• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
    Hunter Henry should be re-signed. Pinch pennies elsewhere. We have a whole roster of unproductive and overpaid players... choose one to cut or replace. Compare the $9 million we'll pay Henry to the $11.5 million we'll pay Trai Turner to sit in the trainer's room. Or the $15 million we'll pay Mike Williams next year to catch fewer passes than Henry currently catches. We have so many holes in our roster... why should we create another...? Which round's pick should we burn..? Will it make us better at the position...? Can other positions be improved with that pick...?

If I'm looking to save money... I'd start with Turner. Absolutely no dead cap with that cut. Use the savings to sign one really productive player at guard... or any other position. I like the FA centers... and think it's a more vital position.

I like Denzel Perryman... he's having a career year. But we have his clone in Murray Jr. If we let Denzel walk, we don't have to replace him via the draft. Instead, you find a WILL to replace Kyzir (possibly).

Let's get better at OT, OC, DE, CB, WILL, and RB through the draft. Chargers have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. They could/should be starters within a couple years.

Trim the fat, resign your own that have earned their keep, and for God's sake... draft better.
    THIS THIS THIS!

Herbie has shown an affinity for Hunter. Nobody here seems to remember the shirt show our TE group was when we went out to injury, Other places to save the money, Henry is a solid top tier (not best, i said top tier) TE. Oh, and i have noticed the neglect of this all week so let me be the first:

Fuck The Bills.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

THIS THIS THIS!

Herbie has shown an affinity for Hunter. Nobody here seems to remember the shirt show our TE group was when we went out to injury, Other places to save the money, Henry is a solid top tier (not best, i said top tier) TE. Oh, and i have noticed the neglect of this all week so let me be the first:

Fuck The Bills.
      Better teams have multiple TEs who can make plays in the passing game. The Chargers only have Henry. Parham is a one trick pony so far, and hasn't been lights out exactly at that one thing. I'd like to see him more involved. He is so dominating he should be able to be more than just a red zone target. Virgil Green is what he has always been - a couple of catchers per year guy, and now he's injured and on the wrong side of 32. Stephen Anderson is just going to block and that's it apparently. I don't see you not bring back HH. And find another TE behind him who can contribute in the passing game.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Better teams have multiple TEs who can make plays in the passing game. The Chargers only have Henry. Parham is a one trick pony so far, and hasn't been lights out exactly at that one thing. I'd like to see him more involved. He is so dominating he should be able to be more than just a red zone target. Virgil Green is what he has always been - a couple of catchers per year guy, and now he's injured and on the wrong side of 32. Stephen Anderson is just going to block and that's it apparently. I don't see you not bring back HH. And find another TE behind him who can contribute in the passing game.
        remember how great we were when we had:

Winslow - future HOfer..... phenomenal at receiving, could block, block kicks, throw passes with a rocket of an arm, aqnd play deep coverage on hail mary situations....
        Seivers - dependable all round TE like Henry.....
        Houlahan - second great dependable receiving TE.... as good as most of the top TE's today......

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Last year when we lost him, it was easy for teams to take away WRs and shut the Charges down. He’s important to the offense, and Justin definitely seems to be finding him. I see him getting better next year, its not like he’s entering the back end of his career.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Foxx
            Bills Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Bills Country
            • Send PM

Hopefully we see a good, clean, safe, injury free game Sunday.

I always thought Lynn was a good coach, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time here in Buffalo. Would have loved to see him at a different time without that clown show, Rex.

I think you guys got a good one in Herbert, he sure can sling the rock.

Go Bills!
            buffalo bills discussion board

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Foxx View Post
              Hopefully we see a good, clean, safe, injury free game Sunday.

I always thought Lynn was a good coach, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time here in Buffalo. Would have loved to see him at a different time without that clown show, Rex.

I think you guys got a good one in Herbert, he sure can sling the rock.

Go Bills!
              Welcome aboard, Foxx. You've got a good one in Allen, also...

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Last year when we lost him, it was easy for teams to take away WRs and shut the Charges down. He’s important to the offense, and Justin definitely seems to be finding him. I see him getting better next year, its not like he’s entering the back end of his career.
                When healthy, Henry's a good solid TE, like Seivers was.... not HOF quality like Winslow or Gates, but solid TE....

Key to resigning him is does he finish this year healthy..... he has never had an injury-free season before.... this year might be his first..... hopefully he does.....

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I think Henry is a better overall player than Sievers. Not to take anything away from Sievers but just think Henry is better. Faster, quicker, better hands.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    I think Henry is a better overall player than Sievers. Not to take anything away from Sievers but just think Henry is better. Faster, quicker, better hands.
                    Agree with this.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      better athlete.... yes, but not healthier or better blocker, or more consistent...... that coryell team was loaded talent wise..... many HOF starters and great depth

My point is we need to add a Winslow/Gates(who would be by far the best TE's in football right now,,,,not very many great TE's today) quality TE as our primary receiving TE..... that would really put alot of pressure on a defense...

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

THIS THIS THIS!

Fuck The Bills.
                        Agree to resign if Henry stays healthy the rest of season....... if he gets seriously hurt again, then let him go and get the added comp pick.....

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Ekeler activated!

fehoko activated!!! My favorite guy from Hard Knocks!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X