• Send PM

Another Bills hire?

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Who can guarantee that this Bills OC is going to be better than the one we already have?
      He is likely a very good football coach. There are no bad coaches in the NFL. no matter what fanatics say.
      I think there is prisoners of the moment thinking and flavor of the year happening here.
      But lets compare resumes between Daboll and Steichen
      Daboll (clearly he is working with his most talented roster this 2020 season. And Allen in year 3, so that matters quite a bit, imo.)

2009 Cle OC 29th pts. 32nd yards.
      2010 Cle OC 31st pts. 29th yards.
      2011 Mia OC 20th pts. 22nd yards.
      2012 KC OC 32nd pts. 24th yards.
      2018 Buf OC 30th pts. 30th yards. ( this would be the comparison to Steichen, year 1 with rookie QB, 11 starts) Team went 6-10.
      2019 Buf OC 23rd pts. 24th yards. (this also would be a nice comparison as its more games, 16 starts)
      2020 Buf OC 6th pts. 4th yards.

Interesting side note.Year before Daboll arrived and Allen drafted, 2017 Bills were QB by Tyrod and went 9-7 and made playoffs.(rank 22nd pts. 29th yards)
      So they got worse before they got better. Wonder how Chargers fans would have handle going 6-10 in 2018. Fire everyone is my guess.

Josh Allen w/Daboll OC & Culley QB coach
      2018 11 starts 2074yd 52.8% 10TD 12INT
      Josh Allen w/Daboll OC & Dorsey QB coach
      2019 16 starts 3089 58.8% 20TD 9INT
      2020 15 starts 4320 69.1% 34TD 9INT

Steichen
      2020 OC Pts 21st. 8th yards.

Herbert w/Steichen OC & Pep QB coach
      2020 14 starts 4034 28TD 10INT

im feeling big time prisoner of the moment thinking in the assessments of the coaches.

Did the QB coach change from Culley(current Asst.HC/Passing coordinator of Ravens) to Ken Dorsey(former QB coach with Carolina 2013-2017 and there with Cam Newton part of his MVP season and Superbowl run) did Dorsey help Josh?

Could be said Dorsey former 2 time QB of year in NCAA was a very important part of both Cam and Allen development?
      Food for thought.
      Perhaps Daboll is getting a big assist from Ken Dorsey in what is going on with Josh Allen.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thats true. I understand that logic.

But just speculating on a guy like Wink Martindale if he were to actually bring Marvin Lewis and Tony Elliott. Elliott had the talent at Clemson but with Deshaun and now Lawrence - could run some things that HErbert can do as though - all three are big QBs with mobility. I wasn't too high on Wink until I saw that staff - thats a big deal with me

Daboll is still pretty high on the If Lynn is fired list - so just have to see what happens.
        That’s a good staff if true. But I felt Fangio had an equally good staff if not better with Pat Shumur at OC and Munchak as OL coach. Maybe my own disappointment at guessing Fangio wrong is souring me on a lot of older DC potential HC.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
          That’s a good staff if true. But I felt Fangio had an equally good staff if not better with Pat Shumur at OC and Munchak as OL coach. Maybe my own disappointment at guessing Fangio wrong is souring me on a lot of older DC potential HC.
          Hard to tell how good Fangio can be until Broncos solve the QB position.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Daniel Popper has learned about the St. Francis connection.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              Popper in his chat - just speculating of course - his "dream scenarios" - had the Chargers getting a guard like Thuney or Scherff (I approve though in some ways I think I want an upgrade at OC more)

Slater in the draft

Daboll as HC with Wade as his DC. If the Chargers were to hire Daboll and he got Wade - thats a home run hire.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Early Predictions: I'd be really pleased if Wink Martindale went to the Gotham City Jets.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Early Predictions: I'd be really pleased if Wink Martindale went to the Gotham City Jets.
                  Marvin Lewis to the Jags. Interesting combo with he and Ireland

The Lions make sense
                  Falcons - that makes sense with ARthur Smith

He has the Chargers firing Lynn - wonder if he has any intel - but the name fits!

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Popper in his chat - just speculating of course - his "dream scenarios" - had the Chargers getting a guard like Thuney or Scherff (I approve though in some ways I think I want an upgrade at OC more)

Slater in the draft

Daboll as HC with Wade as his DC. If the Chargers were to hire Daboll and he got Wade - thats a home run hire.
                    I prefer a DC who can equally adapt and adjust. Wade’s not bad if we want functional. But he’s a dinosaur that has his best year being his first, and then starts having issues after that first year because he sticks to the same scheme regardless of opponent. McVay made the right decision in replacing him with someone younger and more innovative like Staley.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Soon.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

https://boltbeat.com/2020/12/28/la-c...-anthony-lynn/

LA Chargers shouldn’t wait to move on from Anthony Lynn

With plenty of potential head coaches on the market, the LA Chargers shouldn’t wait to fire head coach Anthony Lynn. The LA Chargers have now won three games in a row, all of which have been one-score games. We all know that closing out games has been the big issue for this franchise as of late. It’s nice to see the team win close games but it shouldn’t distract you from the fact that this team needs a new life. In a season full of miscues and bad coaching, the organization is making a mistake by waiting until the end of the season to evaluate their plans with Anthony Lynn.

There are several top candidates worthy of a head coaching gig this year and the sooner you can get to interview these guys the better. Listen, Anthony Lynn seems like a great guy but it’s time for a change. You have a star rookie quarterback on a cheap deal. You must take advantage of that while you can.

On paper, this roster is a playoff contender if everyone is healthy. Yes, staying healthy is a big if for the Chargers every year. However, injuries can’t be an excuse anymore. Look at what is going on with the San Francisco 49ers right now. The team has been plagued with injuries all season long on both sides of the ball, yet they still have a top-five defense in the league. The staff can get the best out of their players regardless of who is on the field. That doesn’t seem to be the case for the Chargers. It feels like there’s a chance ownership will retain Lynn and hope with a healthy roster that he can get this team back to their 2018 form. He’s built a good relationship with the front office and who knows how they feel about him now after such a disappointing season.

Bringing back Lynn will be a huge mistake and could possibly leave this team without an opportunity to bring in a guy like Brian Daboll. Seeing what Daboll has done with Josh Allen has been incredible.

In addition, Daboll is a hot commodity right now. Many teams will ask for permission to interview him and rightfully so. As mentioned before, it’s good to move on from Lynn as soon as you can. The Texans and Lions have already begun their search for head coaches and general managers. The last thing you want to do is be late to the party and settle for a hire you really don’t want or be stuck with a head coach who’s already on the hot seat. If the LA Chargers start slow in 2021, you can assure yourself that we’ll hear rumblings about him losing his job.

Comment

Working...
                          X