• Boltgang74
    We Are The Storm!
    • Aug 2018
    • Send PM

It means we need a new GM

Comment

• Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You are a big fan of Telesco?
      He did assemble all those exceptionally talented, playoff caliber teams AL coached, including the 2018 NFL best roster.
      I would not say that I am a big fan of Telesco. I think he is thoroughly average. I am just neutral on his being fired in the face of a number of others that want him gone. I do not agree with the apparent thought of some that suggests that a bad result (record) necessarily means a bad GM.

This season we witnessed a playoff caliber team get coached to a losing record by a coach that employed strategies that lost numerous games for the team. After the NE game, no pundit that I heard thought NE was just a better team. In fact, the consensus was that we had the better roster and yet we lost 45-0. ESPN commentators suggested that if the two coaches traded teams, the result would have been 90-0 for the Chargers. A team cannot give up that much when it comes to coaching and expect to achieve its best results. The head coach had to be fired and he has been fired.

That does not necessarily mean that the GM should be fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I guess I don't see the talent difference as much you do. And I wouldn't use Pro Bowls as a litmus test for talent.
        I agree that Pro Bowls can be misleading and that at best they only capture a part of the overall roster. But if you dive deeper, I think the difference only gets greater.

Do you remember the low rent free agents/castoffs and our own remaining nobodies? These players were mostly nobodies that had done nothing. By contrast, the 2018 team has to be on the short list of the most talented teams in the entire league.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I agree that Pro Bowls can be misleading and that at best they only capture a part of the overall roster. But if you dive deeper, I think the difference only gets greater.

Do you remember the low rent free agents/castoffs and our own remaining nobodies? These players were mostly nobodies that had done nothing. By contrast, the 2018 team has to be on the short list of the most talented teams in the entire league.
          We were definitely not one of the most talented teams that year. We overachieved that season.

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

We were definitely not one of the most talented teams that year. We overachieved that season.
            Let’s just say most of the calls/balls bounced our way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I disagree with your take concerning the 2018 team. Besides leading the NFL in Pro Bowl players, that team very easily could have finished with as good as a 15-1 record. There were some close wins, but there were also several games that we should have won (KC, DEN, BAL) that we lost. Our record was probably pretty darn close to what it should have been.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Just wanted to say, one last time...I think Lynn is a helluva good coach...just not ready, if ever, for the Captains chair...hope he stays in football. He has a lot to give to young guys coming in the league...

Thank you sir...and good luck wherever you go.
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• JOJAX85
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2018
                  • Irmo, SC
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                  Just wanted to say, one last time...I think Lynn is a helluva good coach...just not ready, if ever, for the Captains chair...hope he stays in football. He has a lot to give to young guys coming in the league...

Thank you sir...and good luck wherever you go.
                  I do think he could make a good college coach. He's be an inspiration to the younger kids ala Herm Edwards.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

From Rap Sheet and Pelissero:
                    The #Seahawks

I do think going to a team like Seattle, with Coach Carroll would be a good mentor if you will for Lynn - different organization - would probably better prepare him for his next coaching gig. I thought of Zimmer too but actually Carroll is somebody he may never have worked with him.

As said above, the college coach - he would be excellent as well. This might be the path he needs. Work under another coach, see a different way of doing things and he will be better for it.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Maybe Carroll wants more draft picks...

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Some guys are simply not HC material. Lynn is so stubbornly loyal to bad coaches/players and set in his ways that I just don't see him ever being an effective head coach. But he can be a solid staff member for someone (but as OC - yikes!).

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I think he might have Russel Wilson broken by mid season, but he's exactly what Lynn wants in a QB.

Comment

Working...
                          X