• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

​​​​​​Mixing in more runs does not mean more three and outs.
    You can't predict the future or the success of play sequences vs opponent fronts and coverage.
    What we do know is that all that passing didn't work. They were beat and it was never close today.
    ​​​​​​It was a bad game plan and bad play calling. At least the coach of Bills coach admitted they were out coached. It was obvious.

I'd take Romo over Daboll. Much rather have someone who see things from a QB perspective and has actually been behind center.....like Brandon Staley.

​​​​​​Chainy. Your plan was keep Rivers and don't draft Herbert.
    So, your ability to predict the future and what will work moving forward sucks worse than Daboll play calling. The Chargers would be in hell right now. Rivers retire and needing a QB. And pick #13 probably isn't going to get you a good one. But it was obvious Rivers career was going to end soon and getting a new QB should be a priority. You could not see it. But somehow you can see a few more runs to mix things up will only equal more 3 and outs.

​​​​​​Go get your eyes checked. Your vision is cloudy.
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Haha would be ironic but I don’t think mcdermott feels confident he can find an upgrade this offseason

I hear Lombardi is good... haha I kid I kid!
      There are rumors about Ken Dorsey being wanted by Seattle and Miami. If McDermott thinks Allen plays has benefit more because of the QB coach than the OC. Does he promote Dorsey to OC to keep him together with Allen.

Comment

• TTThunder
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post
        With LaFleur’s dumbass move kicking a FG, I’d fire the entire coaching staff if it were up to me.
        That kicking FG is too dumb for professional coach...

Was this rigged for Brady?!?
        Last edited by TTThunder; 01-25-2021, 01:28 AM.

Comment

• UglyTruth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Haha would be ironic but I don’t think mcdermott feels confident he can find an upgrade this offseason

I hear Lombardi is good... haha I kid I kid!
          Lmao.
          Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
          - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
          - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
          - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
          - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
          - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
          - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• CivilBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2019
            • Send PM

I think the most effective way to beat mahomes is to keep him on the bench with long sustaining drives. We did this in our first game against KC that we almost won. I think there was one quarter JH was so efficient, mahomes never touched the ball. On the other hand, Allen had way too many 3 and outs last night that tired out their D. Bills third down efficiency was only at 35%. JH had one of the highest this season.

Comment

• floydefisher
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • siberiacuse, ny
              • Send PM

I think we can agree Matt LeFleur needs to be FIRED. I'm actually shocked he made it to the post game press conference.

You have Aaron Rogers as your QB, and on 4th and your whole season is riding on the next play, you kick a field goal to move within 5 pts?

Then to add insult to injury, YOU DO NOT ATTEMPT AN ONSIDE KICK to at least try and get the ball back?!?!

Two biggest bonehead coaching calls in recent history IMHO. Brady deserved another Super Bowl trip after that brain cramp. At least he tried to win, even if he wasn't sharp at all.
              sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • siberiacuse, ny
                • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post
                I think the most effective way to beat mahomes is to keep him on the bench with long sustaining drives. We did this in our first game against KC that we almost won. I think there was one quarter JH was so efficient, mahomes never touched the ball. On the other hand, Allen had way too many 3 and outs last night that tired out their D. Bills third down efficiency was only at 35%. JH had one of the highest this season.
                The borrow a quote from a NYG coach, the only way the Bucs beat Mahomes, is with a shotgun pre game.

I think we are going to watch a curb stomp in the Super Bowl. If they shut down Allen like that, I can only imagine what they are going to do with that 43 year old statue of the G.O.A.T., Tom Brady.

Going to be a loooong day in Tampa Bay. I hope they lined up good commercials for this year. They will be the only thing worth watching.
                sigpic

Comment

• floydefisher
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • siberiacuse, ny
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  ​​​​​​Mixing in more runs does not mean more three and outs.
                  You can't predict the future or the success of play sequences vs opponent fronts and coverage.
                  What we do know is that all that passing didn't work. They were beat and it was never close today.
                  ​​​​​​It was a bad game plan and bad play calling. At least the coach of Bills coach admitted they were out coached. It was obvious.

I'd take Romo over Daboll. Much rather have someone who see things from a QB perspective and has actually been behind center.....like Brandon Staley.

​​​​​​Chainy. Your plan was keep Rivers and don't draft Herbert.
                  So, your ability to predict the future and what will work moving forward sucks worse than Daboll play calling. The Chargers would be in hell right now. Rivers retire and needing a QB. And pick #13 probably isn't going to get you a good one. But it was obvious Rivers career was going to end soon and getting a new QB should be a priority. You could not see it. But somehow you can see a few more runs to mix things up will only equal more 3 and outs.

