• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Susie doesn't Tweet about Chargers much anymore.

Dean Spanos.png

Dean Spanos January 12th, 2017

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Black Monday will become a holiday on the ghost calendar.

There will be a beautiful convergence of ideas.

The marketing department (AG)
      ​​​​​​The scouting department (John-John)
      The master of disaster (Deano)
      The woman with common sense (Susan)
      aka the Spanos braintrust.

They will realize the time is ripe to invest in
      Urban renewal.
      Time to invest in infrastructure

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

#Urban

Last edited by ghost; 12-28-2020, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Silversurfer
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2019
          • Los Angeles
          • Send PM

[QUOTE=ghost;n1159640]#Urban

Got EXCITED reading that then realized it was from 2016 draft lol.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

[QUOTE=Silversurfer;n1159665]
            Originally posted by ghost View Post
            #Urban

Got EXCITED reading that then realized it was from 2016 draft lol.
            Like Wayne and Garth I about how a "schu-wing" but alas, saw the 2016 and it popped like a balloon!

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Notice: I removed the Urban Meyer quote entirely as do not want to derail this thread. Let's drop it entirely, please?

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                I fear we bring Lynn back, wasting several more years of player's careers with this clown and the team eventually firing him in a couple of years after they finally see what most of us here see.
                If Lynn comes back, he only has one year left...it's a do or die situation, so if he doesn't turn his act around big time, he is gone...I don't see this years of players careers being wasted...just one.

Don't get me wrong...I have seen enough...but if he is back, it's on the hot seat.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Send PM

Notice: I removed the Urban Meyer quote entirely as do not want to derail this thread. Let's drop it entirely, please?
                  What quote? Now I'm gonna wonder what I missed!!

Censorship, boo....

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Send PM

I am hoping we move on from Lynn...but I'm not gonna lose my fucking mind over it if he gets his final year, and cry about it all the way through next year...

If he does keep his job, I hope the following conditions are met..

1.TT goes to bat for him, then TT's fate should be tied to Lynn's, period.
                    2. Gus is gone. New DC, new scheme
                    3. New ST coach
                    4. Assistant head coach position created and filled with competent coach to manage the clock per Lynn's directed strategy.
                    5. Offensive line is number 1 offseason priority, both in FA and Draft.

If the locker room still has Lynn's back, then I would be content to sit back and watch his final year/chance with an open mind, provided the above conditions hold true...emphasis on #5. If next year Lynn can't raise us above mediocrity, at least Herbert won't get his legs broke, hopefully.

Again, I would like us to move on...but I hope if we let him ride the hot seat the last year of his contract, I don't have to come on here every day, and read the same old shit about how we are gonna suck next season, all the way till next years opening kickoff...boring...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Hard to say. If we win @ KC i think he stays as they see the ship turning even if we beat mostly backups. If Lynn says then id at least like to see us get a more aggressive DC.

But my hope is a new staff and maybe even a new GM but i think thats too drastic for the Spanii.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

#Urban

Cowherd is a Cowturd.

Good talker but doesnt know the Spani's

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          It's obvious the Bolts like AL, I do too, but I've seen him out-coached enough to want to part ways with him and I hope that's true for the Spanos family too
                          agree.... I like him as a person and the fact that players play hard for him...... but players do not play smart for him..... they lack discipline....
                          Lynn does not manage games well, is horrible managing time and personnel is overall way too conservative and far too obsessed with making the RB the focal point of our offense..... Lynn does not put the best players on the field at the same time....... he plays slow vets over young players with talent.....

teams should never promote a lifetime RB coach to HC or to OC..... with today's rules, those coaches need to know how to design, and manage a high-scoring passing game and know how to coach QB's......

Lynn is an ex RB and obsessed with making this team into a running one like the ravens.....which is why he went many weeks insisting Taylor was his starter and saying he thought he could win with either QB ...... he wanted a running QB.... who will only throw to wide-open receivers.......

This season, our offense was starting to open up more week after week, then after losing to the raiders but having 200 plus rushing yards, Lynn started taking charge of the offense and slowing it way down.... and the scoring way down..... trying desperately to get Chargers to run and run and run, and passes became mostly screens instead of throwing downfield..... taking the ball from his talented young QB.......

artificially keeping games close was how marty stayed employed for so long and Lynn has taken same approach...... (except marty's teams were much more disciplined.....)...

Ownership usually will fire coaches for losing blowout style, but rarely fire coaches who consistently lose close games ...... close losses are usually blamed on the players but reality is one close loss might be on a player for missing an easy kick, etc, but that many close losses are on the coaches....

and remember that all of our wins were barely wins against BAD teams....... and even CIN beat us but a ticky tack penalty took away their winning TD that they scored rather easily against Gus's soft conservative bend and break defense...... (that he smiles about every week!...even after losses)...JAX has no QB and they scored 29 on our bad defense.....

That is why Lynn and most of rest of the coaches(especially Gus) need to go.......

Comment

Working...
                          X