Popper: How Can The Spanos Family Not Overhaul The Bolts Now?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

If you look at some of these mistake like the block FG vs Patriots. It is so awful. #82 tried to block both the inside and outside at the same time and blocked neither. No coach on the planet would teach that. And the most basic thing ever is inside gap priority. He completely failed to do his job. But his job is so obvious because it never changes no matter the coach. His job is to seal the inside. You should not need a coach to explain that. I seriously have no clue why #82 would make a token effort on his obvious priority on the play and then look to find the outside guy. Even if the End is going to rock back to that gap, # 82 is the wing. He job is to seal inside. I do blame coaching a bit. But also I think the coaches themselves are thinking what the heck are you doing #82 that is not how we teach it. That is not how anyone teaches it.

# 82 has bounced around the league on practice squads. Was waived by Patriot's in 2018 and Telesco picked him up. If BB doesn't want you that should be a sign to Telesco that he is a dumb player. Belicheat doesn't like dumb players. Dumb players make dumb mistakes. Like screwing up your assignment on FG.

Also, if Virgil Green was healthy, then #82 is not even on the active roster.

​​​​​​I'm still putting more blame on Telesco for where this team is at right now. Any reason he couldn't have added a Charles Clay to the depth chart. He is 31 and had 110 starts. Have a feeling he doesn't blow that assignment if he is on the wing. Not to mention you have veteran with plenty of experience as depth.
    Nope, we have a guy who has barely played and keeps getting waived, but he out there on the wing failing to make his block.
    And #82 is Stephen Anderson, a backup TE...so now you know...the REST of the story...

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

If you look at some of these mistake like the block FG vs Patriots. It is so awful. #82 tried to block both the inside and outside at the same time and blocked neither. No coach on the planet would teach that. And the most basic thing ever is inside gap priority. He completely failed to do his job. But his job is so obvious because it never changes no matter the coach. His job is to seal the inside. You should not need a coach to explain that. I seriously have no clue why #82 would make a token effort on his obvious priority on the play and then look to find the outside guy. Even if the End is going to rock back to that gap, # 82 is the wing. He job is to seal inside. I do blame coaching a bit. But also I think the coaches themselves are thinking what the heck are you doing #82 that is not how we teach it. That is not how anyone teaches it.

# 82 has bounced around the league on practice squads. Was waived by Patriot's in 2018 and Telesco picked him up. If BB doesn't want you that should be a sign to Telesco that he is a dumb player. Belicheat doesn't like dumb players. Dumb players make dumb mistakes. Like screwing up your assignment on FG.

Also, if Virgil Green was healthy, then #82 is not even on the active roster.

​​​​​​I'm still putting more blame on Telesco for where this team is at right now. Any reason he couldn't have added a Charles Clay to the depth chart. He is 31 and had 110 starts. Have a feeling he doesn't blow that assignment if he is on the wing. Not to mention you have veteran with plenty of experience as depth.
      Nope, we have a guy who has barely played and keeps getting waived, but he out there on the wing failing to make his block.
      here you again, and now you're dragging Telesco into this again.... based on the outcome of one isolated play ??

my sentiment is still the same.... gimme a break, and.... seriously.

do you honestly think the result of that play woulda been any different had Anderson taken care of his "inside gap priority," and "sealed the inside" ??

what's he s'posed to do.... he goes to block his man and then sees it's a jailbreak on both sides of him.... of course he knows the one or both of 'em are likely to block the kick and he got lost in the shuffle, given that if he takes one guy out, the other is left scot free.... is that on the player or the alignment he was put in ?? and do you honestly think we would've got the kick off if he had blocked just one of the defenders ??

and then you drag Telesco into it, w/the insinuation that some other, not so dumb (really ?) player woulda been able to handle the both of 'em and prevent the blocked kick.... you are incessant Critts, and sometimes.... irrelevant.
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

here you again, and now you're dragging Telesco into this again.... based on the outcome of one isolated play ??

my sentiment is still the same.... gimme a break, and.... seriously.

do you honestly think the result of that play woulda been any different had Anderson taken care of his "inside gap priority," and "sealed the inside" ??

what's he s'posed to do.... he goes to block his man and then sees it's a jailbreak on both sides of him.... of course he knows the one or both of 'em are likely to block the kick and he got lost in the shuffle, given that if he takes one guy out, the other is left scot free.... is that on the player or the alignment he was put in ?? and do you honestly think we would've got the kick off if he had blocked just one of the defenders ??

and then you drag Telesco into it, w/the insinuation that some other, not so dumb (really ?) player woulda been able to handle the both of 'em and prevent the blocked kick.... you are incessant Critts, and sometimes.... irrelevant.
        Dude. No. Do you even understand football.

