• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post

I've never been "well", cmon, you know me.

If I ever make it back I have some back reading to do
    My dude, Kyle showed up yesterday. Fleet said to me, if Kyle shows up I'm gonna shit. lol

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

The 2013 team had 2 Pro Bowl players on it. The 2018 team led the NFL with 7 Pro Bowl players.
      It probably helped that we won 3 more games in 2018 than 2013. Speaking of which, McCoy could have gone 12-4 that year as well. But he lost to Houston, Washington, and Tennessee. Look at their combined record and you can see why I think Lynn is better than McCoy. At least he can beat a bad team and never lost to the Browns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It probably helped that we won 3 more games in 2018 than 2013. Speaking of which, McCoy could have gone 12-4 that year as well. But he lost to Houston, Washington, and Tennessee. Look at their combined record and you can see why I think Lynn is better than McCoy. At least he can beat a bad team and never lost to the Browns.
        The issue to me is that in terms of talent I would rank all of Lynn's teams above all of McCoy's teams. None of McCoy's teams should have made the playoffs, but one did. All of Lynn's teams had playoff level talent. The 20018 team was arguably the most talented team in the entire NFL.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The 2006 Chargers had 12.

This team hasn't won the AFC West title w/ Telesco on-board.
          Denver early & then KC were elite teams during his tenure. They may possibly have garnered 4 out of the 8 Super Bowl entries & 3 Super Bowl championships by the end of this season..

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

The issue to me is that in terms of talent I would rank all of Lynn's teams above all of McCoy's teams. None of McCoy's teams should have made the playoffs, but one did. All of Lynn's teams had playoff level talent. The 20018 team was arguably the most talented team in the entire NFL.
            You are a big fan of Telesco?
            He did assemble all those exceptionally talented, playoff caliber teams AL coached, including the 2018 NFL best roster.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

My dude, Kyle showed up yesterday. Fleet said to me, if Kyle shows up I'm gonna shit. lol
              OK Schnee, where are you?
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

He did?

Comment

• Lyth
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Send PM

Did we ever hear of any of the assistants were walked out by security?

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I guess I don't see the talent difference as much you do. And I wouldn't use Pro Bowls as a litmus test for talent.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

He did?
                      Kyle was here, bro.

Comment

• Fleet
                        Fleet commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep just checked. Thats cool man.
                    • ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Shot. Chaser.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

That "arguably the most talented team" then went 5-11 the following season, and had back-to-back losing seasons, missing the playoffs. Some will say that this team won games in spite of Lynn, including that 2018 season, and I would agree. However, you can't have the best of both worlds. The coaches get a lot of the blame, but it's not all on them. If you praise the talent when it's doing well, then you also have to admit the faults of the talent when there are failures. The talent of this team is very overrated. They get more praise than they deserve.

People said this team's defense would be a top 5 defense before the season began. Boy were they wrong. Bradley's defense the last two years, 2019 and 2020, is barely better than the defenses that John Pagano had. Players like James and Bosa covered up for the bad spots and weakness that this team's defense had. And people are seeing how bad it sucks without them.

There were players who were blamed for the bad 2019 season. Certain players are gone. Then there are other players who are still here, who were also apart of the 2019 season or even before, and had their part in the failure and disaster of that season, but they don't get the blame. It makes no sense.

Comment

Working...
                        X