• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SYB
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

You have an abundance of "if's'. I'm resisting the urge to applty same to 2006. The '06 team was simply better.
    FFS... Go ahead and dismiss the what if's. The point is that Schotty never got the team to the AFCCG, which was my main point. The rest was just looking ahead to what could/should have been with homer shades on..

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

None of that is in question or being discounted. However the last time that this team was dominating the league, Schotty wasn't the HC. And that's was the only point I was making.
      Then that is true but i just hated Norv as our HC. Of all the things this team has done, that is my most hated.

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I think he can pull that off for sure. He just that special of a talent. I cant seem them moving him around like that. He is too important in and around the box. He changes this D. I also tend to think Bosa could play Donalds spot. I dont necessarily think Staley comes in and tried to replicate what he did with the Rams and create equivalent players to what we have. I do think he will find ways to use Murray as more of a freelance type. And get after the QB some. I cringe when he drops back into zone in Bradleys D. I think Tranquil may be the smarter LB. If we are going to see some 34 base both guys will be inside. Who knows maybe he can figure out Nwosu and get some activity out of him.

I have always wondered what our D would look like with Bosa and Tillery at 5T with Joesph 2 gapping at nose. Would likely need to bring in Leonard Floyd who i think may be a real possibility. Be nice if we could turn Adderley into John Johnson.

Goood to see you man. Hope you stick around and post more.
        I hope he doesn't play him like that, as I don't think that Bosa would be as consistently effective on the inside, or want to play there. I expect more of a standup OLB role than a hand in the dirt DL. But we'll see when they get back together how it all falls together.

And for selfish reason, I really do hope that Staley can unlock Murray's potential, since I picked him up at the end of the season in my dynasty league. :whistlin:

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

FFS... Go ahead and dismiss the what if's. The point is that Schotty never got the team to the AFCCG, which was my main point. The rest was just looking ahead to what could/should have been with homer shades on..
          Losing an AFCCG was an accomplishment. I just believe the '06 team was our best since 1980. Post season accomplishments are nice but in a 1L & done tourney chance usually plays a role. Talking about "best Chargers team", give me the 16 game Champs. That said, I'll take any ragged ass Chargers that win a Lombardi.

Comment

• SYB
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Losing an AFCCG was an accomplishment. I just believe the '06 team was our best since 1980. Post season accomplishments are nice but in a 1L & done tourney chance usually plays a role. Talking about "best Chargers team", give me the 16 game Champs. That said, I'll take any ragged ass Chargers that win a Lombardi.
            I wouldn't argue that. I just took issue with the statement that the "last time" this team dominated the league, it was under Schotty's lead. While I understand the point that chris was trying to make about D minded HC's, his assertion was incorrect. The team also dominated under Norval, although it was short lived.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

I wouldn't argue that. I just took issue with the statement that the "last time" this team dominated the league, it was under Schotty's lead. While I understand the point that chris was trying to make about D minded HC's, his assertion was incorrect. The team also dominated under Norval, although it was short lived.
              It was the same amount of years of dominance as it was under Marty: exactly three.

Comment

• Chargerville
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Norm never won the division or made the playoffs in a season where another AFC West team (other than the Chargers) finished with a winning record.

And much like Marty, I would hate to see his record against the top AFC teams back then other than the Colts (Pats, Pitt, Bal, Jets)

Comment

• gzubeck
                  Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Tucson, AZ
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Then that is true but i just hated Norv as our HC. Of all the things this team has done, that is my most hated.
                  I didn't dislike Norv until Rivera left as defensive coordinator. I could see the writing on the wall then, Norf could care less, and the team disintegrated.

:smoking:
                  Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• SYB
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                    It was the same amount of years of dominance as it was under Marty: exactly three.
                    And their winning percentage are damn near exactly the same during their Chargers tenure as well. Schotty was .588 and Norval .583

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

And their winning percentage are damn near exactly the same during their Chargers tenure as well. Schotty was .588 and Norval .583
                      Norv was fine as a HC as long as the talent was there to run his scheme. I think he got too much hate because he was horrible with the Raiders and had a reputation. We could have definitely won a Super Bowl with him if luck was on our side. But alas, like Marty and even the great Don Coryell, we Chargered everything when it mattered.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post
                        Norm never won the division or made the playoffs in a season where another AFC West team (other than the Chargers) finished with a winning record.

And much like Marty, I would hate to see his record against the top AFC teams back then other than the Colts (Pats, Pitt, Bal, Jets)
                        I feel like we did decently against the Ravens and Jets(barring that horrible PO game) under Norv.

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Norv was fine as a HC as long as the talent was there to run his scheme. I think he got too much hate because he was horrible with the Raiders and had a reputation. We could have definitely won a Super Bowl with him if luck was on our side. But alas, like Marty and even the great Don Coryell, we Chargered everything when it mattered.
                          And that is what it all boils down to.

Comment

Working...
                          X