• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faded blues
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
    So the Chargers (and Raiders) bought this plot of land. It wasn't stated how much that cost but I'm sure it cost a pretty penny. And then the article goes on to say that the $1.7 billion stadium will be privately financed.

Where in the world are the Chargers and Raiders coming up with all this money all of a sudden? It doesn't add up.
    no it doesn't add up. I want to laugh, cry and scream at the same time to this idiocy.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard4SanDiego View Post
      Businesses dont buy huge pieces of land to bluff. They already have the land.

Here is the thing, the Chargers have no choice but to OPT out of qualcomm next year. No way we get a deal guaranteed with the city by then, and I cant blame them.
      Completely agree with this. It is not a bluff, and the city isn't even close to having their shit together to even make a decent run to keep them. They're like The People's Front of Judea.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

What becomes of Aztec football? The bowl games? Thanks city clowncil!

Comment

• Faded blues
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2013
          • Send PM

its bullshit.

Aeg bought land
          Rams by land

Hell I know tons of people that buy land and sit on it and do nothing.

It's called an investment.

Have fun in carson

That's like el centro

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
            its bullshit.

Aeg bought land
            Rams by land

Hell I know tons of people that buy land and sit on it and do nothing.

It's called an investment.

Have fun in carson

That's like el centro
            It's probably the only land they could afford in LA!

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

image.jpg

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                What becomes of Aztec football? The bowl games? Thanks city clowncil!
                The Qualcomm site will be razed and a smaller scale stadium built in its place, probably one that can also be configured for soccer. SDSU will probably get a bunch of land there as well to expand. I'd be more than happy to buy season tix for the Aztecs, and probably other jilted Bolt fans will do so as well.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Welcome the Carson Chargers AND Raiders!!!!????? WTF?;!!!
                  Raiders, Chargers exploring jointly built stadium in Carson, California

Posted by Mike Wilkening on February 19, 2015, 11:32 PM EST

AP
                  In a remarkable development, the San Diego Chargers and Oakland Raiders have developed a plan in which they would partner to build and share a stadium south of Los Angeles.

According to Sam Farmer of the Los Angeles Times, the clubs are proposing a $1.7 billion stadium on a 168-acre plot in Carson, California, which is 15-20 miles south of Los Angeles.

The stadium would be financed privately, the Times reported. The clubs have jointly purchased the land for a stadium site, the newspaper said.

Both the Chargers and Raiders are seeking new stadiums in their respective cities. And in a joint statement from the teams released Thursday night and posted on the Chargers’ website, the clubs pledged to “remain committed to continuing to work in our home markets throughout 2015 to try to find publicly acceptable solutions to the long-term stadium issue.”

Nevertheless, the Carson proposal very clearly turns up the pressure on San Diego and Oakland to step up to the plate.

The Los Angeles market has been without an NFL club since the Rams and Raiders departed after the 1994 season. However, earlier this year, Rams owner Stan Kroenke declared his intentions to build a stadium at the old Hollywood Park site in Inglewood, California.

Now, the Raiders and Chargers are playing the Los Angeles card, raising the stakes for their current home cities.

Below is the full text of the joint Raiders-Chargers statement released by the Chargers on Thursday night:

“We have both been working in our home markets to find a stadium solution for many years, so far unsuccessfully.

“We remain committed to continuing to work in our home markets throughout 2015 to try to find publicly acceptable solutions to the long-term stadium issue.

“We also both understand and respect the NFL’s relocation process, and we intend to adhere strictly to the relocation procedures that the League has set forth for Los Angeles.

“In particular, we respect the right of the NFL’s owners to decide on all Los Angeles-related relocation issues and understand that any relocation application that is filed for Los Angeles must obtain the approval of three-fourths of the NFL’s owners.

“Both teams have kept the NFL owners’ committee on Los Angeles, and the Commissioner, fully informed about our joint efforts.

“We are pursuing this stadium option in Carson for one straightforward reason: If we cannot find a permanent solution in our home markets, we have no alternative but to preserve other options to guarantee the future economic viability of our franchises.

“In short, for the remainder of 2015, we intend to move down two tracks simultaneously:

“On track one, we will continue to work in our home markets to find permanent stadium solutions that are publicly acceptable.

“On track two, we will work in Carson to preserve our options, and the future economic viability of our franchises, in the event that our efforts in our local markets fail.

“Throughout this process we will respect the rules and procedures set forth by the League and defer completely to the ultimate decision of the NFL’s owners.”
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                    The Qualcomm site will be razed and a smaller scale stadium built in its place, probably one that can also be configured for soccer. SDSU will probably get a bunch of land there as well to expand. I'd be more than happy to buy season tix for the Aztecs, and probably other jilted Bolt fans will do so as well.
                    Will the smaller stadium work for the Holiday Bowl, which is closer to the upper tier of bowl games?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Holiday bowl 2016 to be held at Torrey Pines Highschool...

Joke!!!
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

Burn it all fucking down!

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Four posts left. My retirement from the workforce, the Chargers, this board, and the NFL in general seems to be well timed. At least, based on the latest "news" about the Chargers sharing a stadium with - GASP! - the Raiders! For the haters on this board, I honestly can't think of a worse scenario. I genuinely feel sorry for the many true fans out there. But I've been living in this city for 35 years and - really - the Chargers have almost always been an afterthought for all but the most rabid fans.

And the announcement almost makes sense; the Chargers ownership is frustrated. What better way to - MAYBE - get this city to do something, ANYTHING, then to "announce" there's a 'Plan B' solidly in place...just in case. A 'Plan B' that could quickly get promoted to a 'Plan A'. Threats everywhere.

But even if I wasn't bowing out, I'd NEVER root for an out-of-town football team. I can totally understand the feelings of guys like Wheels, KNSD, TTK, and others, who would become 'generic' football fans...if they didn't 'retire' themselves.

It's the "Curse of Muggs". One of my (two) buddies. He's a SoCal native and has spent his entire life (he's 52) without a championship of any kind for any team in any sport. Unfortunately, he's a Charger fan.

Comment

Working...
                          X