• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Let's talk about pedigrees for a moment, or CV, if you prefer.

Arthur Smith OC, for the Titans went to Georgetown Prep, where he played offensive line.

Brian Daboll OC, for the Bills went to St. Francis Prep, where he played offensive line.

Eric Bieniemy OC, for the Chiefs went Bishop Amat High School in La Puente and played RB. Heavily recruited, Eric chose Colorado and joined Omega Psi Phi fraternity.

Charger fans from the early 1990s will remember Eric's Omega Psi Phi brand on his bicep, which he no longer displays.

Comment

• Disco Volante
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Mar 2020
      • Send PM

I think his offense would be perfect for herbert. Would be thrilled if hes the choice.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
        Let's talk about pedigrees for a moment, or CV, if you prefer.

Arthur Smith OC, for the Titans went to Georgetown Prep, where he played offensive line.

Brian Daboll OC, for the Bills went to St. Francis Prep, where he played offensive line.

Eric Bieniemy OC, for the Chiefs went Bishop Amat High School in La Puente and played RB. Heavily recruited, Eric chose Colorado and joined Omega Psi Phi fraternity.

Charger fans from the early 1990s will remember Eric's Omega Psi Phi brand on his bicep, which he no longer displays.
        Arthur Smiths dad is CEO of Fed Ex I believe.

The reason I like Daboll over say Arthur Smith and Joe Brady is simple - more experienced. Brady has been OC at LSU and now CArolina. ARthur Smith has been an OC for the Titans - but the offense they run would be nothing like what the Chargers would run with Herbert

Now Daboll - his two years in Buffalo, adapting the offense for the players. Last year, Frank Gore with Singletary, ran the ball. This year, added Diggs, Beasley more in the offense, passing the ball. I think he is a guy who adapts the offense to the personal

Mentioned Alabama moving from Hurts to Tua. Has also worked for the two best football coaches on the planet but also had other jobs with KC, the Browns, etc.

I think he is a solid candidate - and hope that Telesco connection is real.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Arthur Smiths dad is CEO of Fed Ex I believe.
          You are correct, sir. The Fred E. Smith Family is minority owner of the Washington Football Team. One day, Arthur will be minority owner, and head coach of another NFL club. Wild.

Comment

• Charge!
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

I can't testify to the play-calling as I've done zero researching on play-calling responsibilities in Buffalo. I'll learn more and get back to addressing that particular and valid critique.

Daboll has a leg-up on most other candidates. I've been thinking about another dynamic that is coming down the pike, buddy....Playoff elimination and coach availability. The Bills will be eliminated in the Championship Round or Divisional of the 2021 NFL Playoffs.

Chiefs are going to win this thing again, and Daboll will become available before Bieniemy does, Chiefs coaches, like Dave Toub and Bieniemy will not be available to begin until February.

Bottomline: Daboll becomes available by the Bills exiting the playoffs quicker than the Bills, in this particular outcome.
            Those guys can still interview and negotiate contracts before FEB..... in past, Chargers have had our OC's interview during playoff week preparation...... but maybe chargers allowing that had something to do with chargers being unprepared for playoff games.......maybe smart teams do not allow that.... lol

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills...e53877af9.html

BJ, I can confirm. Brian Daboll calls his own plays. #BillsMafia fans were hot at him last-year for a play that involved Josh Allen and the ball security was bad, and the play blew up. They coached that bad trait out of him, and coached Josh Allen up on ball security, and it hasn't been an issue.
              But will he do it as the headcoach is my question. That is his biggest draw. If he is the HC and Steichen is calling the plays, then thats not a good thing in my book.

Im firing Steichen. Id have fired him 3 weeks ago and handed the OC job to Pep.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

But will he do it as the headcoach is my question. That is his biggest draw. If he is the HC and Steichen is calling the plays, then thats not a good thing in my book.

The best indicator of future growth is a history of past production. Same as in scouting players or in corporate board rooms.

In his first year calling the plays, Buffalo averaged just 16.8 points per game, which ranked 30th. In 2019, It improved to 19.6 points per game, good for 23rd. Now, in 2020, the Bills’ offense has become one of the best the league has to offer, averaging 29.1 points per game. Top 5 in the league.
                Buffalo increased their point production 3 consecutive years, with Brian Daboll play-calling and Josh Allen at the helm. This is before Allen's rookie contact is up.

EpxhojMW4AIVvQx.jpeg
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ghost; 12-21-2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Here is the thing - a HC can go to meetings with the offensive staff and talk game plan; they can also during the game walk over to the OC or on the phone and say "hey, good time to do that play we dialed up in practice"

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

This is one of the best Bills offensive showings of the 2020 season.

Full game - Oregon's Justin Herbert vs. Wyoming's Josh Allen

Comment

• northerner
                      Charger fan since '79
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

I would be thrilled if they got Daboll. we'll see...

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Players don't care how much you know until they know how much you care about them. - Brian Daboll

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Here is the thing - a HC can go to meetings with the offensive staff and talk game plan; they can also during the game walk over to the OC or on the phone and say "hey, good time to do that play we dialed up in practice"

Im going to assume we had those meetings with our current staff as well and look what happened.

Ive got nothing against Daboll but questions will remain. Im seeing all these videos being posted of plays Daboll called and probably even drew up.......will he be doing this for us as a HC? Or will we get another OC?

Its why i dont want Bieniemy. He dont call plays to begin with so he will be a HC with no experience and will have to hire a OC.....or Keep Steichen who needs to go.

Im just going to have to trust the process but i dont trust JohnBoy to let Telesco pick the HC.

Comment

Working...
                          X