• Show
Clear All
  • Lone Bolt
    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
    • Feb 2019
    • McLean Illinois
    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
    • Send PM

Like Daboll...could care less if he is calling his own plays or not. A good HC will have the OC calling plays under his philosophy...they will be on the same page...with the occasional in game override or adjustment. Overall, is good a candidate to replace Lynn...and I don't think it is weird they both came from the Bills...they are completely different coaches...and you would note the Bills teams they came from are completely different teams in every way, save the name.
    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      Like Daboll...could care less if he is calling his own plays or not. A good HC will have the OC calling plays under his philosophy...they will be on the same page...with the occasional in game override or adjustment. Overall, is good a candidate to replace Lynn...and I don't think it is weird they both came from the Bills...they are completely different coaches...and you would note the Bills teams they came from are completely different teams in every way, save the name.
      I think this is the key thing - a good HC, whether its a guy like Daboll with an OC background or a guy with a DC background - they will be involved in the game planning and on game day can talk to the coach to make adjustments.

This idea the HC needs to have an offensive background for Herbert is too limiting to me. The team needs a better Head Coach. Period.

Daboll, Wink (now that I see his staff - its a damn good one), Saleh, Urban floating his name - all good candidates to me.

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

tough call on Daboll....another OC to HC? I'm not totally against it but would prefer someone who's been a HC before. someone with experience, not a position coach to OC (for a very limited time) to interim HC for a very limited time, to HC.

Comment

• Classic
          Hall Of Fame
          • Dec 2014
          • Send PM

I did not know this guy had that extensive of a head coaching background. Certainly gives him a leg up on other candidates.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Of the coordinators, I rank them Daboll, Saleh and Wink. I don’t rank Bienemy because he’s too short.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              Agree. No way Lynn should have been promoted to be a HC after less than one year as a coordinator at any level. Daboll is much more qualified.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Justin: You're from Fireball, huh? I'm from Eugene.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Patriots writer @WEII

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                      The Precious
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Maybe......

We’ve been here before and we can only hope that this chosen one will bring us The Precious.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think this is the key thing - a good HC, whether its a guy like Daboll with an OC background or a guy with a DC background - they will be involved in the game planning and on game day can talk to the coach to make adjustments.

This idea the HC needs to have an offensive background for Herbert is too limiting to me. The team needs a better Head Coach. Period.

Daboll, Wink (now that I see his staff - its a damn good one), Saleh, Urban floating his name - all good candidates to me.
                        The reason posters like myself are advocating a HC with an offensive background is because you want to avoid a situation like what happened with the Falcons and Shanahan. It’s a offense oriented league and teams can lose their OC if he is doing great. I don’t want Herbert to go through a different offensive scheme each season. We’ve seen how that can affect QBs. Alex Smith comes to mind. With someone like Daboll, even if change does happen, it shouldn’t affect the most important position on the team. Sort of like with Andy Reid. His OCs get hired all the time. But the Chiefs’ offense just keep chugging along. Additionally, defensive minded coaches seem to be more conservative. For example, I was high on Fangio but he seems to have the same issues as Lynn.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                          The reason posters like myself are advocating a HC with an offensive background is because you want to avoid a situation like what happened with the Falcons and Shanahan. It’s a offense oriented league and teams can lose their OC if he is doing great. I don’t want Herbert to go through a different offensive scheme each season. We’ve seen how that can affect QBs. Alex Smith comes to mind. With someone like Daboll, even if change does happen, it shouldn’t affect the most important position on the team. Sort of like with Andy Reid. His OCs get hired all the time. But the Chiefs’ offense just keep chugging along. Additionally, defensive minded coaches seem to be more conservative. For example, I was high on Fangio but he seems to have the same issues as Lynn.
                          Thats true. I understand that logic.

But just speculating on a guy like Wink Martindale if he were to actually bring Marvin Lewis and Tony Elliott. Elliott had the talent at Clemson but with Deshaun and now Lawrence - could run some things that HErbert can do as though - all three are big QBs with mobility. I wasn't too high on Wink until I saw that staff - thats a big deal with me

Daboll is still pretty high on the If Lynn is fired list - so just have to see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                          X