• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

he sure as hell aint working to get a fat contract anywhere. maybe working to get fat.
    Melvin had his last year in L.A. fully guaranteed by the Chargers as a lovely parting gift. Melvin is off-the-books in 2021.

IMHO, In the off-season, The Chargers need to do some cutting too. Beachcomber is right, Trai Turner is a not going to be the 4th highest paid Charger another season. Ain't happening. Cut him.

Los Angeles Chargers 2021 salary cap, contracts, cap figures, salaries, free agents, and transactions, including bonus breakdowns, team payrolls and more.

Trai Turner and Tyrod Taylor, cut. Casey Heyward too. Let Hunter Henry walk in free agency.

Virgil Green's last catch before he went on IR w/ an ankle was a TD catch. Indy found Rivers a Trey Burton, surely we can find a cheaper TE than Hunter Henry's meager production versus his exorbitant salary. I want to save up to put that money into a CB that can play man or zone.

The Chargers have got to be able to be able to field a talent base that can play both man and zone coverage. They don't have that. Nor do they possess the head coach or the defensive coordinator to coach them.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Hunter will stay. Hunter is a complete TE who can block and run routes and catch. Burton cant hold his jock and hasnt done much in his career and doesnt start in Indy.

Green is a blocking TE. He isnt much as a pass catching TE.

As great as Gates was for us as a recieving TE, he wasnt much of a blocker. Henry is good at both.
      Id be very surprised if they let Henry leave in FA. He is on a franchise tag which is why his cap hit is high.

The rest, C-Ya
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-26-2020, 04:42 PM.

Comment

• Velo
        Ride!
        • Aug 2019
        • Everywhere
        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

agree with you 100%. It was much more enjoyable for me when the actual game was the entertainment. Now it’s video boards, amped up chants lead by hyper volume PA people. Also prefer outdoors and grass and with SoFi in LA there is just no excuse for turf.

I went to Carson games. It was so easy getting in and out and everybody was close. Unfortunately the Charger fans were very often outnumbered and it was a battle in the stands every week. The year we went 12-4 was fine because we had bragging rights. Last season was just humiliating
        Well darn it, I wish now I had made the effort to go to at least one Carson game. My 49ers fan brother and I discussed the possibility of going to the Niners game at StubHub that summer (2018), but it didn't happen. I really enjoy(ed) the minor league stadium in Sacramento where the River Cats play. It's only about 25,000 capacity, and they have a lawn behind right field where you can bring your own low-sit chair and watch, like an outdoor concert. You can stand in the back if you want. Sadly though the owners of the team dropped their affiliation with the A's - my favorite MLB team - in favor of the Giants and I stopped going to games there.

I also enjoyed moderately-sized Oakland-Alameda stadium. When I was in high school in the '70s the A's won three straight World Series and during the playoffs we could spontaneously decide to go to a game and drive over and buy tickets at the gate a few hours before the game. I had some great experiences there as a teen. Then the f*ckers ruined it by installing "Mt. Davis" behind center field in order to entice the Raiders back from L.A., only to tarp it off because the Raiders couldn't sell tickets. I liked the Murph OK for Padres games on days it wasn't too crowded back in the '80s. I did go to several Chargers games at the Murph over the years, and I can't really complain about the experience, except they never won.

A cousin by marriage had blocks of Niners seats at Candlestick in the early 2000s and always offered them to family. I went a few times but didn't really enjoy the experience so I stopped going. The last time I went to a game at the SF Giants waterfront stadium it was called Pac Bell Park. I don't really enjoy going to games there either. Going to that Niner game in 1970 at old Kezar, my first NFL game in person, is tops though. Kezar is in Golden Gate Park, which made the experience more incredible. I also enjoyed watching games when I was in college at San Jose State at Spartan Stadium, which was about 30,000 capacity. We could walk to games, which made it very nice.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          Hunter will stay. Hunter is a complete TE who can block and run routes and catch. Burton cant hold his jock and hasnt done much in his career and doesnt start in Indy. Green is a blocking TE. He isnt much as a pass catching TE. As great as Gates was for us as a recieving TE, he wasnt much of a blocker.
          Id be very surprised if they let Henry leave in FA. He is on a franchise tag which is why his cap hit is high.

