• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

This is what Im hoping....means we have a plan.
    Only the Chargers at this point would screw it up and hire Jason Garrett at this point with Brian Daboll sitting there to be hired.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by NoMoreChillies View Post

i guess Chargers are not as attractive as some say
      Would YOU want to work for the Spani? Clock is ticking...

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

This has been my theory for about a week now. He had only two interviews. I mean, the Lions are interviewing Bowles today and Daboll was not on their radar. I just think as said earlier in this or the Daboll thread, the rest of the league saw Daboll to the Chargers as a match when this all started.

Daboll will have a good staff in place - meaning he has made calls or sent texts. I am intrigued if he brings Mayo - I think that would be a slam dunk.

Keep Pep (or hopefully Daboll if he is the coach gets a chance to interview him), bring in Mayo or Eric Washington- and hire a very good ST coach.

I truly would still be okay with Wade Phillips but it might be time to give a younger guy Daboll might know better a chance. He coached with Washington in Buffalo; and I think was in NE with Mayo
        Imagine...Daboll wants to bring in Mayo, but the Spani want someone else, and say, ahem, "HOLD THE MAYO!!!"

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Schefter tweeted 49ers inked 5yr deal with Saleh last night. Not sure if already posted here, didn’t see it
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lyth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2018
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Tbone33101 View Post
            While some think we are missing out...I believe they have zeroed in on daboll. He’s not getting many interviews....reading the tea leaves I believe that it’s understood he’s going to be the chargers head coach.
            That's the feeling I get too. Just like a rookie QB staring down a receiver.

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Imagine...Daboll wants to bring in Mayo, but the Spani want someone else, and say, ahem, "HOLD THE MAYO!!!"
              In which Brian replies, "Suck Daballs.".

Comment

• Tbone33101
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                Schefter tweeted 49ers inked 5yr deal with Saleh last night. Not sure if already posted here, didn’t see it

pretty sure he took the jets HC job

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Tbone33101 View Post

pretty sure he took the jets HC job
                  Apologies, you’re correct. Its Jets.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                    Ok rather than post who we WANT to be the coach, let's start talking realistically about who we THINK will end up the head coach: (PS I want Meyer)

Chargers - Jason Garrett. Why? He is very smart, he is nice, he has experience and he has won. He is safe. Won't be 4-12 and over his head. His personality matches both Telesco and Herbert. He will not be super expensive. He won't rock the boat, try to make major changes, or demand anything. Media already coming out in support as opposed to laughing (like all of us and Dallas fans are). He is the most Marty like of the available candidates.

Eagles - Eric Bienemy. Why? Continuity. Another Andy Reid disciple. Has the right personality for Philly fans. Maybe he can fix Wentz.

Jet - Saleh. Why? Toughness and Jets just failed with an offensive guy. So time to flip it to a defensive guy. Will be popular in their market, too.

Houston - Daboll. Why? Patriots pedigree but enough away from them to make Watson feel like they are still not trying to copy the Patriots all the time.

Atlanta - Smith. Why? He just screams Atlanta Falcons to me. And he is offense and they just failed with a defensive guy.

Jax - Meyer. Why? Money, control, location.

Lions - Staley or Brady, most likely Brady. Why? Young enthusiastic high potential coaches to fire up the fan base. Leaning toward Brady because maybe he can finally make something more than a stat machine out of Stafford.

Pick away at me. But remember it is who will be hired, not who you want.

TG
                    So far, this is going according to plan....even if I don't like it.

TG
                    Last edited by Heatmiser; 01-15-2021, 09:05 AM.
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

So far, this is going according to plan....even if I don't like it.

TG
                      I think the Chargers are getting Daboll.. .not sure if you like that or not Heat?

Comment

• jox g
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Ummm why does WIKIPEDIA say EFERBLUS is the SAN DIEGO CHARGERS' Head Coach? Fake news? (Like CNN, MSNBC, MSM, Channel 7, 5, 4 liberals?)

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post
                          Ummm why does WIKIPEDIA say EFERBLUS is the SAN DIEGO CHARGERS' Head Coach? Fake news? (Like CNN, MSNBC, MSM, Channel 7, 5, 4 liberals?)

Wow - I hope that is fake news. He is only slightly more appealing than Jason Garrett.

Comment

Working...
                          X