• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I thought the point was that Bienemy is well spoken and the scuttle butt about him interviewing poorly is probably not accurate.

But Bienemy is too short. ""Dont want no short people" -- R. Newman
    IMHO, Short, black, and bald. That is the public perception EB must overcome.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Nah, I had a rough day yesterday. This is my 10th month in-a-row in lockdown and I'm a little salty. Please bear with him.
      Why cooped up? Are you in CA? I knew its the order just wondering. Not trying to b nosey.

When im working of course im out more but im not working right now so ive been mostly inside.
      I made a quick trip to No Cal last week and am heading down to SD tomorrow til Sunday. Its a chance to get out and believe me...my Wife is a germaphobe! So this isnt going to be , uh.....pleasant. She is coming with me to SD(didnt to No Cal) as we are going to see her family side.

Cant wait to get told to wash my hands and use Clorox wipes every time a touch something, or even if i dont...take off my shoes, etc, etc.....She went this morning to get a quick Covid test, which was negative because she has sniffles. But its more for not wanting to bring anything down there.
      Wish me luck!

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Another negative for Harbaugh. If you can’t recruit, you can’t win.

Michigan’s loss is Maryland’s gain in the Class of 2021. Four-star linebacker Branden Jennings announced he flipped from Michigan to Maryland on Wednesday morning on National Signing Day.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
          Another negative for Harbaugh. If you can’t recruit, you can’t win.

Michigan’s loss is Maryland’s gain in the Class of 2021. Four-star linebacker Branden Jennings announced he flipped from Michigan to Maryland on Wednesday morning on National Signing Day.
          Really don't have to worry about recruiting in the NFL - maybe a free agent or two but a lot of time, money talks.

I think Harbaugh will look to leave for the NFL - whether there is a match remains to be seen.

I am not turned off by Harbaugh - I just know its a short term deal. But McCoy was 4 years, Lynn if fired is four years - so hey maybe get 3x the playoff appearances as each of those two.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Why cooped up? Are you in CA? I knew its the order just wondering. Not trying to b nosey.

When im working of course im out more but im not working right now so ive been mostly inside.
            I made a quick trip to No Cal last week and am heading down to SD tomorrow til Sunday. Its a chance to get out and believe me...my Wife is a germaphobe! So this isnt going to be , uh.....pleasant. She is coming with me to SD(didnt to No Cal) as we are going to see her family side.

Cant wait to get told to wash my hands and use Clorox wipes every time a touch something, or even if i dont...take off my shoes, etc, etc.....She went this morning to get a quick Covid test, which was negative because she has sniffles. But its more for not wanting to bring anything down there.
            Wish me luck!
            I'm in Burbank, Riverside Rancho to be more exact. It's just kinda getting to me this week. The city closed the bike path along the L.A. River, padlocked it from both north & south sides. I don't get it. Work, the industry has shutdown. There is no work.

P.S. Good Luck!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I'm in Burbank, Riverside Rancho to be more exact. It's just kinda getting to me this week. The city closed the bike path along the L.A. River, padlocked it from both north & south sides. I don't get it. Work, the industry has shutdown. There is no work.

P.S. Good Luck!
              (not to be polticial but thats stupid - a bike path - how crowded is a damn bike path?!!!?? i have been running 3x per week since early this year - it has saved me running outside )

stay safe, stay healthy

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

(not to be polticial but thats stupid - a bike path - how crowded is a damn bike path?!!!?? i have been running 3x per week since early this year - it has saved me running outside )

stay safe, stay healthy
                Walmart is open here but they closed down the auto center, been closed for months.They have maybe 4-5 employees and customers cant be in that area. Dumb for people wanting oil changes or batteries or whatever. I dont get it.

Comment

• Silversurfer
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Los Angeles
                  • Send PM

He speaks of preparation, damn he even speaks better than Lynn in press conferences.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                    He speaks of preparation, damn he even speaks better than Lynn in press conferences.
                    I think he is worthy of an interview - if he chooses to interview with the Chargers

I can see him in Houstin with the Texans though - just to get away from Mahomes and Andy Reid, Possibly the Falcons as he would be out of the conference, But thats a rebuild without a QB long term. Chargers and Texans have the QB spot already

Its why the Chargers job is decently attractive.
                    Stafford - older
                    Matty Ice Ryan - older
                    Chicago - TrubiskyFoles - who knows
                    Houston - DeShaun is DeGood!!

Jets will have Lawrence; Jags will have a rookie

Chargers are not in a bad spot and its not like these other ownership groups, save maybe the Falcons are great shakes.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                      Ultimately we would like to hire a HC that can be here for years and years like Carroll, Tomlin, etc. They have to make the right choice and not be cheap. JohnBoy NEEDS to step back and let Telesco do most the evals on a HC and Telesco has to draft better.....or we will be looking for a GM too.
                      personally, suspect there is one key element that Telesco can implement that will make his job go a little better, and that's to stockpile draft picks, and....

time to get this party started.... trade down pls.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

But if Telesco is involved - this would be his third choice - hire somebody he knows better than he knew Lynn and McCoy. Caldwell, Kelly, Daboll or Josh - those are my picks for the Chargers HC if Lynn is fired and Telesco is kept
                        not sure why you keep raising/flying that flag, as it doesn't seem to be much of a stretch to surmise that he's had next to no choice in the matter when it comes to our HC, and....

don't think he's gonna buck the trend this time around, as don't think young John can help himself, let alone blame himself, for yet again taking the lead role in our next hire.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                          If Telesco is not fired and he picks the next coach, it will be his last one if it is not a good one. I don't see him letting a junior Spanos make the choice. He will rise or fall with this one.

I actually went into this wanted Bienemy but what I read has soured me. And the interview part is not can he do a TV interview. Obviously he can and does it well. It is the JOB interview part that was referenced in my reading. He did not do a good job convincing several prospective employers he was the right man.

TG
                          since when does someone have the option to not let his boss make the choice.... don't be fooled.... we have a Director of Football Ops, and personnel is well under that umbrella.

and hard to believe Bieniemy would interview well, as to how could you possibly interview well when they ask you what happened w/your 100 something ranked offense in Colorado ??

Comment

Working...
                          X