• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

As many as five people were shot and wounded in violence that started at gang party in Inglewood before spilling into neighboring South Los Angeles.

Stay classy Ingalwood!
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
        Scott is very well connected Rich. He has championed the stadium case above and beyond any media person in San Diego. His only agenda is a stadium, he has called BS on anything not passing the smell test on every side of the debate. Dave and Jeff have nowhere near the personality or connections in San Doego compared to Scott|BR IMO.

The ratings don't lie either. 1360 is a bottom barrel station in SD whereas 1090 is the sixth highest station for the entire radio market. People like 1090 and their personalities.
        Kaplan has grown on me since I've been listening to his show regularly now since he is championing the stadium issue. He asks a lot of tough questions of everyone and tries to get some real answers. You're right, he does seem to have some good connections and gets more info than real reporters and journalists out there. He had some of the CSAG info three days before it was announced. And he doesn't just base his opinions on "gut feelings", which a lot of people seem to be doing in this city.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
          Scott is very well connected Rich. He has championed the stadium case above and beyond any media person in San Diego. His only agenda is a stadium, he has called BS on anything not passing the smell test on every side of the debate. Dave and Jeff have nowhere near the personality or connections in San Doego compared to Scott|BR IMO.

The ratings don't lie either. 1360 is a bottom barrel station in SD whereas 1090 is the sixth highest station for the entire radio market. People like 1090 and their personalities.
          He is definitely leading the cheering section for a new stadium and I applaud him for that. But he is a crass, obnoxious egomaniac who usually does nothing other than try and have the show center around himself rather than sports. And if I never hear another thing about his horses again, I'd be happy (though I usually just turn the station when that happens). He is extraordinarily condescending to woman and him trying to act black when he has an Afro American guest on is insulting. If John Lynch Sr hadn't screwed up his firing so badly he wouldn't even be on the air right now. I like Billy Ray, but let's be real - he doesn't add much to the show and rarely takes a stance on anything.

They are head to head against Steve Hartman who is stuck with a horrible partner and a weak signal so I'm not surprised about ratings.

Comment

• KNSD
            Registered Charger Hater
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Can't stand Kaplan, but he's doing a decent job wrt championing the stadium.
            Prediction:
            Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
            Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
            Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              He is definitely leading the cheering section for a new stadium and I applaud him for that. But he is a crass, obnoxious egomaniac who usually does nothing other than try and have the show center around himself rather than sports. And if I never hear another thing about his horses again, I'd be happy (though I usually just turn the station when that happens). He is extraordinarily condescending to woman and him trying to act black when he has an Afro American guest on is insulting. If John Lynch Sr hadn't screwed up his firing so badly he wouldn't even be on the air right now. I like Billy Ray, but let's be real - he doesn't add much to the show and rarely takes a stance on anything.

They are head to head against Steve Hartman who is stuck with a horrible partner and a weak signal so I'm not surprised about ratings.
              Most radio guys are obnoxious tools, that's how they get the ratings. That said, what Kaplan has done with the stadium issue has really set him apart. He's taken an important issue and made a significant stand for something good. That's saying something. He deserves respect for this.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

The VofSD is suing Carson. Carson claims there is not one piece of communication between their city and the NFL in regards to stadium negotiations prior to the announcement.

Carson says there are no communications between its elected officials and the NFL regarding a Chargers stadium. We find this hard to believe.

Comment

• KNSD
                  Registered Charger Hater
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

lol, I'm liking the Voice of San Diego more and more. I bet the traffic on their website has gone up by a factor of 50 since this thing began.
                  Prediction:
                  Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                  Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                  Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

Hollywood Park grandstands implode in Inglewood

St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke has plans to build an 80,000-seat stadium in Inglewood, California. Those plans took another step forward.

The grandstands at the former Hollywood Park were imploded Sunday morning at 6 a.m., at the site of the proposed NFL stadium, per Austin Knoblauch from the Los Angeles Times.

The plans to move a team to L.A. are gaining momentum, but remain up in the air -- either at Inglewood or the Raiders/Chargers joint location in Carson.

But that's not why you are here. You're here to see stuff implode.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

I'm here to watch this board implode...

anyhoo.. that demo was in the works way before Kroenke announced his intentions.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

It looked to me like they only collapsed half the structure, the backside wasn't imploded. Half-baked.

Comment

• Wheels
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • San Diego
                          • Send PM

Drove to LAX twice in the last 3 weeks. Man is Carson a dump. If the NFL is there, they probably won't want to do that pan out shot of the stadium. They'll probably just have to use stock footage of Malibu or Santa Monica.

Comment

Working...
                          X