• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    Enough of these articles might embarrass the Spanos into hiring a real president of football ops
    He did it 20 years ago with Butler and Marty - maybe he will be embarrassed enough to do it again

Monday, 8:30 out in CA - its not happening. Lynn will coach this week.

(Gregg Williams was fired by the Jets but he probably got a bonus out the door with that defense to lose the game)

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

EomvFL3UYAQ6wh6.jpeg

'John, Stan Kroenke called. He wants you to keep your feet off the furniture.'

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Sadly I still think there is over a 50% chance the leader of fine men will be on the sidelines next year.

For some reason if they do fire him they need to let their new coach hire his own staff. That is one thing that never made sense to me was insisting the new coach keep certain coaches. It is time to go nuclear on this team. Anything short of that would just be silly.............

Comment

• kgbpasha
          #болтап
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

EomvFL3UYAQ6wh6.jpeg

'John, Stan Kroenke called. He wants you to keep your feet off the furniture.'
          Notice their defensive postures?
          I find them all offensive.

Comment

• Ceramic
            Chargers are pathetic
            • Sep 2020
            • OC
            • Send PM

The team needs to lose 45-0 to Atlanta too. I can't believe this organization didn't fire him yet.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

There is No Way Lynn is back next year. But I can see TT being brought back. I'm not saying he should be... although I have liked him. But I am now in favor of cleaning house.

But I don't think they will.
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• MakoShark
                Disgruntled
                • Jun 2013
                • North Alabama
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ceramic View Post
                The team needs to lose 45-0 to Atlanta too. I can't believe this organization didn't fire him yet.
                Ha! Sad thing for me is, I will probably get that game as my regional broadcast.:bertstare:
                sigpic

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post

Notice their defensive postures?
                  I find them all offensive.
                  All-Time Classic Spanos Family Photo.

Closed-off body language by Dean and the other gentleman. Dean's eyes are closed. The woman looks stupefied, and our beloved little John is slowly going into the fetal position. lol

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

That says it all. One of the worst run organizations in sports. Dean has been worse than Alex and JohnBoy has been worse than Dean. JohnBoy shouldnt have his hands in ANY football decisions for this team. Just hire the right guys and sit back.
                    Look at what Jed York did with the Niners. He made a mess of a great team during the Harbaugh era with his stupid decision-making and became an embarrassment. But he learned from it and went out and hired a talented GM and HC tandem while he himself stepped away from managing football operations and decision-making. The football people he hired rebuilt the team and had it in the Super Bowl in a few seasons. One would hope the Spanoses would follow that example. But Dean's sons have been groomed to be football execs from a young age and they believe they know what they are doing, even though they've become an embarrassment.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I think it is pretty clear that both Lynn and Telesco have to go. Good men, just not good at their jobs.

The historic loss yesterday and the way it happened have guaranteed Lynn is gone. I see NO way he comes back.

Telesco? He probably gets to stay. He shouldn't. He has hired two head coaches now and they both sucked. His record, especially in the division is terrible. He drafted well in the top 10 but lots of misses elsewhere. His FA additions not very good. The OL has been awful the entire time he has been GM.

I think the reason Lynn has not been fired already, is primarily there is no one to replace him. Gus Bradley is the only real choice and his defense is the main reason we are where we are. Anybody else and it will be like replacing Stewart with the two stooges who are now coaching ST. Steichen is not ready, Pep is not ready and they probably want to keep him for the next staff since he and Herbert are doing well. Milus? I mean who is going to run this team for 4 weeks?

The more I think about it, would like to see a very successful college coach take over. Like Bobby Ross did. And recently the track record there is pretty good for HCs and OCs. Someone like Meyer, even if he would be a rental since he never seems to stay long, or Kelly. This is a very young team with a lot of talent that will respond very well to a college coach.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Anybody see a total commitment to winning coming out of TT? Just look across the field at Belicheat to see what it takes.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          I think it is pretty clear that both Lynn and Telesco have to go. Good men, just not good at their jobs.

The historic loss yesterday and the way it happened have guaranteed Lynn is gone. I see NO way he comes back.

Telesco? He probably gets to stay. He shouldn't. He has hired two head coaches now and they both sucked. His record, especially in the division is terrible. He drafted well in the top 10 but lots of misses elsewhere. His FA additions not very good. The OL has been awful the entire time he has been GM.

I think the reason Lynn has not been fired already, is primarily there is no one to replace him. Gus Bradley is the only real choice and his defense is the main reason we are where we are. Anybody else and it will be like replacing Stewart with the two stooges who are now coaching ST. Steichen is not ready, Pep is not ready and they probably want to keep him for the next staff since he and Herbert are doing well. Milus? I mean who is going to run this team for 4 weeks?

The more I think about it, would like to see a very successful college coach take over. Like Bobby Ross did. And recently the track record there is pretty good for HCs and OCs. Someone like Meyer, even if he would be a rental since he never seems to stay long, or Kelly. This is a very young team with a lot of talent that will respond very well to a college coach.

TG
                          Pep can replace him. He was a HC in the XFL and the GM. Its expereince anyways and we aint going no where. Keeping Lynn however is the best chance to get that top 4-5 pick.
                          Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-07-2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X