp as a as football executive, at risk.
          It is like my old job, the son-in-law didn’t know sh*t about construction but the owner/father-in-law made him a VP.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think Shaw makes more at Stanford than he will get from Spanos. Why leave a place he can stay as long as he wants vs a franchise with bad ownership?
            Shaw is the highest paid coach in the Pac 12 at a bit over $4m/year.... in the NFL he would double his salary.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Shaw is the highest paid coach in the Pac 12 at a bit over $4m/year.... in the NFL he would double his salary.
              Doesn’t Chip Kelly make more than that?

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Doesn’t Chip Kelly make more than that?
                he might make close to that, but a blurb I read the other day showed Shaw @the top of the list for the Pac 12.
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

well then that eliminates him getting hired here

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

well then that eliminates him getting hired here
                    Just want a solid football coach like Marty or Boss Ross
                    No fancy bells of being an offensive whiz bang mastermind for the sake of Herbert.
                    Popper has been so hung on helping Herbert that I thnk it needs to be about the team. Pep Hamilton has shown a good assistant, and if you want to include Steichen, thats fine in the growth of HErbert

Where the Chargers are lacking is the HEAD FOOTBALL COACH!!

David Shaw
                    I think even today I would be okay with Brian Kelly over the names Popper threw out: joe brady , arthur smith or kellen moore, you got to be kidding me!
                    I would still be okay with Schwartz, Josh McD - and maybe even Dennis Allen or Todd Bowles over these so called offensive hot shots

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

It is like my old job, the son-in-law didn’t know sh*t about construction but the owner/father-in-law made him a VP.
                      Yep...it's called "nepotism"--hiring a friend or family member for a job, instead of searching for the best-qualified candidate. And when the Spani went the nepotism route by hiring Baby Spanos instead of a true football guy, it was the beginning of the end for the Chargers...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...it's called "nepotism"--hiring a friend or family member for a job, instead of searching for the best-qualified candidate. And when the Spani went the nepotism route by hiring Baby Spanos instead of a true football guy, it was the beginning of the end for the Chargers...
                        And I have read that because Dean was the oldest son, in Greek tradition he was gifted the Chargers. And Dean comes across as dense, obtuse. Its like he has zero PR skills, business savvy. And if his kids are involved - probably the same

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The primary problem is that these guys can't select the right head coach. Telesco, if he has had no part in the head coaching decisions, should return. Good coaching staffs always seem to eventually assemble competent Olines with depth. Bad luck on the health of young players has not helped.

Comment

Working...
                          X