• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

AJ Smith had a couple of fantastic drafts and gradually went downhill. He also had the luxury of the rest of the AFC West sucking for most of his tenure here. When he left, the roster was not very good.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      AJ Smith had a couple of fantastic drafts and gradually went downhill. He also had the luxury of the rest of the AFC West sucking for most of his tenure here. When he left, the roster was not very good.
      Rich, you omitted best winning percentage GM in history in AJ Smith and best playoff winning percentage head coach in Norv Turner.

Your pronouncement did nothing to change the fact the best football man the Chargers ever had left in 2012.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Now, provide a fair assessment of Tom Telesco and his eight years. Please.
        TT has a very mixed bag and clearly the lines have been an issue for his entire tenure. If they fired him, I could not really argue against it. I think he’d have a much better record with better coaches. We don’t really know how much input he had into the hiring of McCoy and John Spanos made it clear before hiring Lynn that he had the final say in it. Part of most GMs jobs is the roster and coaching staff but is who knows how much he is allowed to control that. If we do move on from him (which I doubt) he would be snapped up by another team quickly.

Comment

• JOJAX85
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Irmo, SC
          • Send PM

TT has a very mixed bag and clearly the lines have been an issue for his entire tenure. If they fired him, I could not really argue against it. I think he’d have a much better record with better coaches. We don’t really know how much input he had into the hiring of McCoy and John Spanos made it clear before hiring Lynn that he had the final say in it. Part of most GMs jobs is the roster and coaching staff but is who knows how much he is allowed to control that. If we do move on from him (which I doubt) he would be snapped up by another team quickly.
          If Baby Spanos truly has the final say then maybe Telesco is ready to go. I know if I was hired to do a job & I was not allowed to do my job, I'd probably be ready to leave said job. Telesco may be as fed up as we are.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Rumor.

Black Monday, It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
            He should be so no surprise there.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Tom Telesco 58 wins in 8 years.

AJ Smith won 98 games in 10 years.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

HC Adam Gase has been told by owner Chris Johnson, he will not be returning.

Comment

• floydefisher
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • siberiacuse, ny
                  • Send PM

I'm going to be honest with you.

If the Chargers win against KC, there is a very good chance AL is here for another year.

With a loss to KC, AL will have back to back double digit loss seasons, and there is no way he comes back.

That is the spot I'm in this weekend: Do I really want the Chargers to win, or do I really want Anthony Lynn gone?

I think I'm officially sick.
                  sigpic

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Tom Telesco 58 wins in 8 years.

AJ Smith won 98 games in 10 years.
                    AJ built the most talented roster in the NFL. Shame he didn't hire a coach that could take advantage of it.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post
                      I'm going to be honest with you.

If the Chargers win against KC, there is a very good chance AL is here for another year.

With a loss to KC, AL will have back to back double digit loss seasons, and there is no way he comes back.

That is the spot I'm in this weekend: Do I really want the Chargers to win, or do I really want Anthony Lynn gone?

I think I'm officially sick.
                      Im not shy. I pick a loss. And jt shouldn't come down to that. He has demonstrated reasons to be fired already.

So has Telesco but it don't matter. JohnBoy is in charge. This franchise is doomed.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Im not shy. I pick a loss. And jt shouldn't come down to that. He has demonstrated reasons to be fired already.

So has Telesco but it don't matter. JohnBoy is in charge. This franchise is doomed.
                        Anything that facilitates Anthony Lynn hitting the bricks, I'm for.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It really is. I get it all the time.
                          "So you're a Chargers fan, huh?"
                          "Yes"
                          "Why?"
                          "I have no fucking idea."

Comment

Working...
                          X