POLL: Who Should Be The Chargers' Next Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

An explanation of why he backed out, for whatever it is worth:

https://www.si.com/nfl/patriots/gm-r...-ditched-colts
    "To bring this back around - McDaniels had three head-coaching interviews lined up prior to this week. Why, when he had such a shady past with the Colts? Because the situation may have not played out back in February of 2018 like we had originally thought. McDaniels wanted, and still wants clarification on how every little aspect of football operations is going to take place, which is why he ditched the Colts two off-seasons ago, and why he will make sure he gets all his questions answered this time around before he takes another HC job. "
    Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I still would take Josh over a lot of these young up and comers. Lets go hire Arthur Smith - his passing offense in TN is, wait for it... wait for it.... 22nd in the league. Oh but Ryan Tannehill can sure hand the ball off to Derrick Henry good thats all ARthur Smtih right there.
      wait a minute.... and what is Josh's offense ranked ??

right.... wait for it,

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

wait a minute.... and what is Josh's offense ranked ??

right.... wait for it,
        Josh has a body of work that is pretty impressive. Who knows if its Hoodie and Brady or he played a part in it.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Josh has a body of work that is pretty impressive. Who knows if its Hoodie and Brady or he played a part in it.
          Either way he's been sandwiched between two greats...some of that shit has to rub off on him.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Either way he's been sandwiched between two greats...some of that shit has to rub off on him.
            The Telesco connection could be in play for two coaches that I see.. Josh and Kelly

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

whatever part he played.... the last three years running.... 5th, 15th and now ranked 22nd,

Joe Brady.... from nowhere/no one.... to 7th,
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

The Telesco connection could be in play for two coaches that I see.. Josh and Kelly
                I’d love either
                Make it happen tommy boy
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

A little snippet of Bienemy’s offensive philosophy. Even though he had a similar background to Lynn, I like that he is embracing offensive analytics.

A head-coaching candidate, Eric Bieniemy offered some motivational words while speaking at the third annual Quarterback Coaching Summit.

As coaches, we have to grow’

Bieniemy understands that his path to becoming an offensive coordinator, by the league’s most recent standards, was unconventional. Before Reid promoted him, Bieniemy was the Chiefs’ running backs assistant for five years. As a player, Bieniemy was a ferocious running back during his nine-year career. Most offensive coordinators in the league were once quarterback assistants, not running backs assistants.

When his coaching career began, Bieniemy believed in the value of a balanced offensive attack that uses the running back for plenty of production. With the Chiefs, Bieniemy has changed his philosophy. He and Reid are always in favor of throwing the ball instead of running, particularly on first down. Bieniemy knows the Chiefs’ roster is designed to be most explosive with Mahomes passing the ball. When building the Chiefs’ game plans, Bieniemy has embraced offensive analytics, always eager to implement new ideas that could give the offense an advantage.

“I’ve joked about this for the longest time: If Eric Bieniemy can be enthralled with a passing game — and I am a former running back who coached the running back position — I’m all good,” he said. “The game is changing. As coaches, we have to grow and make sure we’re doing what is best to give us the best opportunity to be successful.”

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

"To bring this back around - McDaniels had three head-coaching interviews lined up prior to this week. Why, when he had such a shady past with the Colts? Because the situation may have not played out back in February of 2018 like we had originally thought. McDaniels wanted, and still wants clarification on how every little aspect of football operations is going to take place, which is why he ditched the Colts two off-seasons ago, and why he will make sure he gets all his questions answered this time around before he takes another HC job. "
                    Should have gotten clarification before accepting the job and telling other coaches to come work for him. Good thing Reich was gracious enough to keep McDaniel’s staff for the most part especially Eberflus.

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      Should have gotten clarification before accepting the job and telling other coaches to come work for him. Good thing Reich was gracious enough to keep McDaniel’s staff for the most part especially Eberflus.
                      I think he got cold feet. This was his second coaching gig and going into a bad situation would spell his final chance at being a head coach. I can't get into his head but he definitely has to answer up for it in future interviews.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        It’s a stain however you slice it
                        was not professional, and he’ll never live it down
                        all I’m saying is that he 100 knew and understood the consequences of backing out, and still chose to.
                        he may be a bad person, but he also has a pair of balls on him.
                        neither of those characteristics necessarily make him a good or bad choice for HC, just makes it hard to root for him.
                        I can do hard.
                        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• maurile
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I see a lot of people mentioning Kelly, but do you think he'd leave UCLA?

Comment

Working...
                          X