• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree.... but Herbie wont get the chance..... Lynn will have a gameplan of running most downs and the others will be screen passes......since he does not think DEN will score many points..... he will keep Chargers score low too to keep the game close enough for either bad team to win...... or any blunder or missed kick to decide the game.....
    Yep...as Lynn said earlier this season, "we don't want to be too aggressive..."

Comment

• jubei
      Vagabond Ninja
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...as Lynn said earlier this season, "we don't want to be too aggressive..."
      this was THE WEAKEST comeback/explanation I'd EVER heard!

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

this was THE WEAKEST comeback/explanation I'd EVER heard!
        Yep...almost ranks right up there with ANOTHER one of Lynn's greatest hits:

"Our O-line isn't set up to come from behind."

Wow...just...wow...

Comment

• jubei
          Vagabond Ninja
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Yep...almost ranks right up there with ANOTHER one of Lynn's greatest hits:

"Our O-line isn't set up to come from behind."

Wow...just...wow...
          WOW indeed.
          Or how about "he's a backup for a reason"?

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

WOW indeed.
            Or how about "he's a backup for a reason"?
            Yep, Lynn's Greatest Hits just keep on coming...here's another one: "We've had a down year, but we've had some success here as well...I think I'm the guy to get us back on the right track!"

lynn down year.JPG

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-here-as-well/

Comment

• La Costa Boy
              Pretty much retired......
              • Sep 2018
              • JoJa
              • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
              • Send PM

Yep, Lynn's Greatest Hits just keep on coming...here's another one: "We've had a down year, but we've had some success here as well...I think I'm the guy to get us back on the right track!"

lynn down year.JPG

Do any of his mentors offer a class in "Clock Management 101"

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

the thing that chafes me is the last time bolts played donks lock was this 2nd-coiming of elway! he reminds me of a less-talented cutler, but with the same mental midget persona. I REALLY hope Justin shows him just how superior he is compared to lock and creams the crap outa lock! why does denver keep bringing in QBs I absolutely despise?! I mean I dont hate Mahomes, heck I dont have any bad feelings towards Carr, but lock and cutless, and tebone, just rubbed me the wrong way. thin air or some thing?
                Yep. Lock is a total putz, and Herbert's play in the first game was humiliating Lock, even the announcers were on it. Then the friggin' defense failed to show up the 2nd half and made Lock look like Elway all over again. The Chargers should have left Bradley in Denver after that game. I respect and don't have any animosity toward Carr or Mahomes - both professionals. But I've seen Lock post-game, and he's like Ryan Leaf was at his age! Since the Bolts' defense gifted him that comeback, he hasn't played well and I suspect he won't be around in Denver much longer. I think the Bolts' D has revenge on their mind for Sunday and will not allow Lock to beat them again.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Do any of his mentors offer a class in "Clock Management 101"
                  Great question - four years in to this job - he still doesn't truly understand it that well. You would think by now it would be better under control. And if he has somebody on staff to help him - either that guy is incompetent or Lynn doesn't listen.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

lynn down year.JPG

Well, I happen to think he is saying the right thing. He said he is going to evaluate everything including himself. Some people never grow, they can't change. Other people can, and Lynn might be one of those people. I identify with this because I have had to do much self-evaluation as an adult to learn and grow and turn failure into success.

Comment

• bartman83642
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      When players play hard, why do we automatically assume it’s for their HC?
                      How about playing hard for their stud rookie qb who is commanding the respect of the locker room with not only his ability but maturity?
                      Edit: without Herbert starting, I doubt you see the effort you’ve seeing now, and I can’t say the same about Lynn
                      True, not only that though. Some players are playing hard for different reasons also. Players in free agent years playing hard for new contract $$$ or potential new teams. Other players, especially backups\bubble players are playing hard to show they belong on the team and in the league.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

I'm old enough to remember when the team deliberately eased up didn't try to win - Svare and Gilbride come to my mind in that regard. So you can dream up all the reasons you want to hate Lynn but it's still true that the players have not let up with him as their HC.

Edit - I didn't point this out to indicate they should keep Lynn.
                        Last edited by chargeroo; 12-21-2020, 12:34 PM.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

^^^ you can add MM to this list when most of his players were dropping like flies due to “injury”.

Comment

Working...
                          X