The rest, C-Ya
          If that's ALL we differ on here, I take it as a good thing. I think you'll come around on Hunter Henry. I was exactly where you are three months ago on Henry. Now? Production doesn't fit the salary allocation, IMO.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Well darn it, I wish now I had made the effort to go to at least one Carson game. My 49ers fan brother and I discussed the possibility of going to the Niners game at StubHub that summer (2018), but it didn't happen. I really enjoy(ed) the minor league stadium in Sacramento where the River Cats play. It's only about 25,000 capacity, and they have a lawn behind right field where you can bring your own low-sit chair and watch, like an outdoor concert. You can stand in the back if you want. Sadly though the owners of the team dropped their affiliation with the A's - my favorite MLB team - in favor of the Giants and I stopped going to games there.

I also enjoyed moderately-sized Oakland-Alameda stadium. When I was in high school in the '70s the A's won three straight World Series and during the playoffs we could spontaneously decide to go to a game and drive over and buy tickets at the gate a few hours before the game. I had some great experiences there as a teen. Then the f*ckers ruined it by installing "Mt. Davis" behind center field in order to entice the Raiders back from L.A., only to tarp it off because the Raiders couldn't sell tickets. I liked the Murph OK for Padres games on days it wasn't too crowded back in the '80s. I did go to several Chargers games at the Murph over the years, and I can't really complain about the experience, except they never won.

A cousin by marriage had blocks of Niners seats at Candlestick in the early 2000s and always offered them to family. I went a few times but didn't really enjoy the experience so I stopped going. The last time I went to a game at the SF Giants waterfront stadium it was called Pac Bell Park. I don't really enjoy going to games there either. Going to that Niner game in 1970 at old Kezar, my first NFL game in person, is tops though. Kezar is in Golden Gate Park, which made the experience more incredible. I also enjoyed watching games when I was in college at San Jose State at Spartan Stadium, which was about 30,000 capacity. We could walk to games, which made it very nice.
            Where Inspector Callahan has Scorpio cornered at the football field in Dirty Harry: Kezar Stadium

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Where Inspector Callahan has Scorpio cornered at the football field in Dirty Harry: Kezar Stadium

Classic piece of cinema right there. America was just getting used to the idea that serial killers existed.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

Hunter will stay. Hunter is a complete TE who can block and run routes and catch. Burton cant hold his jock and hasnt done much in his career and doesnt start in Indy. Green is a blocking TE. He isnt much as a pass catching TE. As great as Gates was for us as a recieving TE, he wasnt much of a blocker.

The rest, C-Ya
                Hunter may not be Travis Kelce but he's a Top 10 TE who has really good hands and, like KA, has established a rapport with Herbert. I sure hope he's a part of the long term plan.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

He won't get Kelse or Kittle money which is around 15 per.

But, If they can get him for 9 per year, I'd do it. 4 years, 36 mil. That would put him around mid top 10.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Hunter will stay. Hunter is a complete TE who can block and run routes and catch. Burton cant hold his jock and hasnt done much in his career and doesnt start in Indy.

Green is a blocking TE. He isnt much as a pass catching TE.

As great as Gates was for us as a recieving TE, he wasnt much of a blocker. Henry is good at both.

The rest, C-Ya
                    Henry shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as Gates when it comes to receiving. As a blocker he’s ok. Gates wasn’t much of a blocker and Marilyn Monroe wasn’t much of a cook either.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Henry is third in receptions by a TE with 41, behind Kelce (66) and Waller (60).

He is 6th in receiving yards with 435. Kelce (896) and Waller (519) lead the pack. Then it drops off to Kittle with (474), Mark Andrews (454) and TJ Hockenson (441).

Henry's 3 TDs is tied for 11th. Kelce and Jonnu Smith lead with 7.

Waller has emerged as a top tier TE with Kelce, then there is a drop off to 2nd tier, and Henry is one of the better ones in tier 2.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Henry shouldn’t be mentioned in the same breath as Gates when it comes to receiving. As a blocker he’s ok. Gates wasn’t much of a blocker and Marilyn Monroe wasn’t much of a cook either.
                        Don't think I did that. I said as great as Gates was as a reviever, he wasn't much of a blocker. Henry is good at both.

With six games to go, Henry will reach 60 - 70 receptions. He had 55 in 12 games last season.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

He won't get Kelse or Kittle money which is around 15 per.

But, If they can get him for 9 per year, I'd do it. 4 years, 36 mil. That would put him around mid top 10.
                          think he's gonna cost $10m/year for three years.... maybe the fourth year can be a team option ??

would you do that ?? eye prolly would given the seeming rapport he has w/Herbert.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X