​​​​​​Go get your eyes checked. Your vision is cloudy.
                  Or maybe, just maybe, he realizes the Bills lack a run game?

They ranked 24th in the league in rushing....look it up. He's right for once.
                  sigpic

Comment

• MusicMakerInMe
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2020
                    • Send PM

Interesting takeaway after watching both games today: the teams without run games got annihilated and made the pass easier to defend. Green Bay had two dynamic running backs, 3 if you count their 2nd round pick and touched the ball 15 times total; yet through the season they sometimes got 15 carries each.

Meanwhile, both winning teams had real strong running games and big plays out the backfield. In both games the winning team was moving a lot of yards during most of their running attempts. Their running games simply weren’t a throwaway snap hoping something good happens, they were snaps that picked up a good 5 yards nearly each time and some that completely broke out.

Gotta keep the defenses honest with a playmaker in those spots (not only a good OL). I don’t want a “pass only“ offense because that hasn’t been enough to get to the Super Bowl the last three to four years, really most of the last decade. Keep the “finesse ball” mentality away from this team because it doesn’t win the big games and you get strong armed like the Bills. Good defenses will treat you like you’re soft and will disrespect your QB and your whole offensive scheme. Get a good running back or two, not average nor “simply reliable” ones. Prioritize a playmaker there.
                    Last edited by MusicMakerInMe; 01-25-2021, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

The borrow a quote from a NYG coach, the only way the Bucs beat Mahomes, is with a shotgun pre game.

I think we are going to watch a curb stomp in the Super Bowl. If they shut down Allen like that, I can only imagine what they are going to do with that 43 year old statue of the G.O.A.T., Tom Brady.

Going to be a loooong day in Tampa Bay. I hope they lined up good commercials for this year. They will be the only thing worth watching.
                      And the GOAT’s 3 picks against GB doesn’t give much confidence. It can get ugly real quick. Announcer said it was the cold but I don’t buy it. He played in NE for many years where they see snow all the time. Unless he is referring to arthritis being affected by cold :coffee:

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

Or maybe, just maybe, he realizes the Bills lack a run game?

They ranked 24th in the league in rushing....look it up. He's right for once.
                        The Cheifs defense is 14th vs pass and 21st vs rush.
                        Also Chris Jones ranks 2nd behind Aaron Donald in pass rush rate by DT. So the strength of the Cheifs defense is pass defense and pass rush. They have nobody who ranks top 10 stopping run. Nobody.

Its just terrible to go. We are 24th rank in run.
                        So let's just pass it all day.
                        The Cheifs were playing a lot of man and turning their backs. Leaving big opportunity on edge to run. Basically daring the Bills to run. And Instead of taking what defense was giving. They forced the pass all day.

Maybe just maybe adjust your play calling vs the team and scheme your playing. The run opportunity were there. They just never dialed up anything. And if they were going to abandon run. Then why not use more natural rub routes and stacked sets to get better separation since Cheifs were playing tight man well. Why not run some screens to slow down pass rush.

Daboll call a bad game. Bills game plan was bad. Essentially it was just we are going to pass, pass, pass. And Cheifs were ready. And didn't even try to defend the run. They basically said. If you want to run at us. Go for it. We are just worried about the pass. They pinned their ears back and ignored the run.

And the Bills got blown out.
                        Maybe that why Daboll only got a sniff from Jets and Chargers and they went another direction. He ain't it.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by MusicMakerInMe View Post
                          Interesting takeaway after watching both games today: the teams without run games got annihilated and made the pass easier to defend. Green Bay had two dynamic running backs, 3 if you count their 2nd round pick and touched the ball 15 times total; yet through the season they sometimes got 15 carries each.

Meanwhile, both winning teams had real strong running games and big plays out the backfield. In both games the winning team was moving a lot of yards during most of their running attempts. Their running games simply weren’t a throwaway snap hoping something good happens, they were snaps that picked up a good 5 yards nearly each time and some that completely broke out.

Gotta keep the defenses honest with a playmaker in those spots (not only a good OL). I don’t want a “pass only“ offense because that hasn’t been enough to get to the Super Bowl the last three to four years, really most of the last decade. Keep the “finesse ball” mentality away from this team because it doesn’t win the big games and you get strong armed like the Bills. Good defenses will treat you like you’re soft and will disrespect your QB and your whole offensive scheme. Get a good running back or two, not average nor “simply reliable” ones. Prioritize a playmaker there.
                          I don't disagree but rodgers had his chances to win the game and didn't play his best, and obviously coaching didn't help.
                          Allen was very confused and imho read his own press clippings, thought he was unsackable or didn't have to throw it away.
                          Obviously I want a strong/reliable run game but Herbert in a pass oriented offense has a great chance against both KC and TB defenses last night
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X