• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

How much stupidity can ownership witness before deciding a change needs to be made?
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      How much stupidity can ownership witness before deciding a change needs to be made?
      Evidently a lot.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

It's more a question of..... How much do we still owe this guy?

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          It's more a question of..... How much do we still owe this guy?
          He was extended for a year so I'd guess around $4 million.

Popper not impressed:

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Popper not impressed:

I know, I was referring to its not the stupidity that Spanos cares about. It's how much they owe him before they decide to let them go. They can afford one season worth since they hire cheap HCs.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I know, I was referring to its not the stupidity that Spanos cares about. It's how much they owe him before they decide to let them go. They can afford one season worth since they hire cheap HCs.
              They fired McCoy with a year left on his contract after extending him so he wasn't a lame duck. I don't think that will factor in the decision. I just fear that they delude themselves into thinking he is the guy.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

They fired McCoy with a year left on his contract after extending him so he wasn't a lame duck. I don't think that will factor in the decision. I just fear that they delude themselves into thinking he is the guy.
                Lynn will beat either the Broncos or Raiders and keep his job. I am calling it now. The Spanii will say he rebounded with two wins in their final four; the team had injuries, blah blah blah

He should be fired this morning for that nonsense at the end of the first half alone. For the players, I am glad they won but if that saved Lynns job - I will not be happy Its almost like they need to get blitzed these final three weeks and go 0-6 in the AFCW for him to lose his job

Comment

• PR#1
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Anthony Lynn and the Chargers Just Had Their Most Embarrassing Sequence Yet

By Ryan Phillips | Dec 13, 2020, 6:22 PM EST

The Chargers fail to get a field goal off at the end of the first half against the Falcons
                  The Los Angeles Chargers continue to embarrass themselves on a weekly basis and head coach Anthony Lynn's game management this season has been some of the worst in NFLhistory. On Sunday, that struck again at the end of the first half against the Atlanta Falcons.

The Chargers trailed the Falcons 17-10 and faced third-and-1 at Atlanta's 8-yard line with 22 seconds remaining in the first half. They had no timeouts because they had been wasted earlier. Most teams would have taken a shot at the end zone with a pass and if that didn't work, they'd trot out the field goal team and take three easy points. Obvious, right? Not for the worst-run organization in the league.

No, the Chargers decided give us some free content by running the ball on third-and-1. I guess their plan was to get the one yard, then spike the ball for their kicker? The problem? The back didn't get the first down. So, then the Chargers were left with fourth down and a running clock.

The offense didn't know what to do, so half of the players stayed on the field while the field goal unit waited, then ran on. Obviously this jumbled mess led to the team not getting a kick off. So instead of a sure three points and a shot at seven, Lynn and his boys walked away with nothing. It was truly something to behold.
                  This is really bad

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by PR#1 View Post

This is really bad
                    Exactly! The obvious play would be to take a shot in the end zone. They had to call a time out so Lynn could say to Herbert - don't take the sack, throw it away and we will take the FG.

Its not that complicated. And how does even running and spiking the ball do anything other than waste more clock. There were 22 seconds left. Between a play and FG the most the Falcons would have had was some 15 seconds or if they take a knee on the kickoff. He should be fired. Today

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Popper not impressed:

So much for stepping into your throw. Technique be damned.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

So much for stepping into your throw. Technique be damned.
                        I keep on watching that and think the greats make it look effortless for both Herbert and KA. Just like playing catch in the backyard.
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

I keep on watching that and think the greats make it look effortless for both Herbert and KA. Just like playing catch in the backyard.
                          How about KA keeping the defender on his back and away from the ball? Brilliant.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X