Front Office: Who Decides on the Next Chargers Head Coach?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I agree with nearly all this. In terms of a football man, I want John Dorsey.

download.jpeg

This man did the impossible. Dorsey was hired by Cleveland following the Browns’ 0-16 season.

As GM, he turned around the culture in Cleveland and the Cleveland Browns are legitimately in the playoff hunt for the first time since 1995. He did it all in two years.

Then, Dorsey hired a bad coach in Freddie Kitchens, then he chose to leave rather than stay in a restructured front office under the awful Browns owner Jim Haslett.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...238866988.html

This is the guy.

Who responsible for the KC Chiefs roster? Dorsey deserves alot of the credit.

Can John Dorsey & Eric Bieniemy or Dave Toub, build the same kind of success in L.A. that they have in building the KC Chiefs?

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Ranking John Dorsey’s 7 best moves as Browns GM

Make it eight: Trading offensive guard Kevin Zeitler for defensive end Olivier Vernon

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Not one of these successful organizations had a son or a son-in-law in the front office making football decision. Not one.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Not one of these successful organizations had a son or a son-in-law in the front office making football decision. Not one.
          Who cares...shall we give john credit for helping select Herbert as QB? I mean he's co- GM. Must be a genius? Look, we Had al Davis and Jerry Jones muddling in affairs and they've had some ups and downs. Are we going to blame John for McCoy or Lynne? Maybe he selected Gus Bradley?!?!??! That would put him in the shit house for sure!
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Who cares...shall we give john credit for helping select Herbert as QB? I mean he's co- GM. Must be a genius? Look, we Had al Davis and Jerry Jones muddling in affairs and they've had some ups and downs. Are we going to blame John for McCoy or Lynne? Maybe he selected Gus Bradley?!?!??! That would put him in the shit house for sure!

I'm trying to point out the two decision makers who are ultimately responsible and need to be held accountable are Tom Telesco and John Spanos. John being allowed to run the team as a hobby must end.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

No answer from Daniel Popper.

I'll speculate: Because even Daniel Popper isn't being told the truth about who wields power in Los Angeles' front office.

That would mean exposing accountability to John Spanos. Yikes.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BigBad View Post

Bengals are going to get him.
                Shut yo mouf fool!
                G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                  I want the person that decides the next head coach , if Lynn is fired, to channel their inner Beathard or Butler and hire Boss Ross or, "quite frankly", Marty again.

Jeez - just give me that damn football coach. Thats it - just a solid football coach. I don't need razzle,dazzle on offense or the next guy who invents the 46 defense, just a good solid coach. The guy who brought up Wade - I know he is 73- but that guy is a good solid NFL coach . Well on defense, he is more than that
                  OMG!.... no old conservative dinosaurs that have no clue how to score points and that that is the most important thing in NFL today with todays rules...... you have to out score teams to win.....

and BTW, Lynn is almost a clone of Marty.......if Taylor had not gotten hurt, Lynn had no intention of playing Herbert ever....... Lynn would have been happy winning or losing every game by low boring close scores of 13-10......

don't replace a dinosaur with a dinosaur....

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                    I agree with nearly all this. In terms of a football man, I want John Dorsey.

download.jpeg

This man did the impossible. Dorsey was hired by Cleveland following the Browns’ 0-16 season.

As GM, he turned around the culture in Cleveland and the Cleveland Browns are legitimately in the playoff hunt for the first time since 1995. He did it all in two years.

Then, Dorsey hired a bad coach in Freddie Kitchens, then he chose to leave rather than stay in a restructured front office under the awful Browns owner Jim Haslett.

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...238866988.html

This is the guy.

Who responsible for the KC Chiefs roster? Dorsey deserves alot of the credit.

Can John Dorsey & Eric Bieniemy or Dave Toub, build the same kind of success in L.A. that they have in building the KC Chiefs?
                    Dorsey is a good GM, but Reid is the biggest factor for KC's success...... He brought in Alex smith and dominated AFC West.... Reid after dominating west with Smith at QB, he had the balls to trade up and draft Mahomes, the only QB from that gimmick Texas Tech system ever to have success...... and it was Reid who knew the best way to use that KC talent to dominate......

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Dorsey is a good GM, but Reid is the biggest factor for KC's success...... He brought in Alex smith and dominated AFC West.... Reid after dominating west with Smith at QB, he had the balls to trade up and draft Mahomes, the only QB from that gimmick Texas Tech system ever to have success...... and it was Reid who knew the best way to use that KC talent to dominate......
                      Now do John Dorsey and Cleveland.

Comment

• kgbpasha
                        #болтап
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

These clowns got lucky and selected Herbert by default.
                        He outplayed Tyrod in camp but the clowns wouldn't/couldn't see it.
                        They'd be idiots to not hitch their wagon to this star.
                        again,
                        They'd be idiots to not hitch their wagon to this star.
                        Give him an o-line (ala n.e. pats) and own the league.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

OMG!.... no old conservative dinosaurs that have no clue how to score points and that that is the most important thing in NFL today with todays rules...... you have to out score teams to win.....

and BTW, Lynn is almost a clone of Marty.......if Taylor had not gotten hurt, Lynn had no intention of playing Herbert ever....... Lynn would have been happy winning or losing every game by low boring close scores of 13-10......

don't replace a dinosaur with a dinosaur....
                          So you want a fancy dancy hot ship whipper snapper that doesn't know jack s**t. Mike McCoy - sucked; Kevin Gilbride - sucked; Anthony Lynn - should be fired

Give me a person that has been a coach at least once so. the team is further ahead on Day 1, Day 100, etc

My list is pretty much the same - might add Matt Campbell to it

Comment

Working...
                          X