Front Office: Who Decides on the Next Chargers Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
    Dodds scares me!
    I like to be scared.....
    Plus, we use the same barber.
    I get its just a snapshot of a guy - but I do think Telesco has run its course. Another 10+ loss season on his resume. And if you fire the GM, you might as well fire the HC. He hasn't won a division in his tenure. The teams record in the AFCW is abysmal.

I like the idea of Rick Smith - had pretty good success in Houston. Dobbs does have the energy and working for Seattle and now Ballard - a good mix of organizational thoughts and process. Goes back to Al and the Raid-uhhsss

Riddick of course - dude would be up for the challenge

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Wow - an old tweet of mine!

I don't think the John Spanos thing will ever end no matter who the GM is - what else is he going to do?
      That exchange and it's ramifications are it's own thread entirely, Rich. Predicated on the fact that Krasovic pointed out - Nothing has changed!

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

That exchange and it's ramifications are it's own thread entirely, Rich. Predicated on the fact that Krasovic pointed out - Nothing has changed!
        Well - the results haven't changed. We have changed virtually the entire roster and coaching staff in the past 8 years.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Well - the results haven't changed. We have changed virtually the entire roster and coaching staff in the past 8 years.
          Four years. Everything including the city & the uniforms have been changed, and the on-field results haven't changed a bit. It's still SpanosBall.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

First time I've heard Eric Bieniemy and Dorsey were a package-deal. I've never been more positive neither will end up in Chargerland now.

There's no place for John Spanos in this power structure.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Jeremiah may be better in an assistant GM role. Unless we go like the Niners and give equal power to the HC and GM.
              don't think there's any question, that if for some reason TT is let go, that Jeremiah is likely @the top of the list, and....

agree, as have long volunteered that perhaps best bet is to bring him in as Asst. GM and w/Dorsey as VP of Football Ops, and 'specially as....

really think Tommy T. has done pretty much everything asked of him and as he is much more our de facto GM, rather than the hands on/has taken the reins kind of general manager.

he is a pretty darn good guy, who has high marks for his public relations ability in dealing w/the press and the such, and has enough football in him to handle the job as GM.

Jeremiah could help, but don't think he is any messiah when it comes to talent eval either, albeit do think that he would mesh well/easily w/team Tommy John, and....

not sure eye can say the same 'bout the prospects of Dorsey working here, but then again, do think our FO needs to be a little bit tougher, 'specially when negotiating contracts, and perhaps being a bit more aggressive/proactive in making trades and seeking out personnel moves ??

ps. will add that our FO can't just keep piling on assistants and the such, and that if the two abovementioned execs were brought on, then young John needs to let go of a coupla few ex AJ guys in his draft/personnel dept.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I get its just a snapshot of a guy - but I do think Telesco has run its course. Another 10+ loss season on his resume. And if you fire the GM, you might as well fire the HC. He hasn't won a division in his tenure. The teams record in the AFCW is abysmal.
                One thing I don't like about Telesco is he hardly makes any moves or trades during the season. If he does, it's only for draft picks. Probably contributes a bit to why the team doesn't do better during the regular season. He relies too much on the off-season to shape the team's roster. Don't know how much that has to do with conserving the money spent going to the Spanos pockets.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Great article Xenos
                  thanks
                  Dodds impresses
                  I like his competitive spirit. Of course, that nature can easily be a double edged sword like it was with AJ. But he’s one of the guys I’m keeping an eye on because of the Colts recent OL draft success.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Schoen would probably bring Daboll -

Dodds - who knows, Eberflus with him

I still think if Telesco is let go - Riddick involved as GM. Jeremiah also has a lot of knowledge about the team.

I liked the GM choices from Popper better than his HC candidates
                    There were rumors about Dodds and Saleh last offseason. But who knows if it’ll be the same this year.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                      There were rumors about Dodds and Saleh last offseason. But who knows if it’ll be the same this year.
                      I still prefer a one time coach or if going first time, Dave Toub. But, with Saleh, at least you going to the other side of the ball and he probably brings one of the two coordinators from the Niners - so thats a good start.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

I still prefer a one time coach or if going first time, Dave Toub. But, with Saleh, at least you going to the other side of the ball and he probably brings one of the two coordinators from the Niners - so thats a good start.
                        Saleh is connected with Mike McDaniel as OC. I hear great things about him, particularly that he’s as offensively savvy as Shanahan.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Four years. Everything including the city & the uniforms have been changed, and the on-field results haven't changed a bit. It's still SpanosBall.
                          Been saying that for a while now. The move to LA did absolutely nothing to change the culture of this organization.

Comment

Working...
                          X