​​​​​​what the hell do you mean he goes to block his man and sees a jailbreak on both sides. He has inside priority. He needs to do his job.
        Yes. If he blocks the inside guy the FG does not get blocked. He only looks outside if the inside is clean.
        Happens every week in every game. They don't even block the outside guy if inside has penetration. He is too far away to get there in time.

Watch FG and XP. And you will see the wing is always in that situation of a having defenders on both sides.

Basic of what the wing should do. Taught at every level.

The wing backs jab step to the inside and, just as the tight ends, will hinge step. Looking inside first and washing out the outside rush if the inside gap is not penetrated. The holder is to get the snap down and the kicker has only to kick the ball through the uprights.

Always preach to protect the inside gap and start with the personnel in the middle.

Yes. I blame Telesco. These are his players and his staff.

If you go look at wish list thread from a full year ago..I wanted to replace Telesco then. This is not something I just started doing this season when Lynn and team struggling. I'm on record as wanting Telesco gone long before this season ever started.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

I think I have just accepted the fact that we will always be an average to below average team because the Spanii are in the business of making money & could care less about Wins & Losses as long as they do. Owning an NFL team is a gold mine so they are always going to make money. This the status quo will continue.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

​​​​​​what the hell do you mean he goes to block his man and sees a jailbreak on both sides. He has inside priority. He needs to do his job.
            Yes. If he blocks the inside guy the FG does not get blocked. He only looks outside if the inside is clean.
            Happens every week in every game. They don't even block the outside guy if inside has penetration. He is too far away to get there in time.

Watch FG and XP. And you will see the wing is always in that situation of a having defenders on both sides.

The wing backs jab step to the inside and, just as the tight ends, will hinge step. Looking inside first and washing out the outside rush if the inside gap is not penetrated. The holder is to get the snap down and the kicker has only to kick the ball through the uprights.

Always preach to protect the inside gap and start with the personnel in the middle.

If you go look at wish list thread from a full year ago..I wanted to replace Telesco then. This is not something I just started doing this season when Lynn and team struggling. I'm on record as wanting Telesco gone long before this season ever started.
            The topic is gap integrity. Block from the inside-out. Simple as pie. What complicates matter is when you have three different coaches, including the head coach, talking at you. That brings matters squarely around again, to the Chargers' glaring front-office and head coaching inadequacies.

Back to the Topic of the thread: How Can The Spanos Family Not Overhaul The Bolts Now?

Thanks!

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
              I think I have just accepted the fact that we will always be an average to below average team because the Spanii are in the business of making money & could care less about Wins & Losses as long as they do. Owning an NFL team is a gold mine so they are always going to make money. This the status quo will continue.
              That seems to be the current business model. I agree completely.

However, us fans can hope the thought of that facility, empty during Chargers home games in 2021, should frighten the living hell out of Dean Spanos.

There's two immutable facts in American life: death & taxes. Add a third, you cannot buy back your name.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

So, Critty, for next season, would u fire TT and keep Lynn?

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Makes sense now. Rex was really emotional about not being able to tell the Chargers they were hiring a glorified gym teacher for a head coach.

Comment

• Critty
                    Dominate the Day.
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Well if TT is fired. The new GM should get to pick his HC.
                    Typically that a new HC. So I would expect Lynn to be gone too.

But if a new GM decided to keep Lynn. I'm for it.
                    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

have never claimed to be a football savant, and even if it was the inside guy that blocked the kick, don't think that's where you want the outside rusher to end up regardless ??

and have been there too.... frustrated w/Telesco, and have repeatedly mentioned that his track record w/personnel is that of a (very) avg GM, and that said....

just like you claimed PR was the problem and what was holding AL and the Chargers back from winning mobile/RPO football, and as it has been shown that 'tis not the case....

would love to see the difference w/Joe Brady in charge of this team, as do think the difference will be quite noticeable, if not night and day.

ps. not only was Phil here for the 22-9, but so was was Telesco.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Well if TT is fired. The new GM should get to pick his HC.
                        Typically that a new HC. So I would expect Lynn to be gone too.

But if a new GM decided to keep Lynn. I'm for it.
                        Agree that TT should be fired. Also like the idea of new GM picking coach. Maybe THAT'S why the Spani haven't fired Lynn yet. But Lynn's incompetence this season is so bad, he needs to go also. IMHO, time to clean house totally.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Makes sense now. Rex was really emotional about not being able to tell the Chargers they were hiring a glorified gym teacher for a head coach.
                          Important to note that this video dates back to Dec. 2019, so they were reacting to LAST season's issues, when the focus was on Rivers and the speculation on his departure from the Bolts...

Comment

Working...
                          X