• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

I dream about Demarious Thomas.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

#dreamarious
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Our big weakness on D has been the games when we have had no outside pass rush. So, to address it we sign Houston. Move Ingram inside to play SILB, move Teo to WILB, Attauochu and Houston rush from the outside, and Ingram becomes the rover/joker rush LB.

KC really needs another OLB to compliment Hali, so signing their key guy away not upgrades our biggest need on D, it makes them weaker, although their run D sucks pretty bad right now.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
          aren't those the attributes of Ladarius Green? Seems to me the guy is being woefully underused as "TE in waiting" behind Gates. The excuse is Royal is doing well running underneath routes- so Green is wasting away as a man without a position. I see no reason they can't change his role to something like D Thomas as a "big WR", or hell even convert him to RB like was done with Rod Bernstein when he was stuck behind Winslow.
          The thing with Green is he quick and athletic enough to match up against CB? I tend to think if they have kept him at TE, then the deal is that he is not going to be able to get open vs CB. Like Ricks was kinda an OK TE, but was not a good WR. I don't know if it's true, but that may be the reasoning.

I think we can get Green back on track and developing just by improving the interior OL. Not even necessarily the personnel, just get them all playing on the same page. If they can stop the negative plays, then I think our play action game starts going, and that makes Floyd more effective too. Plus Green is developing nicely as a blocker, so he still has potential as a TE. But mostly he just needs to get on the field to run patterns and get more practice at blocking.

Bernstein had a history of being a RB. He was recruited to play RB at Texas A&M, and only switched to TE after they were too deep at RB and had a need at TE. Green's taller, and has a bigger strike zone. Not a lot of 6'6" RB. I don't think Green has any potential at any other position but TE/Hback, but that is just my opinion.

Comment

• madcaplaughs
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I think the thing with Green is not so much that he can't get open. It's just that Gates and River's are joined at the hip. I look for Green to come on next year.

Comment

• KNSD
              Registered Charger Hater
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Just need one or two WRs with explosiveness next year. Inman looked great last week, but it's Week 17 and he hadn't played all year. Dude had fresh legs.l
              Prediction:
              Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
              Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
              Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

How about a mid level type guy with speed in Torrey Smith. I would think Rivers would make him look good. The guy can burn still. Flacco just struggles hitting him. He has a knack for getting open in the endzone.

Maclin while fragile is another decent option. Id love Thomas but he will be franchised or paid massively by Denver.

Cobb is another guy who could be available. Jordy just got paid and they drafted a bunch of god WRs so they may not need him.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Does Denver have cap space this year? I've been under the impression that all the spending would finally catch up with them n 2015.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

They can probably keep resigning guys and extending their deals, giving them bonus money and putting off when it hits. Teams like Dallas and Washington did that sort of thing for a long time until it finally caught up with them. Denver hasn't done much of that until this last season, so they could probably do it for a while before it gets to them.

I think you try and go after Thomas and point out that you are a cap casualty waiting to happen in Denver. Sure, you get a couple of years, but then when Manning goes, they have no QB, you get cut as a scape goat while they rebuild. But in SD, our QB is in his prime, and we have a lot of cap space (a lot of needs too, but I wouldn't point that out), so we can afford to sign him, give him somewhat more of the money up front and then he not only gets paid more, but then he can enjoy the continued success to enjoy his career. PLus we have a lot of other up and coming players to keep the other teams from totally focusing on him, where the Donks have talent, it is old talent and getting older. Pretty soon, he is going to be the best player they have and no QB to get him the ball on O, and only Harris and Miler on D.

I do think Green can be a great weapon for us in the future, we just need to get him on the field and that means 2 TE sets. And if we go 2 TE, we at least have to mix in the run and pass. We can't just throw out of that alignment. We have to improve our running game, and not just because of Green. But get Green the playing time, I think he will develop pretty fast. Just he is not playing now and without the reps he is stuck in neutral.
                    Last edited by Steve; 12-26-2014, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                      How about a mid level type guy with speed in Torrey Smith. I would think Rivers would make him look good. The guy can burn still. Flacco just struggles hitting him. He has a knack for getting open in the endzone.

Maclin while fragile is another decent option. Id love Thomas but he will be franchised or paid massively by Denver.

Cobb is another guy who could be available. Jordy just got paid and they drafted a bunch of god WRs so they may not need him.
                      I dnt care for Torrey Smith but Maclin id like. Denver wont be able to afford Thomas. Some of their fans on their board think they need to purge salary for next year. Peyton alone is going to cost 22 million on his last year on his deal, not to mention those they signed this year going into their second year on their contracts. The caps will be going up.

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

The Chargers reportedly took a late-season look at a notable free agent wide receiver.

Report: Chargers worked out Austin Pettis

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Everyone knows we need OL the most steve. Iupati would be my #1 target. I still think a WR has to be added early in the draft. Floyd is pretty one trick. Allen needs someone on the other side that takes some pressure off him. I've never seen a team double or even pay extra attention to Floyd

Comment

Working...
                          X