Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I feel you...I too have thrown in the towel on Lynn....was getting there since Denver, but this last one was a smack upside the head. I think Rivers was running the show, screaming in Lynns ear what to do half the time, LOL.

We got some players and another good draft coming up...we will get this thing turned around quick folks...happens all the time in todays NFL, and we are primed for it. Just have to grin and bear the rest of this season. At least we got some stars in Bosa, Herbert, Ekelor, Allen...can't name any stars on a lot of the teams we will be picking next to, so...yea. I think we are primed for a bounce back. Just need to get the right coach...fingers crossed.
    This team needs an entirely new offensive line, one or two WRs behind KA, a back up TE who can make plays in the running game, and maybe RB help, depending on how Ballage does in a tandem with AE in the remaining games. On defense, it needs run defenders. It got gashed again by the Bills, one of the worst running offenses in the league. I don't know if that means interior DL or LBs. It also needs to replace Melvin Ingram (who I think is gone) and a superior CB if Hayward truly is in decline.

Comment

• kgbpasha
      #болтап
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

This team needs an entirely new offensive line, one or two WRs behind KA, a back up TE who can make plays in the running game, and maybe RB help, depending on how Ballage does in a tandem with AE in the remaining games. On defense, it needs run defenders. It got gashed again by the Bills, one of the worst running offenses in the league. I don't know if that means interior DL or LBs. It also needs to replace Melvin Ingram (who I think is gone) and a superior CB if Hayward truly is in decline.
      None of that matters if you have a coach who takes a timeout to punt and then calls a run play with no time outs with time ticking away.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

​Lamp and Feeney have only been together this year, and with Tevi but no Trai.

Another Safety is contigent upon Jenkins price/value. We need more picks and better tackling.

Some of TTs selections (Adderley, Murray) have been athletic but not fundamentally sound.

I would expect a new DC to change it up.
        Thats what i see as the biggest need.

But i dont see Jenkins or Perryman as being expensive.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I expect us, you Boltjolt, me, everyone, to disagree on personnel, draft strategy, coaching.

That's healthy debate.

Pull the plug on this mess.

I tried to hang on for continuity's sake.

It is too embarrassing now to wear my new $45 authentic Powder Blue with stitched Sunshine Yellow Lightning Bolt hat at the sports bar.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

I expect us, you Boltjolt, me, everyone, to disagree on personnel, draft strategy, coaching.

That's healthy debate.

It is too embarrassing now to wear my new $45 authentic Powder Blue with stitched Sunshine Yellow Lightning Bolt hat at the sports bar.
            LOL...yep i dont wear my Charger stuff anywhere these days. I do have a SD Chargers shirt still and i usually get possitve comments on that round here but wont wear it. I'll wear my Padres shirts instead.

As for players, you and Ninja, and some other draft peeps are far ahead of me on this as ive cut way back. Ill do some catchup like i did last season in the months ahead but this season is a tough one since there are less games in some conferences being played and some not at all.

However, i believe they will keep Jenkins and he wont be expensive. Perryman, who knows but i dont see him being expensive either. This isnt his best season. He balled his first two when we played a 3-4 and then after that was injured a lot.

Agree on this.....PULL THE PLUG! Telesco too.

Comment

• foreigner
              Tom Telesco is gone
              • Sep 2013
              • Send PM

Just checked chargers.com... he is still on... and they are even posting a video of him looking back at the Bills game... what a joke this organization is... what a joke...

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Just let him finish the season, and hope we can get someone good to coach this mess.

Notice both our last 2 head coachs started pretty good, and then went downhill. (I know that's obvious, they got fired after all)

But both McCoy (1st year) and Lynn (2nd year...after finishing the 1st year strong) had good starts.

It's almost like once people had more time to study them...they figured them out. Which is why what Belichick and Andy Reid and heck even Pete Carroll have done is admirable. Mike Tomlin too.

And of course, the Chargers have had the injury thing... but I don't know what that is about, they have done everything... changed entire coaching staffs, etc... it just always happens.

The reality is we don't know how it will go with anyone as a HC until they get the job.

I can't wait until they get here. In the meantime, light em if you got em. :smoking:
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Jenkins is HORRIBLE as a back end defender. However, in the box going forward, he has actually been rather consistent ( a couple of whiffs!). He generally hits and holds on( unlike many of our defenders). And he stays AVAILABLE!
                  If he could add 10lbs., I'd happily move him ahead of White.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Coachmarkos View Post
                    Just let him finish the season, and hope we can get someone good to coach this mess.

Notice both our last 2 head coachs started pretty good, and then went downhill. (I know that's obvious, they got fired after all)

But both McCoy (1st year) and Lynn (2nd year...after finishing the 1st year strong) had good starts.

It's almost like once people had more time to study them...they figured them out. Which is why what Belichick and Andy Reid and heck even Pete Carroll have done is admirable. Mike Tomlin too.

And of course, the Chargers have had the injury thing... but I don't know what that is about, they have done everything... changed entire coaching staffs, etc... it just always happens.

The reality is we don't know how it will go with anyone as a HC until they get the job.

I can't wait until they get here. In the meantime, light em if you got em. :smoking:
                    Coach, is that a rhetorical question?
                    EVERYONE here knows why our favorite team ALWAYS seems to fail, regardless.
                    Until they sell the team, I just can't see us ever being the best.
                    Still, won't stop me from cheering on our boys.
                    GO BOLTS!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2017
                      • Great White North
                      • Draftnik
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Jenkins is HORRIBLE as a back end defender. However, in the box going forward, he has actually been rather consistent ( a couple of whiffs!). He generally hits and holds on( unlike many of our defenders). And he stays AVAILABLE!
                      If he could add 10lbs., I'd happily move him ahead of White.
                      You want a 210# - 215# SAM?

Rayshawn is a solid to above average DS weather at FS or SS.
                      Last edited by like54ninjas; 12-01-2020, 01:47 PM.
                      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                      K9
                      Nasir
                      Tillery
                      Parham
                      Reed

Comment

• Eurobolt
                        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Good evening Bolt Fans !

I have changed my mind re FO situation i have always been proponent of Telesco but I think it is his time too.
                        Somone posted about drafting high characters players that did not worked... And I agree.

I like TT (maybe not that much as Critty AL) and I want to believe he is good GM

His way is not the way to win it, there has been something fundamentaly wrong with TT process as it does not bring success.

I am in the point that I do not care if he is responsible for bringing AL (or was it Spanos JR) I really do not care I just think the culture created by FO is way off from what it should be.

Re: Anthony I think he has been told to do this video.
                        If i would need to make methafor on how good this video was well... He has gained -4 yards on 3 runs to the middle.

We have got a diamond in Herbert and few more stars that can create very strong core.

For a duration of Herbert rookie deal I would like to see nothing less than complete with KC for division and AFC titles.

Is that too much? Defo for current regime and that is why all of them will need to go.

Best regards.
                        Eurobolt.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

That's healthy debate.

Wearing Charger gear is instantly making yourself the butt of jokes, such as:

"Hey, Charger, when are you guys going to hire a decent head coach?"
                          "Hey, Chargers, when are you guys going to hire a decent defensive coordinator?"
                          "Hey, Chargers, when are you guys going to hire a decent kicker?"
                          "Hey, Chargers, when are you guys going to hire a decent GM?"
                          "Wow...I feel sorry for you guys."

Comment

Working...
                          X