• Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
    Den

It's 10 mil the raiders paid the other ten.

To me either they are a bitch to kroenke or stay
    Yes, $10M, $20M divided by 2, got it. They have also spent more than a year working on the Carson deal. That had to cost something. They have also just hired Carmen Policy, I don't think he is working for free. I'm sure there is other money that they have spent directly to move the Carson plan forward.

So, you have the Chargers paying somewhere around $1M per year for the last 13 or so years to find a way to stay in SD versus almost as much (if not as much or more) in one year to facilitate a move to LA. When you look at the dollars, where is the current momentum (you know, the big "Mo" people like to talk about when it comes to football)? I'm going to say LA.

Is that clear enough now?

Comment

• Faded blues
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2013
      • Send PM

I'm 100 percent sure kroenke is not going to be pressured to do anything

He doesn't want a tenant.

I don't care what articles you cite, I can cite just as money where he can and will tell the NFL to fuck themselves.

I don't care if the NFL likes dean, they are smart enough to know the Chargers in la would be a disaster.

Rams and no ones else for 5 years, then expansion.

Clear?

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

San Diego could file an anti-trust suit? With help from Mike Aguirre?

Comment

• bonehead
          Undrafted
          • Jul 2013
          • TBD
          • Retired
          • Send PM

LOL....Mike Aguirre for Mayor
          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• SDFan
            Woober Goober
            • Jun 2013
            • Dolores, CO
            • Retired
            • Send PM

I don't care what articles you cite, I can cite just as money where he can and will tell the NFL to fuck themselves.

I don't care if the NFL likes dean, they are smart enough to know the Chargers in la would be a disaster.

Clear?
            of the 3 clubs mentioned as possibly relocating to LA- the Spani is the poorest of the bunch and has no connection to the market like the other 2. Even if the other owners like Deano the best, that doesn't mean its a rubber stamp approval for him to just up and move to LA. The Inglewood site is far preferable to the dump in Carson and letting the Chargers and Raiders both move like proposed means realigning conferences and rivalries and would not be a move taken lightly by the NFL. I still belive Kroenke has the horsepower to get the Inglewood site approved over the Carson dump, but expect the NFL places an expansion franchise there before allowing him to move the Rams there.
            Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltaction
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Spanos and Davis only need six more votes, besides their own two, to block Kroenke from moving. He needs a whole lot of votes to get an approval.

Comment

• Boltaction
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Kroenke needs twenty four votes to win the NFL vote of approval. I guess then they need nine votes to block the move Not eight like they were saying on the radio.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Those votes don't mean anything. Al Davis already proved that in court.

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

And Jerrah has Stans back

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                      Those votes don't mean anything. Al Davis already proved that in court.
                      The league could do some other inside stuff to make it hard for Kroenke to do business... like take draft picks, fines, no superbowl, bad scheduling, etc. I don't think he could contest those if he's breaking league by-laws, except taking it to court and testing anti-trust provisions.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                        The league could do some other inside stuff to make it hard for Kroenke to do business... like take draft picks, fines, no superbowl, bad scheduling, etc. I don't think he could contest those if he's breaking league by-laws, except taking it to court and testing anti-trust provisions.
                        I think all of this is probably true but at the end of the day the Los Angeles Rams are in LA and Stans the owner and he's raking in the $$$$

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Den60
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Clear?
                          It's too bad you don't have a dog in this hunt, then I would feel much more confident in the prospects of the Chargers staying. I really think that when the moving trucks head up the 5 there will be some on here that will fully expect them to turn around once they hit the traffic at the 405 merge.

Comment

Working...
                          X