• Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
    Well Jamrock, I just think of it as a player - do you think these players go out there thinking this game is meaningless? Perhaps you do but I think the players look at it differently.
    I think the starters that are told they are sitting think its meaningless. The 2nd stringers that are getting a chance to shine think its very important. All depends on who ya ask, probably.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I agree..... i want KC motivated to beat Chargers..... dont want Lynn to get credit for beating KC's backups...... like winning a pre season game.....
      If the Chargers lose to the Broncos next week - he should lose his job. Period.

The Chargers are a better team than the Broncos.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
        Outback Goon
        • Sep 2018
        • Australia
        • Send PM

Well Jamrock, I just think of it as a player - do you think these players go out there thinking this game is meaningless? Perhaps you do but I think the players look at it differently.
        guys like Guyton, Ballage, Johnson are doin everything they can to win because they know NFL means Not For Long.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

I wonder - even if we win out, can TT forgot all the blown leads and the debacle with the Pats? I don't now, but I sure wonder.
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

I wonder - even if we win out, can TT forgot all the blown leads and the debacle with the Pats? I don't now, but I sure wonder.
            Thats my concern in how you view say going from 3-9 to 6-10 or 7-9. Because its HOW you go to 3-9. This was a team in many games losing in a similar fashion. It wasn't like they started crappy like 1-7 and flipped the switch and showed improvement. I think if you watch - there still seem to be similar issues just winning games and not losing.

Based on that - and I am pretty open about it - I do not think you can expect Lynn to change in crunch time of a game. It hasn't been in his nature so far - so looking ahead to 2021 - why would it be now. I mean, in the AZ - Eagles game - we saw Pederson go for it from midfield down 6 and the Cards do a fake punt. Both teams were successful. Lynn would have punted both times for sure. That is who he is when the lights come on so to speak.

And if I were evaluating COach Lynn - that is why I do not think he will change and why he should be replaced.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

I think the players are pros and hopefully giving their best, especially guys like Johnson and Guyton who are getting real shots. Let me ask you this, if the playoffs were on the line would Keenan have played so little? Would Bosa have played more? It’s a brutal game and I’m not sure guys with a lot of money on the line go as hard or teams want to risk their big investments in games that don’t make a real difference.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Does TT have total decision-making authority re. Lynn and coaching staff? Don't know, just wondering. I would think Baby Spanos and Deano would huddle up with TT and it would be the three of them discussing it, with Baby or Deano making the ultimate decision...

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Watching the Bills pummel the hapless Donks, the orange men look whipped. They weren't even trying. The Chargers are still playing hard for Lynn (and that should tell you something). Justin and the boys, and the boyz, will win this game, and I think it will be by their biggest point margin yet. The Bolts will go out winning at least three of four, having mounted a three-game win streak, and win 6-7 games this season. It will be enough to save Lynn's job. I'm not saying that because I'm necessarily a Lynn supporter, it's just the way I see it.

If you watched this game, did you observe how much time Allen had to throw? He just stood back there standing tall finding targets. He ran for two and threw for two. I don't know if the Bills' OL is that good, or if the Donks pass rush is that bad.

I've got 38-24 Chargers.
                  Bills OL is much better this year. Herbert would kill behind that OL. Even better than Allen IMO.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

When players play hard, why do we automatically assume it’s for their HC?
                    How about playing hard for their stud rookie qb who is commanding the respect of the locker room with not only his ability but maturity?
                    Edit: without Herbert starting, I doubt you see the effort you’ve seeing now, and I can’t say the same about Lynn
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• jubei
                      Vagabond Ninja
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Watching the Bills pummel the hapless Donks, the orange men look whipped. They weren't even trying. The Chargers are still playing hard for Lynn (and that should tell you something). Justin and the boys, and the boyz, will win this game, and I think it will be by their biggest point margin yet. The Bolts will go out winning at least three of four, having mounted a three-game win streak, and win 6-7 games this season. It will be enough to save Lynn's job. I'm not saying that because I'm necessarily a Lynn supporter, it's just the way I see it.

If you watched this game, did you observe how much time Allen had to throw? He just stood back there standing tall finding targets. He ran for two and threw for two. I don't know if the Bills' OL is that good, or if the Donks pass rush is that bad.

I've got 38-24 Chargers.
                      the thing that chafes me is the last time bolts played donks lock was this 2nd-coiming of elway! he reminds me of a less-talented cutler, but with the same mental midget persona. I REALLY hope Justin shows him just how superior he is compared to lock and creams the crap outa lock! why does denver keep bringing in QBs I absolutely despise?! I mean I dont hate Mahomes, heck I dont have any bad feelings towards Carr, but lock and cutless, and tebone, just rubbed me the wrong way. thin air or some thing?

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

the thing that chafes me is the last time bolts played donks lock was this 2nd-coiming of elway! he reminds me of a less-talented cutler, but with the same mental midget persona. I REALLY hope Justin shows him just how superior he is compared to lock and creams the crap outa lock! why does denver keep bringing in QBs I absolutely despise?! I mean I dont hate Mahomes, heck I dont have any bad feelings towards Carr, but lock and cutless, and tebone, just rubbed me the wrong way. thin air or some thing?
                        agree.... but Herbie wont get the chance..... Lynn will have a gameplan of running most downs and the others will be screen passes......since he does not think DEN will score many points..... he will keep Chargers score low too to keep the game close enough for either bad team to win...... or any blunder or missed kick to decide the game.....

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Earlier than usual evaluation. That's what these remaining games can be about. Usually this occurs following the season.

Comment

Working...
                          X